Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 05-07-2011, 06:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SCTRacerX View Post
I guess I'm confused? So you think the truck is defective or something? What do you want Losi to do? I would be surprised if they gave you some Carbon Towers because you broke your truck when it crashed. For 299.99 (don't forget the $20 for aftermarket diff pins, still waiting 6 weeks later for my HH ones) I don't know what you think that's going to get you as far as a bullet proof RC. I know others have bent the shock tower's also but I haven't heard anything about a redesign. So doubt they will be very happy about you trying to milk a shock tower out of them. I guess I don't know what your point of that post was personally you sound more like an AE driver the way your pouting about CS. But to each his own. Maybe duct tape a pillow to the top of your SCTE?
Where did I say I was trying to get free stuff out of them? Or complaining about customer service? I already bought the aluminum one and if it bends I'll buy the carbon one. Yes I am predominantly AE driver, all my other vehicles are 90% AE because I've enjoyed their quality more, and had bad experience after bad experience with Losi products. I really don't think I was pouting either. It's sounds more like you're butt hurt by my slight criticism of the truck. Isn't that what these forums are for? I was simply sharing my experience with the world in this thread which is dedicated to the SCTE.

Originally Posted by MarqueeRc View Post
Not for anything but your original post implied the opposite..
I guess I should elaborate by saying I just slightly let off the throttle before the end of the jump only to slow the wheels a bit before hitting the throttle in the air. It gives a little more control while flying than just winging it off the jump at full throttle.

Originally Posted by LRPO View Post
Oh and I was going send you my stocker free but since you talk of jumping ship I'll keep it.
I jumped ship a long time ago. Like I said, I'm all for giving second chances and just hope they can impress me with this one.
Old 05-07-2011, 07:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Well score a one two for Losi in the second round of the North Carolina Championship series today. I had the lead for a while but had a bobble and got passed by another SCTE and although I was sure I passed him back, he got the win (hmmm, maybe he cut the track?? No, I'm sure I just mistook another truck for his when I passed, but I digress) So, I think with my finishes in the first two races of the series, I may be leading the series ATM.

This truck is just so amazing. Crummy original diff pins? I don't care. I spent less than $20 getting Chris pins a long time ago, so I could drive and not sit around here and winge about the crummy stockers. I bought the carbon fiber shock towers before I ever raced it. I learned with Mugen buggies a long time ago that the stock, stamped metal towers were going to bend with the first big hit.

Anyway, it's all worth it to have the best handling truck on the track. I couldn't drive my 2WD to save my life (but I'm starting to get that dialed in) but the SCTE was just on rails. Corners great, jumps great, accelerates fantastic (that castle 1410 helps there, it was a rocket today)

So, thank you Ryan and the rest of the Losi development team for producing an amazing truck that just simply works and does what I want it to, sometimes seemingly with a mind of its own. It makes me look better than I am. Like there's a little guy in there helping to smooth out my mistakes.

AWESOME TRUCK!!!!!
Old 05-07-2011, 08:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by wcrase101 View Post
does anyone know if the new proline chevy body is something like the flow tech body..?

hope it is but not a big deal if it ain't will still be adding some kind of holes for air flow. tho I also wonder how important it is on this rig never cut the hole in the stock body and never really had a problem but a few times on the lower jumps that carry alot of speed.
Originally Posted by xxfile View Post
soooo look at the pix on prolines website and figure it out.... NO its not the same its FULL of slots, vents, and holes..
A picture is worth a thousand words but only if you look at it.
I went ahead and ordered the new proline chevy pro 2 body, for those who want to know yes there is three lil vents in the back of the cab area, and it fits really nice. can't wait to paint it and get it mounted.
Old 05-07-2011, 08:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default shock fluid change/bleeding??

anyone care to share the proper technique to bleed the stock losi shocks? time for a fluid change and wanna get em bled right...thx
Old 05-07-2011, 10:21 PM
Tech Adept

what should i run if i want to get 10min on a big 1/10 track or small 1/8 out door track in hot sunny florida. i what to use my lrp spear comp and i want to run Sensored. Tekin look like my best bet but what turn motor should i run and what 2s lipo mah should i run. i dont need it to be crazy fast just good speed to run nice lap times/run cool. and what gear i see most run a 15t.
Old 05-07-2011, 10:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gatorage View Post
what should i run if i want to get 10min on a big 1/10 track or small 1/8 out door track in hot sunny florida. i what to use my lrp spear comp and i want to run Sensored. Tekin look like my best bet but what turn motor should i run and what 2s lipo mah should i run. i dont need it to be crazy fast just good speed to run nice lap times/run cool. and what gear i see most run a 15t.
These batteries are bomb!
http://www.losi.com/Products/Feature...rodId=LOSB9877

Esc - This one forsure!
http://www.teamtekin.com/rx8.html

On motors, ive seen alot of people run the castle 1410 3800kv motor and its price is sweeet!
http://www.castlecreations.com/products/nc1410.html
Old 05-07-2011, 10:32 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Cult Racing View Post
These batteries are bomb!
http://www.losi.com/Products/Feature...rodId=LOSB9877

Esc - This one forsure!
http://www.teamtekin.com/rx8.html

On motors, ive seen alot of people run the castle 1410 3800kv motor and its price is sweeet!
http://www.castlecreations.com/products/nc1410.html
yea but iam looking for an 550 motor for an lrp spear
Old 05-07-2011, 10:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gatorage View Post
yea but iam looking for an 550 motor for an lrp spear
I have tried both the novak and the tekin and both are good. With the novak, go with the 14mm rotor or buy the high torque one. Personally I prefer the Tekin. I am really looking forward to getting my Viper though as I hear very good things about them. It may just be the best of both worlds.

Sorry to the rest, I will reply more tomorrow. Very tired as just got home from the JBRL in Palm Desert. Score another win for the SCTE...actually went 1 2 3...Myself, then Casper, the Aaron Lane.
Old 05-07-2011, 10:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Any idea when will the next shipment arrive? Seems every stores are back ordering now.
Old 05-07-2011, 10:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by spu83 View Post
Any idea when will the next shipment arrive? Seems every stores are back ordering now.
sometime in June
Old 05-08-2011, 01:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

so far seems only one thing I might not about the tekin rx8 esc, it appears that the lipo cutoff can't be turned off

that sucks them cutoffs always seem to cause problems, cutting out when it has plenty of juice in the battery.

or is that something that just novak and castle do?
Old 05-08-2011, 02:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker07 View Post
I have tried both the novak and the tekin and both are good. With the novak, go with the 14mm rotor or buy the high torque one. Personally I prefer the Tekin. I am really looking forward to getting my Viper though as I hear very good things about them. It may just be the best of both worlds.

Sorry to the rest, I will reply more tomorrow. Very tired as just got home from the JBRL in Palm Desert. Score another win for the SCTE...actually went 1 2 3...Myself, then Casper, the Aaron Lane.
congrats on the win Ryan

was there any AE 4x4's in the race i really hope you guys can prove the losi 4x4 is faster and better then the others out there
Old 05-08-2011, 03:58 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

[QUOTE=Integra;9075773]Not yet over here.

I received my pins on Friday.
Old 05-08-2011, 04:37 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default parts

hi Ryan, any idea when parts will be available? i remembered it was stated as late April but it seems its been pushed back..
Old 05-08-2011, 04:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 175 (99%+)

Originally Posted by hacker07 View Post

Just saw it on Novak's site

Last edited by ffpm46; 05-08-2011 at 05:53 AM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.