Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 05-09-2011, 07:39 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by SaladFork View Post
You will smoke that motor and ESC, no pinion is small enough. The weight jump from a Slash to a Losi is too significant for that setup. While it works in the Slash, it doesn't work as well as it could in 2wd. So in the Losi it's game over for that setup.

You can try it if you don't believe me, but have your CC ready to order a new ESC and motor. My advise... Let the truck sit until you get the right setup, you will be scratching your head trying to get it to work. Plus save your motor and ESC.
i dont think it will be that bad, were talking only .27 kg !! how much is this in pounds? anybody else want to voice a pinion here
Old 05-09-2011, 07:40 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 8ight-e View Post
The integy carbon towers have a full extra row lower than the stock top shock mount holes.. TONS of options :P
Got a link to where you bought the towers?
Old 05-09-2011, 07:48 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by BmainStar View Post
Yup was trying to put the one from my Slash in the Losi but stripped a motor screw at the track so the 5.5 stayed put.I drove russp`s car with the 3800 and it blew me away just like everyone else here, has been sayin.I couldnt believe it!! So I wanted to go 4-pole as well but jus didnt happen on Sat.Truck ran sic any way wit the 5.5!!!!!:We did have quite the lap for lap battle during the mains tho!!!I Think he won...Not sure LOL
U know big daddy Russp. Won that! Lol
Ya I'm lovin that 3800 motor fer sure, I'm strugglin for run time right now, bit I ordered some new batterys, my others were over a year old soooo....
Anyways finally had a full weekend with my losi and I love it!
Old 05-09-2011, 08:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by russp View Post
Ya I'm lovin that 3800 motor fer sure, I'm strugglin for run time right now, bit I ordered some new batterys, my others were over a year old soooo....
so what kind of run times are you getting with 1410 motor and what esc?

i have 5000 Mah at home but not sure if they will make a 10 minute main on a small track ?
Old 05-09-2011, 08:07 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by per4m28 View Post
gotcha...i was more worried about the threads failing.
There is a similar issue with the caps on the losi 22. Threads are machined too loose to the shock body threads and a couple oil changes in stripped out.
Old 05-09-2011, 08:11 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rcman45 View Post
i dont think it will be that bad, were talking only .27 kg !! how much is this in pounds? anybody else want to voice a pinion here
FYI i race against 1 with the combo your talking about every week

15 second lap times on a small indoor track here cooked the esc two weeks ago and has to run 2 fans on his motor to keep temps livable

so yes its doable to a degree but why not get the 1410 motor of ebay for $60 and a MMP or RX8 and be safe ? these trucks are a tank and require 1st class electronics IMO

oh yeh the VXL motor is working that hard a 5800 mah pack only lasts 11 minutes tops

food for thought
Old 05-09-2011, 08:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 165 (100%+)

You've been given good advice that you apparently want to ignore.

We love to hear about people smoking their motors/ESCS when they use an inappropriate setup. [sarcasm]

So go for it and then share your sorrow here. [more sarcasm]
Old 05-09-2011, 08:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SC_RAGE View Post
There is a similar issue with the caps on the losi 22. Threads are machined too loose to the shock body threads and a couple oil changes in stripped out.
The 22 caps have had issues. The aluminum caps for the TEN are made elsewhere so the issue is not the same. If someone got a bad one, then a quick call to customer service will take care of it. I havent heard of any issues with the aluminum caps, although many asked for holes in them, so the next batch will have the bleader holes.

You all keep asking, I keep updating...love the feedback.
Old 05-09-2011, 08:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker07 View Post
The 22 caps have had issues. The aluminum caps for the TEN are made elsewhere so the issue is not the same. If someone got a bad one, then a quick call to customer service will take care of it. I havent heard of any issues with the aluminum caps, although many asked for holes in them, so the next batch will have the bleader holes.

You all keep asking, I keep updating...love the feedback.
Nice to know companies are listening to the user end. Hacker07 is there a time frame when those will be back in stock? also the rear hubs?
Old 05-09-2011, 08:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by russp View Post
See that is good karma for me!! Had I not sent you some gears a Losi might not have won the main. WTG Russ!!!
Old 05-09-2011, 09:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by larlev View Post
Now that I have had the pleasure of actually racing...wanted to ask MMP/1415/ on 2s settings. I have everything defaulted except for 20% Punch control.

Should I change anything to maximize the motor and trucks potential?

Is the torque limit setting worth messing with? Does messing with throttle curve help or is it personal preference?

You guys explain things better than the maunal does.
The torque setting is designed to help spinouts and works pretty good in limiting torque which is the contributor to spinouts. This can help on really loose tracks.
Throttle curve can help smooth out the power delivery as it relates to the actual position of the throttle.
The RX8 has preset throttle curves and if you can mimic them on the MMP.
I prefer using a softer throttle curve over the torque control as it makes it smoother on the bottom end and still lets it rip on the top end which IMO is a better fix to spinouts on a loose track.
I have tried torque control enough to be able to say that it feels like I have set an EPA on the throttle which as the cycle of the pack gets lower I have less throttle than if my EPA was still @ 100%.
Either way it is good to try these things and get a feel for it as these settings can take a sensorless motor to a whole different level and you'll think your wheeling a sensored motor in no time.
I almost forgot, I would not use punch control and torque control at the same time. Only use one or the other.
Old 05-09-2011, 09:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hey hacker and casper do you guys know of any stores in soCal that will have the losi in stock??? -thanks
Old 05-09-2011, 09:30 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

OK, so here is the setup we ran this weekend. Thanks to Casper for shrinking it for me and to Aaron for his help getting it dialed in.

The closest stock springs to what we ran would be gold up front and black in the rear.
OK, so here is the setup we ran this weekend. Thanks to Casper for shrinking it for me and to Aaron for his help getting it dialed in.

The closest stock springs to what we ran would be gold up front and black in the rear.
Awesome Thanks for the sheets I have my diffs sitting on my bench I just filled them with new fluid and Added the Hardened Pins, I think I will have to open them back up before I install them and put the 5-5-3 in them I had 3-3-5 but I think ill try that set up instead. My original pins were starting to show some where just a few thousandths but better safe than sorry. Now if I could only afford some Carbon Fiber, and aluminum hubs things would be perfect lol.
Old 05-09-2011, 10:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

.27kg is .6lbs

But the difference is a lot more than that. A stock Losi SCTE with 550 motor and normal sized battery is between 6.8 and 6.9lbs My slash when I had it was 5.7 lbs with a 550 motor, so the difference is more like .5kg. I know for a fact that that much weight is a HUGE difference, or at least all the electronics thinks so

You could run that settup if you want, just make sure you spend a ton of $$$ and time to lighten the SCTE up by about a pound first With A LOT of work, you can get the SCTE down around 6lbs flat, ready to hit the track.
Old 05-09-2011, 10:42 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by DBL15 View Post
so what kind of run times are you getting with 1410 motor and what esc?

i have 5000 Mah at home but not sure if they will make a 10 minute main on a small track ?
I'm running the 3800 4 pole castle with a mmp esc, also using 5000 30c batterys. Right now I'm getting max 8 minutes of run time. But I suspecT the batteries are about done. I've ran them for about a year.

Originally Posted by SaladFork View Post
See that is good karma for me!! Had I not sent you some gears a Losi might not have won the main. WTG Russ!!!
Ya thanks fork, it defintly helped my losi to win this weekend. It was a 1-2 for losi, and 3-4 for jammin.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.