Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 05-22-2011, 06:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chase1472 View Post
Pack the O ring/washer area with grease. It has solved that issue for me
Chase 1472, did you get the shock end parts I sent you ?Have not heard back....
Old 05-22-2011, 07:09 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by alvinsmith75 View Post
Haha, I didn't mean I wanted a pat on the back. I was referring to the center driveshaft pin issues. I mean this is the first rc ever that i have owned the the center shaft didnt last at least 12 months.
I don't know much about that issue. Ryan can probably comment more if he has heard more.
Old 05-22-2011, 07:16 PM
Tech Regular

Sorry wrong thread..
Old 05-22-2011, 07:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Briguy View Post
I finally got to run mine today and yesterday . All I can say is WOW and my DESC410r is going up for sale !
I think quite a few SC10 4x4 owners will be saying the same after a while .......
Old 05-22-2011, 07:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)

Just put about 8 packs through my scte with the HD lightened outdrives today at the track. Running the 1410 with rx8. No wear whatsoever after running all day. With the old outdrives I would see noticeable wear (mostly on the rear). So glad these finally came out. It was really the last thing for me that needed to be fixed. Also not as much wobble as the old ones either. And all my diffs stayed sealed for the day (I would have minor leakage with the center diff). Thanks Losi!!
Old 05-22-2011, 07:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BashemSmashem View Post
I think quite a few SC10 4x4 owners will be saying the same after a while .......
I'd take a sc10 before the durango.... nice looking truck iMO. With that said I'll never give up my SCTE!!! TQ today again and the SCTE had the most laps (11) of ANY vehicle racing including some pro-buggy drivers ;P though I had a bad 2nd qualifier today, well I DNF'ed LOL. I was out in 1st and my damn front tire came off LOL Needed to do a bit more maintainance (ie screw backed off) tough running three classes that way :P All good though.. had a rain out so we didn't get to the main, sadly but 2nd and 3rd today went to a hyper bump and durango.. followed by a bunch of scte's and a few sc10 4x's. Class is growing quick.. very fun.

Anyone know how to save a foam already mounted? touch of water in the holes? hmm. I baked off my bad wheel and tossed it on a new one tonight and after glueing it down I noticed the foam seems a little tight or small or the tire has stretched out some. It's not the same as the other three at any rate Not sure how that is going to feel on the track with one different.

Also anyone have a good setup for a 8ight-e or 8ight-t electric? Man I'm starting to get annoyed how much better this SCTE drives vs my other two race vehicles. I'm still nearly to the point of just pulling the trigger on a 810 and converting it and using my basic SCTE setup.. I need to figure out how to get these other two dialed the same.
Old 05-22-2011, 07:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Gearing Options?

I like to have gearing options, period.
I just recently decided to do it in plastic which are the ones on the left.
From top to bottom are 44t, 42t, 40t
Old 05-22-2011, 08:14 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 8ight-e View Post
Anyone know how to save a foam already mounted? touch of water in the holes? hmm. I baked off my bad wheel and tossed it on a new one tonight and after glueing it down I noticed the foam seems a little tight or small or the tire has stretched out some. It's not the same as the other three at any rate Not sure how that is going to feel on the track with one different.

Also anyone have a good setup for a 8ight-e or 8ight-t electric? Man I'm starting to get annoyed how much better this SCTE drives vs my other two race vehicles. I'm still nearly to the point of just pulling the trigger on a 810 and converting it and using my basic SCTE setup.. I need to figure out how to get these other two dialed the same.
I just use the acetone and bucket method which doesn't affect my foams.
I drop them in for 3-5 days and it is just as simple and easy as my ultrasonic cleaner which means I drop it in and walk away
I too have thought about how great the SCTE handles and attribute it's great handling to the footprint, it's longer and narrower which obviously is a good combination.
Although at times I think my SCTE does outshine my 8 2.0B it doesn't show in my times, I'm still faster with my 8 2.0B but it does have a completely different layout than what's available
But so does my SCTE
Old 05-22-2011, 08:25 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by KingdomRacer View Post
I drop them in for 3-5 days and it is just as simple and easy as my ultrasonic cleaner which means I drop it in and walk away
I too have thought about how great the SCTE handles and attribute it's great handling to the footprint, it's longer and narrower which obviously is a good combination.
Although at times I think my SCTE does outshine my 8 2.0B it doesn't show in my times, I'm still faster with my 8 2.0B but it does have a completely different layout than what's available
But so does my SCTE
What is the best way to tame the rear of a vehicle.. I think that is where my scte shines and I have not been able to match on my others.. the main difference.. funny enough the scte has grease packed front and center diffs :P
Old 05-22-2011, 08:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Ran truck for second race today....man it is cheating driving this truck. LOL

One thing I need you guys advice on is....seems my pinion slipped and started to groove out the motor mount. Doesn't look to bad, but now the OFNA pinion reducer is wedged on shaft. Any tips on getting back off without totally screwing up motor shaft?
It works where it is..meaning setscrew goes into hole like it should. I just want to be able to take it off the reducer if need be.
Old 05-22-2011, 09:08 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by larlev View Post

One thing I need you guys advice on is....seems my pinion slipped and started to groove out the motor mount. Doesn't look to bad, but now the OFNA pinion reducer is wedged on shaft. Any tips on getting back off without totally screwing up motor shaft?
It works where it is..meaning setscrew goes into hole like it should. I just want to be able to take it off the reducer if need be.
I took mine off the other day with the claw part of my hammer, very slowly and on parts like these that are sooo tight always put anti-seize when installing
Old 05-22-2011, 09:26 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by larlev View Post

I took mine off the other day with the claw part of my hammer, very slowly and on parts like these that are sooo tight always put anti-seize when installing
That happened to me the other week.. I have plyers w/ a angle on the end.. I wedged in between and slowly pushed up using the angle against the motor.
Old 05-22-2011, 09:33 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 8ight-e View Post

Acetone will 100% effect the foams pending the brand, AKA is a BIG NO NO, they Will Shrink and become hard and unusable. Some Foams will take it but Lots Wont. As far as baking Again AKA is a No no, You literally bake the oils from the foams and are junk after.

If your not concerned about the foam, Soak Away, If your trying to save the foam and rim but not the tire. Cut the foam out and soak the rest. If your trying to save the Tire, Rim, and Foam, Float the tire off the acetone and Inch or so, Let the fumes do their thing and a couple days later you can peel that Side off and remove the foam and Soak to remove the rest.
Old 05-22-2011, 10:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Hey Saladfork, the viper motor your running in your ae 4x, when are those coming out to the public and by chance did you find out what kv's there will be?
Old 05-22-2011, 10:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cult Racing View Post
Hey Saladfork, the viper motor your running in your ae 4x, when are those coming out to the public and by chance did you find out what kv's there will be?
They just did a press release on Facebook this is what it said. And I have not checked on the KV, I will add that to my to-do list for Monday, sorry homie.

Viper R/C Solutions enters the 550 motor game with the all new VST 4.5XL and 5.5XL 550 class motors. The VST-XL series coupled with the powerful VTX10R esc makes an optimum setup for your 4x4 short course.

The VST-XL series have been in testing and development stages for many months with top level drivers such as Billy Fischer. Billy's power systems have been both extremely powerful and reliable even under the toughest racing conditions at the Silverstate and Cactus Classic.

The first shipment is expected to arrive in mid-June, 2011. Please check major on line stores and your LHS for pre-order!!
http://www.facebook.com/notes/viper-...50054928398396

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.