Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 07:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Whats the weight difference from the aluminum front shock tower to the carbon one? And is the aluminum one lighter then the stock one on the truck? I was thinking of getting the strc front tower, as I have the rear losi aluminum one, if the strc one is lighter then the stock one ill get it as its cheeper.
Old 06-01-2011, 07:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 215 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Blitzrockey View Post
Whats the weight difference from the aluminum front shock tower to the carbon one? And is the aluminum one lighter then the stock one on the truck? I was thinking of getting the strc front tower, as I have the rear losi aluminum one, if the strc one is lighter then the stock one ill get it as its cheeper.
the aluminum they use is soft, i have seen many shock tower from them twist and snap
Old 06-01-2011, 07:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

To Ryan, are the pins in the diff gear set hardened or still the old soft ones?
Old 06-01-2011, 07:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by timannnn6 View Post
Got home today and had 3 packages of complete gear sets for all 3 diffs. I must say thanks to Ryan and Horizon for supporting this truck waaaaaayyy beyond what ANY manufacturer would do. The only thing I asked for was pins about 4 months ago, filling out the form online and giving horizon a call. This is above and beyond. Thanks again Losi.
damn what did you do to get all 3 sets? You must have whispered sweet nothings into that rep's ear or gave him a happy ending or something. The guy I talked to was only replacing one set; he seemed disturbed about the call. LOL.... Oh well beggers cant be choosers. This one set will be just fine for now. Thanks again HH.
Old 06-01-2011, 08:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

How long is it taking everyone to get their pins? I emailed the deal about 2 weeks ago and waiting all the pins were worn & missing shims, the truck hasn't even been under power yet.. Just curious hopefully gonna get to drive this truck on the track soon
Old 06-01-2011, 08:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cwilkinson View Post
How long is it taking everyone to get their pins? I emailed the deal about 2 weeks ago and waiting all the pins were worn & missing shims, the truck hasn't even been under power yet.. Just curious hopefully gonna get to drive this truck on the track soon
why would you not get the chris oins and be done with it

i ordered a set this morning and he just sent me a email saying they will be shipped ASAP

why wait when there is no proof that 2nd batch will be any better then the 1st batch ?

Originally Posted by b121774 View Post
anything thats coming from there factory now is the 2nd shipment which means they are they hard but not tested as yet with all our tracks
Old 06-01-2011, 08:30 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by DBL15 View Post
why would you not get the chris oins and be done with it

i ordered a set this morning and he just sent me a email saying they will be shipped ASAP

why wait when there is no proof that 2nd batch will be any better then the 1st batch ?

anything thats coming from there factory now is the 2nd shipment which means they are they hard but not tested as yet with all our tracks
I dunno as a consumer I just don't understand why I have to buy something else to make it work right? Maybe im stubborn but in my trade if I installed a piping system for a customer and told them to call someone else to fix what I messed up I don't think I would be doing a job for them again.. So obviously I'm going to do the job right the first time or fix a problem I run into fast and efficient for the customer!
Old 06-01-2011, 08:34 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by hacker07 View Post
That is great to hear. You may consider keeping one if you dont need any so you have a backup or even two but selling the other one to someone that could really use it. Just a thought to keep us all moving and smiling with our trucks.
Hi Ryan,
that's what i want to say, nothing can be received for oversea, even the HH distributor, i know you maybe cannot control how HH arrange, but in my side total have around 10 SCTE players and no one got the replacement pins, if Losi really have good customer serivce as people say here, i think you can help as what the Losi web says, not just US.

that's my last post here for this topic.
Old 06-01-2011, 08:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by b121774 View Post
The pins in the gear sets that do exist are the harder ones as I replaced them myself.

Originally Posted by racerx1920 View Post
the aluminum they use is soft, i have seen many shock tower from them twist and snap
Saying things like this is simply flaming. Please dont. The aluminum in the towers is fine for most and many have NO problems with them. The carbon are lighter and last a very long time.

We have plenty of pins so if you havent received them, something is wrong. PM me with your full name and address and I will send them to you myslef.

I dunno as a consumer I just don't understand why I have to buy something else to make it work right? Maybe im stubborn but in my trade if I installed a piping system for a customer and told them to call someone else to fix what I messed up I don't think I would be doing a job for them again.. So obviously I'm going to do the job right the first time or fix a problem I run into fast and efficient for the customer!
We are trying, not perfect, but trying.
Old 06-01-2011, 08:39 PM
Tech Regular

We are trying, not perfect, but trying.
Please don't take it wrong I'm not pissed off or wanting to brand bash you guys I would recommend this truck to anybody I'm just being stubborn/patient on the use of the stock pins
Old 06-01-2011, 08:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KingdomRacer View Post
So, basically the pins that are able to wear from LOSI should have nothing to do with wearing your gears.
Honestly...
Dude. What?
Old 06-01-2011, 08:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

Ryan,

I took racerx1920's post to say that the STRC aluminum towers were too soft, not the Losi one.

I have the carbon towers from Losi. They weigh about the same as the stock aluminum tower, but they are much stiffer.

Chris
Old 06-01-2011, 08:47 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by hacker07 View Post
We have plenty of pins so if you havent received them, something is wrong. PM me with your full name and address and I will send them to you myslef.
To Ryan,

then how you handle my case ???
i sent the deal 4 weeks ago.
Old 06-01-2011, 08:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by afaberc View Post
so is losi going to replace diffs since the pins were bad and the diff pin blocks wore funny which are taking out the gears too? It would be nice since most of my blocks are oval and my gears look bad now.
How much time do you have on your diffs? Can you post pix of your gears and blocks??
Old 06-01-2011, 08:49 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I have to agree with this one. Fortunately In the real world this is how it works. Unfortunately this isn't how HH is seeing thing's which is quite disappointing.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.