Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 05-05-2011, 10:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Feint Motion View Post
Hobby Knife/Dremel wheel Cutting tool. Small nail file to smooth it out if needed.

I'm picking one up tomarrow at my LHS, Going what Proline did (knock off Monster Themed) but I'm actually am going to use Monster logos lol White/Flat Black.
sweet thanks!

ya the paint job they did looks like Bj Baldwin's truck, im not sure if your into offroad or race it like i do but this is his truck:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php...type=1&theater
Old 05-05-2011, 10:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Originally Posted by Cult Racing View Post
sweet thanks!

ya the paint job they did looks like Bj Baldwin's truck, im not sure if your into offroad or race it like i do but this is his truck:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php...type=1&theater
sweet, thanks for the link.
Old 05-05-2011, 10:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

i no a couple guys said to keep the shims in the diffs but i took them out just in case if there was any wear going on, havent had any problems and been running it that way since the first time i changed the diff fluid like almost 3 months ago.
Thanks for posting this 'cuz I just rebuilt my diffs yesterday and left the shims out too.
The diffs feel way better without them and I did the OFNA fix to the center.
Old 05-05-2011, 10:36 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by KingdomRacer View Post
Thanks for posting this 'cuz I just rebuilt my diffs yesterday and left the shims out too.
The diffs feel way better without them and I did the OFNA fix to the center.
ya i dont think they are really all that important, but glad to help out.
Old 05-05-2011, 10:37 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Feint Motion View Post
sweet, thanks for the link.
no problem
Old 05-06-2011, 12:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DBL15 View Post
i can understand wanting to do that but honestly racing against these things weekly with a bit of rubbing here and there weight is an advantage IMO

each to there own i guess but i want the weight but i will use a 4 pole motor as well when i can get a losi that is
It`s nice being able to Punt back at the 1/8 scales when they come to play at my 1/10 scale home track!!!Suckers!!!Inside pass move or inside Punt? you decide!! LOL

Last edited by BmainStar; 05-06-2011 at 12:14 AM. Reason: cuzz I dont care about the wt.
Old 05-06-2011, 12:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ripped View Post
Yep, its ashame to have a track in the town you live in that has that problem.. I just take my money and travel around to other tracks..
I dont mind having to drive a couple of hours, to hang out and race with others that race "fun and clean",,,
Exactly!
Old 05-06-2011, 12:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

ThunderbirdJunkie is now reminded of how fortunate he is to live where he lives, and to not have any silly dramatic Days of our Lives BS to deal with while racing effing TOY CARS.

once in a great while there's "that one guy" that shows up, but he doesn't come out often because nobody wants to hear his whining
Old 05-06-2011, 12:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by T-BirdJunkie View Post
ThunderbirdJunkie is now reminded of how fortunate he is to live where he lives, and to not have any silly dramatic Days of our Lives BS to deal with while racing effing TOY CARS.

once in a great while there's "that one guy" that shows up, but he doesn't come out often because nobody wants to hear his whining
Anyone from down your way running the OEOSS State series since most of the tracks are that direction?

http://oeoss.com/
Old 05-06-2011, 01:01 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Ridley View Post
Anyone from down your way running the OEOSS State series since most of the tracks are that direction?

http://oeoss.com/
ThunderbirdJunkie and AMorgan are planning on it. Dunno if anybody else is.

CCRCR is ThunderbirdJunkie's outdoor haunt.
Old 05-06-2011, 01:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by T-BirdJunkie View Post
ThunderbirdJunkie and AMorgan are planning on it. Dunno if anybody else is.

CCRCR is ThunderbirdJunkie's outdoor haunt.
I should meet you guys in person finally on the 21st at EN Hobbies then

The CCRCR track looks pretty nice. I never even knew it existed down there but am looking forward to running there. The dirt looks kind of loose and loamy which I really like...what tires do you guys use? Just watching the vids it kinda looks like an enduro tire would work well.
Old 05-06-2011, 01:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dag32 View Post
I will be picking up some MIP speed tips soon, any recommendations on a power screwdriver?
I use the Ryobi 4v lithium, I got it for 30 bux at Home Depot.
http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/...cStoreNum=1002

not yet, im not sure what to use to cut those small vents out.
Dremel with a cutting wheel. That's what I used to cut out the rear vents on my Raptor body.
Old 05-06-2011, 02:00 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Ridley View Post
I should meet you guys in person finally on the 21st at EN Hobbies then

The CCRCR track looks pretty nice. I never even knew it existed down there but am looking forward to running there. The dirt looks kind of loose and loamy which I really like...what tires do you guys use? Just watching the vids it kinda looks like an enduro tire would work well.
Last year with Enduro supersofts ThunderbirdJunkie's SC10 would wheelie down the front straight. Good tire. Too bad it's a totally different wheel that's run on the truck now.

Gonna try out M4 Bowfighters tomorrow (later today?) and see how they work on the XXX-SCT, but the Enduro is the tire of choice thus far. Gonna try out a set of blue compound Eclipses tomorrow, too. We'll see what happens. They should be reasonable, at worst.

AMorgan likes Cityblocks on everything he runs there, but ThunderbirdJunkie has not run them. Then again, in 2w SCT, he's also got a LOT more power, so we may not like the same tire (17.5 vs Castle 4600/Murfdogg 13.5 in our 2w SCTs)

So far, M3 Calibers are the best tire found, personally, for 2w buggy. Losi's Sprints in red compound (can't find em anymore ) hook up pretty damn good, too.
Old 05-06-2011, 06:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

My 1410 showed up yesterday from A-Main and I raced with it last night at one of my LHS Thursday race nights. I must say that I am very surprised at how freakin awesome that motor is. I will have my Novak's for sale for sure.
What are you guys running you push control at for the 1410? I tried setting it on 2, then 5, then 10.. Things got progressively better but I didn't go past 10, I just wheeled it from there. However, it still has a slight tendency to fall forward at times in the air.
On another note, I held a prototype carbon fiber chassis in my hands yesterday. I just wanted to throw that out there. It was not quite finished so he didn't let me take pics of it.... yet..
Old 05-06-2011, 06:20 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

T-BirdJunkie is in this post an awful lot for someone who doesn't own a TEN-SCTE! I'm hoping to have everything finally together for the OEOSS first date on the 21st (Eric, we should work out a carpool...) I plan to run 4wd SCT there, but will bring my 2wd as well if I still have it. I pretty much run city blocks everywhere outdoors, but play with compounds to tune the traction a bit. Losi, please ship the rest of my TEN-SCTE parts soon so I can start making some race dates with confidence! Thanks!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.