Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 08:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rooster88 View Post
Another question on the Tekin 2650kv motor....is that ROAR legal for these trucks?
No .
Old 05-16-2011, 08:53 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by pword View Post
i still get to 180F on my motor after 6-7 mins running my SCTE with tekin rx8/4.5T combo. ESC is fine at 90-105F. using thunder power 5300mah 65C. current limiter is set to 80. no timing no drag brake. currently running 15T pinion. need advise should i gear up or down a tooth? my guess it gear up to 16T. thoughts?
I'm running the Tekin SC4x 4.5T and RX8 geared at 14/40. My timing is at 10, my drag brakes are at 10, brake strength is at 90 and my current limiter is at 85%. I'm coming off the track after a 5 minute run at: Motor 155 degress, ESC 110 and battery is about 100. I tried 15T and my temps were much higher, so I dropped to a 14T. Have you changed your diffs from the stock grease to actual diff oil? I found that the grease adds a little bit of resistance. Also, on your pinion screw, I discoverd after someone mentioned it here that the pinion screw hits the center diff brace and that could potentially cause some pressure on your motor as well. Just my .02.

Last edited by FangsCPO; 05-16-2011 at 09:08 AM.
Old 05-16-2011, 08:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FangsCPO View Post
I'm running the Tekin SC4x 4.5T and RX8 geared at 14/40. My timing is at 10, my drag brakes are at 10, brake strength is at 90 and my current limiter is at 85%. I'm coming off the track after a 5 minute run at: Motor 155 degress, ESC 110 and battery is about 100. I tried 15T and my temps were much higher, so I dropped to a 14T. Have you changed your diffs from the stock grease to actual diff oil? I found that the grease adds a little bit of resistance. Also, on your pinion, I discoverd after someone mentioned it here that the pinion screw hits the center diff brace and that could potentially cause some pressure on your motor as well. Just my .02.
i will try later to gear down and see how it goes. yes, im running diff oils. thanks!
Old 05-16-2011, 09:03 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ryan, can you list the changes that were made to the revised SCTE? From what I can see:

New diff pins
Thicker center driveline shaft
Updated rear bumper

Anything else?
Old 05-16-2011, 09:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rooster88 View Post
Another question on the Tekin 2650kv motor....is that ROAR legal for these trucks?
No it's not legal
Old 05-16-2011, 09:10 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by snowboardgeek1 View Post
Ryan, can you list the changes that were made to the revised SCTE? From what I can see:

New diff pins
Updated rear bumper

Anything else?
Rear arms were beefed up as well.
Old 05-16-2011, 09:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BmainStar View Post
So what are the thoughts on the diffs in the scte? Are spider gears and suns just an wear item? And again my new rear pins from HH are showing premature wear...Love this truck but replacing complete diffs every three months is gonna get expensive!!!
right now i'm going on ignorance is bliss... I had no wear when I got this truck, I put chris pins in before I ever used it. I have not taken the diffs apart yet.. and unless they feel like they need to be touched I plan on leaving them alone until the lightened outdrives are in. I'm also still waiting for some stock grease to become available (HINT HINT) as well for my front and center diff's. I like the grease better than oils, the truck feels great this way (run 2k oil in rear).
Old 05-16-2011, 09:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Sunday race report......
.........My Losi is still not only undefeated but untouchable!
8th scale spring adapters by Attebery work awesome. Stiffened the truck just enough to support the 8th scale power system. Freeing up the rear arms reall made the truck SUPER consistent. For those who sleep, eat, and breathe, sensored motors check out my lap times. Unsensored IS consistent when set up properly!

Also. I was pretty burnt out on all of yalls Charlie Sheen refrences but I cant help this one
Yesterday I was BI WINNING! Shortcourse and Ebuggy expert!

Old 05-16-2011, 09:46 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by BashemSmashem View Post
I had 2 different Havoc Pro SC ESC's do exactly the same thing , eventually all it will do is run the fan and no lights will light up , I dont run them anymore When they work they are great , when they work that is
Did you just give up on them or did you ever figure out the problem? I called tech today and they are sending me a switch to see if that's the issue. If not then I will have to send it all in and let them check it out. I like my Novak stuff so I am hopeful we can get it squared away.
Old 05-16-2011, 10:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by snowboardgeek1 View Post

New diff pins
Updated rear bumper

Anything else?
The latest shipment will only have the updated diff pins. All of these updates are running changes so as old stock runs out, new stock will be added in. The updates are all just changes asked for, nothing too major, just minor imporvements.

