Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 04:37 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by BashemSmashem View Post
I had 2 different Havoc Pro SC ESC's do exactly the same thing , eventually all it will do is run the fan and no lights will light up , I dont run them anymore When they work they are great , when they work that is
had same problem with mine, boy alot of people with issues two guys at my track had these issues also, maybe i should go back to my vxl setup, never in 2 years have i had a issue with the traxxas system.
Old 05-16-2011, 04:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 10sctrel0v3r View Post
which novak motor is that? didnt know that mmp would run with sensored? motor
Clearly from the pic that is a sensored ESC.
Old 05-16-2011, 05:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by razorburn View Post
Anyone know why these trucks keep getting pushed back on there shipping date ? I pre paid a month ago and the date seams to get futher away ?
what dates have you been given now buddy

are they still saying 12th of June ? or is it later now ?

trying to get my hands on 1 in Australia but no good at all none anywhere
Old 05-16-2011, 06:21 AM
Suspended

my driveshafts bent after 3 battery runs with no crashing or bashing yet, i see why being that they are so thin. i know this trucks wieght is like a brick but couldnt losi take the weight from somewhere else? what is the after market part for this? any posted links will help, thankyou
Old 05-16-2011, 06:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Doug D View Post
Nah, its fine without the aluminum sleeve, we have found that they tend to run a little cooler without the sleeve on.

Thanks, the chassis has been milled so the battery sits 1.5mm into the chassis and is positioned back and as close to the centerline as possible. I also added the 2mm graphite spine to stiffen the chassis.

Novak 4.5 550 w/ 14mm rotor. Combined with the MMP its absolutely dialed with a ton of adjustability, I know some hate the MMP, but you really can't go wrong with this combo...
is this the high-torque version or you just replaced the rotor? have you run the regular 550 4.5 and how do you compare the power and temp?
Old 05-16-2011, 06:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default temp issue

i still get to 180F on my motor after 6-7 mins running my SCTE with tekin rx8/4.5T combo. ESC is fine at 90-105F. using thunder power 5300mah 65C. current limiter is set to 80. no timing no drag brake. currently running 15T pinion. need advise should i gear up or down a tooth? my guess it gear up to 16T. thoughts?
Old 05-16-2011, 06:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pword View Post
i still get to 180F on my motor after 6-7 mins running my SCTE with tekin rx8/4.5T combo. ESC is fine at 90-105F. using thunder power 5300mah 65C. current limiter is set to 80. no timing no drag brake. currently running 15T pinion. need advise should i gear up or down a tooth? my guess it gear up to 16T. thoughts?
I'd gear down, I run that exact combo, current limiter 70, 13t after 10 minute main it is 185.

I ran 15t and it was 220 after 5 minutes.
Old 05-16-2011, 07:02 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SaladFork View Post
SC10 build in 15 minutes! Could have done it in about 13 minutes 22 seconds but Rage kept buzzing me with the Heli during the build.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Damn you hands are fast!
Old 05-16-2011, 07:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by b121774 View Post
I'd gear down, I run that exact combo, current limiter 70, 13t after 10 minute main it is 185.

I ran 15t and it was 220 after 5 minutes.
Once a motor hits 190-200 range it's done... you need a new rotor period. The magnet has demagnitized and now it will heat up even faster from now on.

PS go w/ the castle 1410
Old 05-16-2011, 07:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 8ight-e View Post
Once a motor hits 190-200 range it's done... you need a new rotor period. The magnet has demagnitized and now it will heat up even faster from now on.

PS go w/ the castle 1410
Well I still tqd and won with it after the fact so until it completely stops, its staying in.
Old 05-16-2011, 07:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DBL15 View Post
what dates have you been given now buddy

are they still saying 12th of June ? or is it later now ?

trying to get my hands on 1 in Australia but no good at all none anywhere
I have posted updates on new trucks a few times. But here is the latest...due to the diff pin issues, there was a pause in putting trucks together. We have a small batch on the water now, then another the end of this month, and then another a couple weeks later which should catch up all of the back orders and give us stock in the warehouses. Please keep in mind, the date on HH.com is the date when we expect our warehouse to have stock. What I mean by this is that all the back orders have been filled and we have some sitting there. So, if we have lets say 1000 BO's and we get 500 in now, and 499 in in two weeks, but at the end of June we get 600 more in, then by doing the math, the system would show the end of June, even though a bunch already came in and shipped.

Originally Posted by traxxasgal View Post
my driveshafts bent after 3 battery runs with no crashing or bashing yet, i see why being that they are so thin. i know this trucks wieght is like a brick but couldnt losi take the weight from somewhere else? what is the after market part for this? any posted links will help, thankyou
The driveshafts hold up great in this truck. If you are referring to the rear center one, it can slightly bow but I have never had a problem with it. We have however gone to a slightly larger diameter going forward. This is for the center driveline.

PS go w/ the castle 1410
Well, this is and is not the case. Some manufacturers use better magnets than others so these ranges are a good guideline, but not always the same. I have had some motors still work fine after hitting this range but I dont even try to get close to that range any longer. I try not to go over 165-170 as this is a safe place to be with any motor these days.
Old 05-16-2011, 08:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Only 8t rear diff's have issues and the 'real' problem most of the time is people not shimming them correctly. I went through several before understanding this. This is not a 'set it' and forget it item in the truggy. The buggies on the other hand pretty much are, I've never lost a diff in the 8ight or 8ight-e and never had to shim or adjust anything.
So what are the thoughts on the diffs in the scte? Are spider gears and suns just an wear item? And again my new rear pins from HH are showing premature wear...Love this truck but replacing complete diffs every three months is gonna get expensive!!!
Old 05-16-2011, 08:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by russp View Post
I'm gonna try to get there early so I can do some Snake hunting. Joey and Lance want to try somm bbq'd snake so I'm gonna try to find some good rattlers to cook up! Oh and were takoin the potato cannon out of retirement for this weekend too!
Oh put the 7.5 back in my mod 2 wheel losi
7.5 ? in yer 2-whl? DAng I could barely drive mine wit a 10.5 LOL Mkay.. so i will run a 6.5 in the 22 for practice then Hmm R/C racing guns and adult bevs mixed wit bbq rattle snake? I love it!!!!Dang got the SCTE in pieces and the the back up truck needs parts so does the 22 ..3- r/c CARS torn apart at once is a little overwhelming LOL
Old 05-16-2011, 08:28 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by russp View Post
That suks bout your diff. I know you ran the crap out of it for a while. My front toasted last night, and jus as I was about to hand casper his @ss in the main.....lol(well that was the dream I had). Was good to meet him and watch him run last night, that guy can drive!
Get ready Riv, bash fest next weekend in temecula!
It was nice meeting you as well. Sorry your front diff went out. It ended up being the Jake and Casper show in the main!

Originally Posted by BmainStar View Post
Ya looks like the Losi super truck is gonna be down for a bit That will give me time to do up the (22)..and the Slasher is gonna get the tune up this week and be ready for this weekends R/C party and race fest!!!Casper @ Peg? Dang would have been there if I had a truck to run LOL Hope parts come in soon!!!!
Yeah I made a rare apperance at Peg. Keith was showing up with his son so I thought it would be fun to race with them. Wife is out of town as well so nothing keeping me at home right now either helps!
Old 05-16-2011, 08:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Another question on the Tekin 2650kv motor....is that ROAR legal for these trucks?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.