Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 05-13-2011, 02:05 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker07 View Post
I personally recommend removing them as well.
Wont this increase wear on the shaft since its exposed to the elements and with the shocks moving up and down, won't dirt eventually get inside and mess something up?
Old 05-13-2011, 02:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by snowboardgeek1 View Post
Wont this increase wear on the shaft since its exposed to the elements and with the shocks moving up and down, won't dirt eventually get inside and mess something up?
Yes it will but when you race you change shock fluid pretty regularly as well as rebuild them .
Old 05-13-2011, 02:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nekkard View Post
I have the 2400 and have been considering switching to the 3800. I'm curious as to how you determined your 2400 had too much drag? I have zero drag break as well but from what I understand these motors just have lots of drag due to the magnets. So the 2400 had too much drag and you got Castle to replace it? How do I tell if my motor has too much drag?
Real talk! How in the hell did you get them to send you the 3800??? hell if that's the case I'm calling them today!
Old 05-13-2011, 02:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 8ight-e View Post
runs fine with the right servo.... No busters or bypasses neded. Hitec 985mg is awesome, great specs, good price and nothing neded.
What good is a TX with superfast latency if you can't run a digital servo?

I personally think they are absolute garbage, but I was trying to be nice....

POS wont even run in my 2wd anymore without a glitchbuster. Can't wait till it burns up like all castle esc's eventually will so I can sell the replacement and buy something decent....
Old 05-13-2011, 02:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I have found that you do have to change your oil out a bit more often. Please keep in mind, I mostly run on indoor clay tracks. I would consider keeping them on if I ran outdoor (after soaking them in oil for a few days).
Old 05-13-2011, 02:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

HELP! anyone know where I can get the bottom cup for the shocks that holds the spring. Mine went MIA after a heat race. Every online store is out of them. Is their a alternative that works?

thanks
Old 05-13-2011, 02:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ridley View Post
What good is a TX with superfast latency if you can't run a digital servo?

I personally think they are absolute garbage, but I was trying to be nice....

POS wont even run in my 2wd anymore without a glitchbuster. Can't wait till it burns up like all castle esc's eventually will so I can sell the replacement and buy something decent....
You tell'em Rid!! Everyone know how I feel about the MMP's so I don't need to mention anything.
Old 05-13-2011, 02:30 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Chase1472 View Post
HELP! anyone know where I can get the bottom cup for the shocks that holds the spring. Mine went MIA after a heat race. Every online store is out of them. Is their a alternative that works?

thanks
Hey Chase I have a complete bag of the shock plastics parts PM me and I will send you one or if you feel like driving up and need it Now.. I will be racing at Pegasus in Montclair tonight !!
Old 05-13-2011, 02:32 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by SaladFork View Post
You tell'em Rid!! Everyone know how I feel about the MMP's so I don't need to mention anything.

You guys Kill Meee.
Old 05-13-2011, 02:32 PM
Tech Rookie

you know nitrohouse has them in stock and they are in irvine
Old 05-13-2011, 02:36 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by brianl068 View Post
you know nitrohouse has them in stock and they are in irvine
Nice 1st post
Old 05-13-2011, 02:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

I ran the Ten-T Shocks on my Slash 4x4 and pitched the rubber boots after they tore up and just ran Shock Sox over them, even after 3-4 months of racing the fluid only had a slight bit of clay in it...
Old 05-13-2011, 02:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DoogieLee View Post
I ran the Ten-T Shocks on my Slash 4x4 and pitched the rubber boots after they tore up and just ran Shock Sox over them, even after 3-4 months of racing the fluid only had a slight bit of clay in it...
Just so you guys know, Doogie is now the proud owner of a losi SCTe and will get smacked around for blasfeming and talking about a slash..
Old 05-13-2011, 02:50 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chase1472 View Post

thanks
I know this is not much help after the fact but if you put the shocks on the truck the correct way this becomes impossible to loose the lower shock cup. Since there is an index key on the eyelets if you have the slot pointing outboard on the truck when you install the shock onto the arm the cups can only go down and into the arm and will not come off. This is a common feature from the 8ight to keep the spring cups in place for long gas mains.

If you cannot find any in stock at an online shop then they are scheduled to be back in stock at Horizon at the end of next week.
Old 05-13-2011, 03:14 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Casper View Post
I know this is not much help after the fact but if you put the shocks on the truck the correct way this becomes impossible to loose the lower shock cup. Since there is an index key on the eyelets if you have the slot pointing outboard on the truck when you install the shock onto the arm the cups can only go down and into the arm and will not come off. This is a common feature from the 8ight to keep the spring cups in place for long gas mains.

If you cannot find any in stock at an online shop then they are scheduled to be back in stock at Horizon at the end of next week.
Casper, would you mind posting a pic? Just so we know that we're installing them correctly.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.