New diff pins (only thing reall necessary and only thing HH will replace)
Thicker center f/r driveshafts
updated rear bumper (2x, so will come in stages)
updated rear arms

...and we are working on a new gear mold for the diffs. The existing gears work great, but the mold died, again. So, we are using the most updated software to make completely new gears with a new vendor for the diffs. Please dont ask me a ton of questions and dont call customer support on these new gears, still working on these.

Originally Posted by 8ight-e View Post
right now i'm going on ignorance is bliss... I had no wear when I got this truck, I put chris pins in before I ever used it. I have not taken the diffs apart yet.. and unless they feel like they need to be touched I plan on leaving them alone until the lightened outdrives are in. I'm also still waiting for some stock grease to become available (HINT HINT) as well for my front and center diff's. I like the grease better than oils, the truck feels great this way (run 2k oil in rear).
Yeah, I'm still working on getting a tube of some sort for the grease...lol.
Old 05-16-2011, 10:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SCTRacerX View Post
What's up with the sc10 4x4 getting sticky'd on the Electric off road thread? They have to keep getting new threads because too many people are getting mad over the SC10 4x4? That's like the 4th time they have got a new thread for that thing. Just saying must be nice to get sticky'd. Owell we in here know whats up lol. Anyone got feedback from racing this weekend? Im excited I have had to work every weekend for 3 months and now I might have every weekend for the entire summer off so I can finally get back into getting to the track. Not racing and working SUCKS!!!!
Our indoor track was Losi 1,2,3....AE guys broke or were left in the dust. The Losi 8ight shocks is my next upgrade. Winning truck looks great over rough stuff.

Here's a link....damn good driver.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FANXuF1ludI
Old 05-16-2011, 10:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BmainStar View Post
7.5 ? in yer 2-whl? DAng I could barely drive mine wit a 10.5 LOL Mkay.. so i will run a 6.5 in the 22 for practice then Hmm R/C racing guns and adult bevs mixed wit bbq rattle snake? I love it!!!!Dang got the SCTE in pieces and the the back up truck needs parts so does the 22 ..3- r/c CARS torn apart at once is a little overwhelming LOL
LOL....I run a 6.5 in my xxx-sct. Ya, it's fast, but actually quite good on the track.
Old 05-16-2011, 10:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)
Default Sale on Ti Hinge Pins and 8ight Spring Adapter sets:

Hey guys,

I'm running a sale on the Ti Hinge Pins and 8ight Spring Adapter sets. If you are interested please see my threads:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...10-trucks.html

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...-pin-sets.html

Thanks,

Chris
Old 05-16-2011, 10:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by larlev View Post
Our indoor track was Losi 1,2,3....AE guys broke or were left in the dust. The Losi 8ight shocks is my next upgrade. Winning truck looks great over rough stuff.

Here's a link....damn good driver.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FANXuF1ludI
awesome race man!! i dunno if the leader sped that other guy up or if the other guy made the leader drive at his level lol good stuff there ?:@)
Old 05-16-2011, 11:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fastpineapple View Post
Hey guys just got the proline flo-tek body for my scte and it has the dimples marked for the truck allready. The front is marked wrong you will actually drill the front body mount holes in the spot marked for the sc10 (second back from the front of the truck) and not the third mark. Just letting someone know before they just go drill the post holes. Luckily I eyeballed it before i did mine. This body is sweet looking.
That's good info, SaladFork hopefully will include it into the first page post since it's probably going to be a pretty popular body. Any pics?

I went and bought a CC 1410 3800kv motor based on all the feedback from this thread. I only raced my Eight-E yesterday, because I was working on my truck. So I didn't get track time on it. But OCRC has a little practice track in the back and I have to say, this little motor RIPS!!!! I can't wait to run it in a race to really give it a thorough test. Ran a full 4500mah 3s pack geared 13T (largest mod 1 pinion I had access to with a 3mm shaft) and stock 40T spur, came off the track temped 150 motor, 138esc and 110 battery. Again, that WAS on 3s. Geared higher and on 2s, I'm guessing this thing wont get above 140-145 tops. Very impressed with it in the short time I had to try it out.

Ryan also stopped by the track and I was talking to some people, when I came back, sitting on top of my pit was a brand new updated bumper set!! Thanks so much Ryan, I really appreciate it The new bumper updates really look beefy! I know, I thanked you in person, but thanks again, that was really cool of you.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.