Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2011, 11:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SaladFork
+1

I bought an extra set just incase. Also got the hinge pins for the 810, nice stuff!!
+1 Just got my hingepins yesterday and I'm glad I ordered 2 sets but missed the sale that started yesterday since I ordered last week.
Had to get a set with the collars and a set with e-clips just in case one is better than the other.
Everything looks top notch, "Attaboy" Chris!
Old 05-17-2011, 12:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Briguy
Who said the new pins are not any good ? Just because someone else makes a stronger part does not mean the new pins are junk. There will always be newer , better , or stronger parts coming out .

If you can`t buy Chris`s pins you can buy the ofna pins mentioned on the first post of this thread or contact Horizon for replacements .
...I ..DID!
I have 1.5 race days and one practice day on my new horizon pins. The rear gears started to grind ,so I had to pull apart the diff,and guess what the new pins are showing wear after 1 week?It that looks like the OG front and center ones I had taken off...After 1 week! Now that said,I had alot of wear on my OG rear set before I changed to the HH pins.The old pins could have damaged the gears and the new pins took a hit from them gears? Dunno!I run my cars hard at the track alot, so this to me is not that big of a deal IF PARTS ARE AVAILABLE!
But they are not,,,, sooo. now What??????

Last edited by BmainStar; 05-17-2011 at 12:15 PM. Reason: cuzz my dirt coverd truck is a shelf queen!
Old 05-17-2011, 12:06 PM
Suspended

what kind of shock oil are you guys running in the stock shocks, my track has big jumps and dont know what will work best with the losi, i have my traxxas dialed in but need to know what is best for the losi, thankyou
Old 05-17-2011, 12:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcman45
has anyone ever posted pics of the diff pins in side there diffs. during disasembly? i tried the search put didnt see anything. can someone post the link or page and thread # if any? thankyou
http://www.rcsoup.com/2011/05/losi-t...l-pin-upgrade/
Old 05-17-2011, 12:37 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Just now im replacing my diff pins with "chrispins"
The pins losi sent me (1st updated version) had a little wear but nuthin to write home (or HH) about.

My issue is with the play in the outdrives, tgis serms to be cooking my bearings.
Also my front diff is the only one that the bearings still fit snug on. The others are a tad loose and causing the diff to wobble.

Also if someone from losi can confirm that diff cases are in stock?
My lhs ordered a few for me showing the 22nd as the delivery date, should i expect them in?

Thanks!
Old 05-17-2011, 12:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lon_L
Heh, we sound a lot alike. I have been in this hobby since the 80s, and yes I owned the original gold pan RC10, as well as the awesome Losi when it came out. I also have one of the best wives a person can have. She continues to work so I can spend way too much money and have fun. "I Luv you babe "

So she goes off to work and I go off to the trailer I keep at my local track. There I tinker and build kits to try and find that "perfect kit" holy grail.
You lucky dog...My wife watches every dime I spend on this "ridiculous" hobby...She would kill me if she only knew how much I have invested in my toys.

Just got back from the track after testing out both my Losi 4x4s and had a blast. One is Castle and the other is Tekin but both are fun
Old 05-17-2011, 01:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

You guys have any tips on making sure shocks are same length. I have a set of calipers, but still having trouble. Can I measure the shock collar to cap space and feel confident that it is close. In other words the "blue" area showing?

Sorry newbie question....
Old 05-17-2011, 01:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Casper, Hacker......

Why are the adjustment inserts for the aluminum hingepin holders not available separately yet? They are not exactly lifetime durable, they get pounded out from time to time.....we need them. Really don't want to buy a set of hingepin holders for 4$ of inserts. Well, thats if the hingepin holders were even available. I could really use 6 of the "0" offset inserts
Old 05-17-2011, 01:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by larlev
You guys have any tips on making sure shocks are same length. I have a set of calipers, but still having trouble. Can I measure the shock collar to cap space and feel confident that it is close. In other words the "blue" area showing?

Sorry newbie question....
You normally use that area to make sure the ride height and spring rate are equal between both shocks. You should really measure the shocks from center of top mount hole and center of bottom mount hole for shock length. A little hard to get them exatly perfect but as close as you can. hope that helps. And don't worry man, we were all noobs at one time.
Old 05-17-2011, 01:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shadowracer24
You normally use that area to make sure the ride height and spring rate are equal between both shocks. You should really measure the shocks from center of top mount hole and center of bottom mount hole for shock length. A little hard to get them exatly perfect but as close as you can. hope that helps. And don't worry man, we were all noobs at one time.
then you got the rebound for the two the same ?:@P
Old 05-17-2011, 02:08 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by shadowracer24
I assume that is best done with shocks off of truck or at least one end free? When I see 85mm that is center to center...correct?

I hate not knowing some of this stuff....but damn this truck is so much fun I can't stop messing around with everything....LOL
Old 05-17-2011, 02:10 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BDRMBULLY
then you got the rebound for the two the same ?:@P
Rebound? OK, I'm confused by your comment.
Old 05-17-2011, 02:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Rebound is slightly over filling the shocks so with no spring the shock shaft returns a percentage of fully extended.

So if your shocks when compressed return to 50% extended, you have 50% rebound.

Personally I'm not a fan of rebound as it's too inconsistent for me. I try to always build my shocks with little to none.
Old 05-17-2011, 02:27 PM
Tech Master

Learn good stuff everyday....thanks

What springs are you running now, and weight oil?
Old 05-17-2011, 02:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Stock shocks/springs right now and 30wt Losi oil all around.

I have a set of Losi 8ight shocks sitting around, I'm going to give those a shot just to see if it's any better. Not sure what springs, probably silver/green.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.