Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 05-28-2011, 09:09 PM
  #10711  
Tech Master
iTrader: (4)
 
larlev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Austin, Tx.
Posts: 1,534
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Integra View Post
Both Pecks set-up's on the first page are imo right. Im not too sure what Ryan's theory on why he ran the front end higher, More than likely for a particular track is all.
Ya, maybe so. It's also in the manual at 29.5(f) 24.5(r). I mainly run indoor clay smooth track, so I like mine higher in front a bit. We dont have an outdoor track here yet...it's coming.
larlev is offline  
Old 05-28-2011, 09:11 PM
  #10712  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (8)
 
Integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 12,486
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by hacker07 View Post
We have gone away from setups with the front that much higher than the rear. Last we ran it was blue groove outdoor and we ran 27mm front/rear.


Awesome, Thanks for clearing that up Ryan.
Integra is offline  
Old 05-28-2011, 09:11 PM
  #10713  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (16)
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: So Cal
Posts: 244
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default First time out

Ran at WCRC yesterday. It was my first time on the track. Got there late and didn't have practice time on their new layout. First race came in 5th (out of 10) did pretty good for a newbie. Second race came in 5th again but cut 2 seconds off my lap time. In the final started 6th ran 2nd in a 8 minute main until 2 min to go. Then the SCTE started getting loose. Started to crash and hit everything and truck in sight. Still ended up in 4th. After race I found two of my new tires unglued.

I was impressed by this truck great. I run 550 Novak 14mm rotor- MMP- gearing was 40/13 (13 the only mod 1 i had). I wanted to run 14 tooth.

I have alot of mods and weight reduction planned. I am glad I choose this car.
A929ryda is offline  
Old 05-28-2011, 09:14 PM
  #10714  
Tech Master
iTrader: (4)
 
larlev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Austin, Tx.
Posts: 1,534
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by hacker07 View Post
We have gone away from setups with the front that much higher than the rear. Last we ran it was blue groove outdoor and we ran 27mm front/rear.
Haha...it wouldn't matter for me anyway. I like it a few mm's higher in front.
larlev is offline  
Old 05-28-2011, 09:14 PM
  #10715  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (2)
 
crip#8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: belleville wi
Posts: 180
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

yeah i think i will go with the chris pins. more of a permenant fix
crip#8 is offline  
Old 05-28-2011, 09:25 PM
  #10716  
Tech Master
iTrader: (37)
 
Mr.juarez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,280
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

got my new scte yesterday after horizon sent out a new batch of them this past week. "broke the diff in" as the manual said, changed the grease out and the shock oil and about half way into the pack at the track i got a really noisy rear diff. its more of a clicking than humming

would a really bad driveline cause that noise as well. my rear center driveline has a nasty wobble along with my front right as well.

Last edited by Mr.juarez; 05-28-2011 at 10:02 PM.
Mr.juarez is offline  
Old 05-28-2011, 09:31 PM
  #10717  
Tech Master
iTrader: (75)
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Orange county CA
Posts: 1,988
Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by A929ryda View Post
Ran at WCRC yesterday. It was my first time on the track. Got there late and didn't have practice time on their new layout. First race came in 5th (out of 10) did pretty good for a newbie. Second race came in 5th again but cut 2 seconds off my lap time. In the final started 6th ran 2nd in a 8 minute main until 2 min to go. Then the SCTE started getting loose. Started to crash and hit everything and truck in sight. Still ended up in 4th. After race I found two of my new tires unglued.

I was impressed by this truck great. I run 550 Novak 14mm rotor- MMP- gearing was 40/13 (13 the only mod 1 i had). I wanted to run 14 tooth.

I have alot of mods and weight reduction planned. I am glad I choose this car.

wow 13? at wcrc?? gear up 16-17 that straight sweeper is HUGE!!
Chase1472 is offline  
Old 05-28-2011, 09:34 PM
  #10718  
Tech Master
iTrader: (4)
 
larlev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Austin, Tx.
Posts: 1,534
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by crip#8 View Post
yeah i think i will go with the chris pins. more of a permenant fix
He's a good guy...put them in sooner than later to avoid any other issues.
larlev is offline  
Old 05-28-2011, 09:34 PM
  #10719  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (16)
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: So Cal
Posts: 244
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Chase1472 View Post
wow 13? at wcrc?? gear up 16-17 that straight sweeper is HUGE!!
Thanks had 17 tooth but thought it was to much gearing. I know better for next time. thanks for the advise.
A929ryda is offline  
Old 05-29-2011, 01:27 AM
  #10720  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
BmainStar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: pullin in,ca.
Posts: 1,985
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Hacker ,Thanks for the help with mine and Russ`s truck,we had a hella battle fri night for the podium!! Thanx again!!
BmainStar is offline  
Old 05-29-2011, 03:17 AM
  #10721  
Tech Master
iTrader: (13)
 
Ridley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,460
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by 10sctrel0v3r View Post
ugh wtf, 14mm rotor on backorder....seriously?!?!?
I have one I will sell. I prefer the standard rotor so I don't need it. PM me with an offer
Ridley is offline  
Old 05-29-2011, 04:29 AM
  #10722  
Tech Master
iTrader: (10)
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,010
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by NUC MO View Post
Problem with those pins are the taper on the end. There's not enough of the pin for the gear to ride square on that side. I've blown through two sets of aluminum square blocks using those.
I just don't get it. My chris pins are tapered on the end as well and guess what? I tore my diffs down again friday for a race yesterday and my aluminum squares, 3mm shims and the backs of my gears look perfect. Only wear I have had is the washers that go under the sun gears are wearing where they rub the metal insert on the diff case that the outdrives go through.

My cvd's are still perfect and only the rear outdrives show the smallest wear so far.
chiro972 is offline  
Old 05-29-2011, 07:06 AM
  #10723  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (8)
 
umm winning's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: SoCal
Posts: 988
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Mr.juarez View Post
got my new scte yesterday after horizon sent out a new batch of them this past week. "broke the diff in" as the manual said, changed the grease out and the shock oil and about half way into the pack at the track i got a really noisy rear diff. its more of a clicking than humming

would a really bad driveline cause that noise as well. my rear center driveline has a nasty wobble along with my front right as well.
Mine is just like that and i believe there are many other losi's are like that...
umm winning is offline  
Old 05-29-2011, 08:12 AM
  #10724  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (140)
 
timannnn6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,284
Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)
Default

Amain has 1 scte in stock as of this morning.
timannnn6 is offline  
Old 05-29-2011, 09:17 AM
  #10725  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (32)
 
SCTRacerX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Columbus
Posts: 653
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Mr.juarez View Post
got my new scte yesterday after horizon sent out a new batch of them this past week. "broke the diff in" as the manual said, changed the grease out and the shock oil and about half way into the pack at the track i got a really noisy rear diff. its more of a clicking than humming

would a really bad driveline cause that noise as well. my rear center driveline has a nasty wobble along with my front right as well.
I would tear into the diffs, take some pics if damaged send a copy of the pics and your purchase reciept to horizon and they will take care of you i'm sure. I have never heard of anyone having those issues right out of the box.
SCTRacerX is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.