Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 05-19-2011, 10:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by hacker07 View Post
The only shims I know of that are available seperately are from kyosho.
thanks for helping on the search, ryan, I'll have to look for them.
Old 05-19-2011, 10:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper View Post
It is the TEN-SCTE I mess that up all the time as well! I know I am biased but I truely believe the SCTE is the best 4X4 on the market right now. Easiest to drive fast and consistant. The other trucks on the market right now can all go fast but they all look harder to drive to me.

Since droop is a little hard to meaure directly without the right tools, the droop is usualy conveyed on the setup sheets through shock length which is usually measured using the centers of the mounting screws so it can be measured on the car easier. Something you can do with a simple pair of calipers or a small ruler/scale.
Ah...I must be calling it wrong then. What are those little screws that go down into the chassis from the arms..Chassis stop screws? How do you determine how in or out those should be?
Old 05-19-2011, 10:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by larlev View Post
Ah...I must be calling it wrong then. What are those little screws that go down into the chassis from the arms..Chassis stop screws? How do you determine how in or out those should be?
Those are droop screws...

use a caliper to measure, put one end of the caliper into the bottom shock screw, then line the top end of the caliper up with the center of the shock tower mount screw... set your hight to your needs.. I like 89mm front and 101mm rear, I find this works best.

Consider doing the losi 8ight droop pad mod as well (should be referenced on the front page) <---- Awesome mod.
Old 05-19-2011, 10:19 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 8ight-e View Post
16t is great on large outdoor tracks,, 14t for medium tracks and 12t for small tight tracks.

As the others noted Novak is for sensored only.. Most are running MMp, MM, MMM's or the Rx8 with the 3800.. they all work great, keep in mind the MMp on low voltage setups is very VERY picky with what servo's will work w/o issues, I always tell everyone to just get the hitec 985mg tis one of the best servo's around for the money and performance. If you have issues w/ the MMp just bypass and run a direct plug from your 2s lipo (only works on 2s lipo setups) into your Rx and disable onboard BEC (pull center wire from esc, or use an extension and cut the center on it).
You mention something I was curious about also. If I run the 1415...should I also change gearing dependent upon tracks? Say 20t for outdoor, and 18-19t for indoor since top speed isn't as important?

Or is the 1415 better all around on 20t only?

I have found the $5 spektrum cap spm1600 works great with no issues if using MMP with savox servo's. I have had zero glitching since installing using 2s. I do run spektrum radio
Old 05-19-2011, 10:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Old 05-19-2011, 10:33 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 8ight-e View Post
Those are droop screws...

use a caliper to measure, put one end of the caliper into the bottom shock screw, then line the top end of the caliper up with the center of the shock tower mount screw... set your hight to your needs.. I like 89mm front and 101mm rear, I find this works best.

Consider doing the losi 8ight droop pad mod as well (should be referenced on the front page) <---- Awesome mod.
OK...dumb question. These are measured with truck on droop blocks, and wheels/tires off......correct?

Here's the issue I have. I measure the shocks center to center and get them same...then I go back and measure the blue area of shock from adjusting collar to cap and it is a very different measurement. If the shocks are the same length shouldn't this area be the same?

I messed with droop screws but measurement doesn't change when screwing in or out. Bear with me here, want to understand and get this right.
Old 05-19-2011, 10:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ridley View Post
Geez, do you live next door to HH? Mine shipped yesterday, hopefully they are here tomorrow before I leave for the weekend for round one of the state series.

Did you happen to get a weight comparison between those and the stockers?
Not quite , about 70 miles away .... Didnt weigh the centers but the F/R stockers are 7.1 grams and the HD lightened drives are 4.9 grams .
Old 05-19-2011, 10:34 AM
SEF
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Default Great bashing vid

Not my vid, but thought I would post it. One of the best SCTE vids I've seen.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 05-19-2011, 10:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

OK...dumb question. These are measured with truck on droop blocks, and wheels/tires off......correct?

Here's the issue I have. I measure the shocks center to center and get them same...then I go back and measure the blue area of shock from adjusting collar to cap and it is a very different measurement. If the shocks are the same length shouldn't this area be the same?

I messed with droop screws but measurement doesn't change when screwing in or out. Bear with me here, want to understand and get this right.
The collar to cap distance is what you use to make ride height adjustments. That distance should be the same between the two. This is seperate from droop. Droop is ow far the arms fall at full rebound. ride height is exactly that, the distance the vehicle is off the ground after dropping it from 18 or so inches.
Old 05-19-2011, 10:41 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Ok if you do the chassis mod to put the chassis drop screws in you screw those all the way in flush with the chassis. You adjust the droop using the set screws in the arms. The further in the set screw is on the arm the less droop you will get. These set screws hitting the chassis or the droop screws will limit how far the arms go down. Does this make sense at all?

Droop and ride height are two very different things.

Measureing the over all length of each shock will determine how much droop you have or how long each shock can extend.

The shock collor measurement determines the spring preload and this determins the ride hieght of the truck. The lower the collars the higher the truck sits. The higher the collars lower the truck sits. These are two independent settings. (for the most part).
Old 05-19-2011, 10:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Originally Posted by BashemSmashem View Post
Not quite , about 70 miles away .... Didnt weigh the centers but the F/R stockers are 7.1 grams and the HD lightened drives are 4.9 grams .
Hehe I work 5 mins away from HH.
Old 05-19-2011, 10:46 AM
Tech Master

Wow...just got tag teamed on that one....LOL

I understand it now....thanks to all of you.
Old 05-19-2011, 10:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BashemSmashem View Post
How much of a difference will the new HD lightened drives make over stock. I ordered them and I am going to try them out just curious what I can expect
Old 05-19-2011, 11:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SEF View Post

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
HAHA poor truck. Actually that is a great vid to use a s a sales pitch to bashers. It IS a very durable truck! We as racers already know it hauls butt and handles like a dream.
Old 05-19-2011, 11:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SEF View Post

+ YouTube Video
That was a pretty cool vid, it almost makes me miss bashing my old Slash 4x4. I've gotten so addicted to racing my cars/trucks on the track, that sometimes you forget how much fun just bashing around can be. Afterall, that's pretty much what got most of us into the hobby in the first place

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.