Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 05-07-2011, 04:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by godofcable
quick question...what is the largest Lipo you have been able to fit using the stock straps?
6s 5000mah JK
Old 05-07-2011, 04:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Timbulb
I was quite pleased with the handling with the stock settings. After some tweaking it'll be sweet. It definitely nose dived easily but that can be controlled by simply letting off the throttle before the jump. The durability of the shock tower worries me however and if problems like that continue I'll be forced to try out the AESC10 4x4.
umm letting of the throttle before jumping will not help you at all

need to more aggressive and throttle more up the jumps and continue on the throttle while in mid air so it keeps the nose up
Old 05-07-2011, 05:00 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by godofcable
quick question...what is the largest Lipo you have been able to fit using the stock straps?

The biggest 2s? 2s ain't a problem. I've got a couple MaxAmps 6500/150c 2s hardcase packs that fit in a battery tray that's been cut in half. I run them standing up, but I've ran them laying down too with zero problems.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 05-07-2011, 05:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DBL15

need to more aggressive and throttle more up the jumps and continue on the throttle while in mid air so it keeps the nose up

I hit the throttle while in the air to bring the nose up. Works like a charm and is a pretty well known technique.
Old 05-07-2011, 05:15 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by DBL15

+1...Obvious enough id think.
Old 05-07-2011, 05:16 PM
Tech Regular

I hit the throttle while in the air to bring the nose up. Works like a charm and is a pretty well known technique.
Not for anything but your original post implied the opposite..
Old 05-07-2011, 05:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chuck 21
Kyle (popcorn) Johnson is TQ at 702 after two rounds today with his
Losi SCTE over the Factory AE SC10 4x4 of Steve Antill by about 3 seconds.

Should be a great main... I don't have a Losi/AE dog in this fight as I have
both, but I really like Kyle he is a very nice class act of a young man"

I hope he puts it on them tomorrow in the main....

Hahaha, i told you... kyle is crazy on the track especially for being 16
Old 05-07-2011, 05:22 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Took my SCTE for the first real test on a track today. After only two nose dives and rolls the rear shock tower was so bent out of shape I couldn't get the body back on. I've replaced it with the Losi aluminum shock tower.

I was running a Novak GTB ESC on 2S and LRP 5.5 550 with a 15 tooth pinion and it came off after 8 minutes at 150. I was quite pleased with the handling with the stock settings. After some tweaking it'll be sweet. It definitely nose dived easily but that can be controlled by simply letting off the throttle before the jump. The durability of the shock tower worries me however and if problems like that continue I'll be forced to try out the AESC10 4x4.

I'm giving the Losi SCTE a chance as a way for them to win me back as a customer as I've been displeased with previous Losi products. We'll see, only time will tell.
I guess I'm confused? So you think the truck is defective or something? What do you want Losi to do? I would be surprised if they gave you some Carbon Towers because you broke your truck when it crashed. For 299.99 I don't know what you think that's going to get you as far as a bullet proof RC. I know others have bent the shock tower's also but I haven't heard anything about a redesign. So doubt they will be very happy about you trying to milk a shock tower out of them. I guess I don't know what your point of that post was personally you sound more like an AE driver the way your pouting about CS. But to each his own. Maybe duct tape a pillow to the top of your SCTE?
Old 05-07-2011, 05:34 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Took my SCTE for the first real test on a track today. After only two nose dives and rolls the rear shock tower was so bent out of shape I couldn't get the body back on. I've replaced it with the Losi aluminum shock tower.

I was running a Novak GTB ESC on 2S and LRP 5.5 550 with a 15 tooth pinion and it came off after 8 minutes at 150. I was quite pleased with the handling with the stock settings. After some tweaking it'll be sweet. It definitely nose dived easily but that can be controlled by simply letting off the throttle before the jump. The durability of the shock tower worries me however and if problems like that continue I'll be forced to try out the AESC10 4x4.

I'm giving the Losi SCTE a chance as a way for them to win me back as a customer as I've been displeased with previous Losi products. We'll see, only time will tell.
go get the carbon tower like Ryan warned us about 300 or more pages back. That upgraded aluminum tower will do the same. You wont have a problem with the tower after that.
Old 05-07-2011, 05:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LRPO
go get the carbon tower like Ryan warned us about 300 or more pages back. That upgraded aluminum tower will do the same. You wont have a problem with the tower after that.
Oh and I was going send you my stocker free but since you talk of jumping ship I'll keep it.
Old 05-07-2011, 05:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default 3rd test day!

Tekin RX8, Tekin SC 4.5, max amps 6500 150c 2cell.

VERY pleased with this truck! Was able to run a 14,15,16 tooth throughout the day running about 6 packs through it (ten plus minutes per pack!). It was nice to be able to play with gearing for power/curve testing with having little effect on heating. I did however manage to break a rear bumper brace due to one bad landing

Gonna search back in the forum for that aftermarket bumper(s) but if someone has the info, would you mind sharing?
Old 05-07-2011, 05:45 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

http://cgi.ebay.com/Losi-TEN-SCTE-Sh...item5198f68670

This is the best rear bumper out as far as I know know.
Old 05-07-2011, 06:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SCTRacerX

Thanks Man! One question.. Im a fan of the DE skid plates on my 1/8th scale stuff. With the T-bone bumper mounting the same way, is anyone having issues due to the bottom diff mounting screws (bottom of the chassis) losing their bite and holding strength over time? Thanks again!
Old 05-07-2011, 06:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LRPO
I guess I'm confused? So you think the truck is defective or something? What do you want Losi to do? I would be surprised if they gave you some Carbon Towers because you broke your truck when it crashed. For 299.99 I don't know what you think that's going to get you as far as a bullet proof RC. I know others have bent the shock tower's also but I haven't heard anything about a redesign. So doubt they will be very happy about you trying to milk a shock tower out of them. I guess I don't know what your point of that post was personally you sound more like an AE driver the way your pouting about CS. But to each his own. Maybe duct tape a pillow to the top of your SCTE?
Or you can just lay up when you know you can't make the jump every time and run the stockers! LOL I bet your lap times go up too.. this takes a lot of self control though.. It's funny I lay up and double single our triple all the time w/ my scte during both quals and mains.. and I end up with more laps and faster laps than I've been laying down with my e-buggy and e-truggy that I always just hit the triple with. If I nail everything I'm a little faster w/ the 1/8 scales but if you don't nail it (go wide or long) every time you end up loosing time in the end, and if you really blow it.. maybe a wreck that can lead to more broken parts with any vehicle.

PS carbon are the only way to go Lightens you up AND they are the most durable.
Old 05-07-2011, 06:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

True that! just tested my bumpers out yesterday, and ran the rear without the brace and losi part of the bumper.. (practice body) i didnt have shoe goo so i didnt run my new body.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.