Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 02:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xxfile View Post
as it seems the tiny lil shims in the diff seem to wear into the spider gears with time, would it be a good idea to use a shim with more surface or, bigger but not thicker?
yeah the tiny blocks are looking NASTY right now on my rear and center. The shim has worn into the block and has even warped the hole on the blocks almost like it was getting pulled in two different directions. I also noticed that in the center diff; one of the spider gears is getting bevelled on the back of the gear; due to the shim or things being off by running the crappy OG pins for a few packs before replacing with chrispins. I'll be doing the Ofna gears and shims asap and might keep it that way until this issue is resolved later on. Not flaming- i love my truck...just wish there wasn't a pin issue in the first place.
Old 05-03-2011, 02:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by wcrase101 View Post
does anyone know if the new proline chevy body is something like the flow tech body..?

hope it is but not a big deal if it ain't will still be adding some kind of holes for air flow. tho I also wonder how important it is on this rig never cut the hole in the stock body and never really had a problem but a few times on the lower jumps that carry alot of speed.
anybody?
Old 05-03-2011, 02:40 PM
Tech Regular

anybody?
soooo look at the pix on prolines website and figure it out.... NO its not the same its FULL of slots, vents, and holes..
A picture is worth a thousand words but only if you look at it.
Old 05-03-2011, 02:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

anybody?
Does the new Proline fit? Good question, I have not see anyone post about it. If they make one sized for the Blitz I imagine it would work fine.

Holes in the body is personal preferance, does it help? Sure... But at the expens of some durability on the body.
Old 05-03-2011, 03:00 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by hacker07 View Post
All of the parts with the exception of the diff cases which will be coming in about two weeks and the diff gear sets which are about 4 weeks out are now in stock and shipping. The diff gear sets had to wait until we had the pins and we had to get pins in for CS issues first so now that is taken care of, the pins are moving to gear sets and production of vehicles. Hope this info helps a little. I know its not perfect but we are trying.
How about sending us out some gears without the pins? We have pins.. We need some gears. I know I do. i Have a trashed diff and a couple of worn out ones. Yes, I drove the truck while I was waiting on pins. Thats what I paid for. I sure as heck wasnt gonna put it aside and let it sit.
Old 05-03-2011, 03:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LRPO View Post
yeah the tiny blocks are looking NASTY right now on my rear and center. The shim has worn into the block and has even warped the hole on the blocks almost like it was getting pulled in two different directions. I also noticed that in the center diff; one of the spider gears is getting bevelled on the back of the gear; due to the shim or things being off by running the crappy OG pins for a few packs before replacing with chrispins. I'll be doing the Ofna gears and shims asap and might keep it that way until this issue is resolved later on. Not flaming- i love my truck...just wish there wasn't a pin issue in the first place.

I changed my pins before I ever put in the radio,esc,motor,rx and servo.

My diffs look just like yours, so it makes no difference what pins you are
running in the SCTE...

Theres many other people on this forum and other forums that changed
their diff pins before ever driving their trucks. Their having the same
problems also with the gears,shims & aluminum blocks all disintegrating
into dust because of how heavy the SCTE is.

I've said it before........ I'm sure Losi will get this problem fixed as they
have seemed to be fixing everything else thats a problem on this truck.

I race 3 to 4 days a week so I'm seeing things on this truck alot sooner
then most. If I hadn't bought (two) SCTE's I'd a been side lined a long
time ago...

I love the truck and if Losi stands behind it the way they seem to be thus
far I'm sticking with it...
Old 05-03-2011, 03:05 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Please advise speedo

I have the cc sct 3800 kit and it is great but yesterday the speedo started cutting in and out now it moves a few feet and jerks and so on.
If you hold the truck in the air and pull the throttle a little it surges up and down and makes a violent stop then starts back up.
I called them and they had me do some tests and now I have to wait for them to send me a new one
I'm thinking of switching to a better speedo mmp or rx8 what do you guys recommend and why I need the thing to last.

Also my temps have never been above 160 usually 145-155

Thanks in advance. Mike
Old 05-03-2011, 03:10 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Mike1977 View Post
I have the cc sct 3800 kit and it is great but yesterday the speedo started cutting in and out now it moves a few feet and jerks and so on.
If you hold the truck in the air and pull the throttle a little it surges up and down and makes a violent stop then starts back up.
I called them and they had me do some tests and now I have to wait for them to send me a new one
I'm thinking of switching to a better speedo mmp or rx8 what do you guys recommend and why I need the thing to last.

Thanks in advance. Mike
Are you using the sidewinder sct esc aka sv2 esc?? It has been said plenty of times that the sidewinder sct esc is not a viable option on the losi??
Old 05-03-2011, 03:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mike1977 View Post

Thanks in advance. Mike
Bad choice of ESC, awesome motor choice.. that ESC is not capable of lasting on the scte, even a lightened one in most cases. Obiously no part is of the exact same tolerance, but that ESC is bearly enough for a 6lb vehicle let alone 6.5-7lbs. Get a MM and MMp or a MMM or Rx8 there are a few other generics that can handle the load w/ sesorless as well; hobbywing etc..
Old 05-03-2011, 03:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MarqueeRc View Post
Are you using the sidewinder sct esc aka sv2 esc?? It has been said plenty of times that the sidewinder sct esc is not a viable option on the losi??

Thats what Castle told me when I called them about running the 3800 in
my Losi. The tech I talked to recomended I use my RX8 he said that ESC
is hard to beat in any R/C car/truck but really shines in the Losi.

I figure it must be a great ESC if the compition is telling you it is great.
Old 05-03-2011, 03:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chuck 21 View Post
I changed my pins before I ever put in the radio,esc,motor,rx and servo.

My diffs look just like yours, so it makes no difference what pins you are
running in the SCTE...

Theres many other people on this forum and other forums that changed
their diff pins before ever driving their trucks. Their having the same
problems also with the gears,shims & aluminum blocks all disintegrating
into dust because of how heavy the SCTE is.

I've said it before........ I'm sure Losi will get this problem fixed as they
have seemed to be fixing everything else thats a problem on this truck.

I race 3 to 4 days a week so I'm seeing things on this truck alot sooner
then most. If I hadn't bought (two) SCTE's I'd a been side lined a long
time ago...

I love the truck and if Losi stands behind it the way they seem to be thus
far I'm sticking with it...
My square dif blocks are looking pretty haggard also. Fortunately for me I have a small stock pile of the dif gear sets that I bought back when I got my 810. I have been slowly replacing the parts as they look like they are breaking down.

Sounds like we need Chris "pins" Attebery to come to the rescue again!!! Chris, here is another hop up idea for you. Seems like it wouldn't be to difficult of a part to make and I bet you would sell a ton of them!!!! Especially since it doesn't sound like losi is planning to make any changes to this part. I'd buy a couple sets of those little square blocks made out of a hard metal that wont wear out so quickly!!!!
Old 05-03-2011, 03:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

im in toronto canada and recieved my hardened pins just today (losi). not that i need them with much thanks to chris atterberry. thanks pal.
i run MMP but the sensor port sucks balls, basically doesnt work. been pushing the plug in so often it actually just broke off and when i pulled the wire out the port plug came out with it. still works un sensored though. prob better to get the MMM or better yet the RX8. just my 2 cents. gna take the rx8 out of my mugen eco and run a MMM in there as i hear sensored isnt need as much with 1/8 scale BUHP ... its my 1st 1/8 scale and ive yet to drive it still. need a spektrum reciever still prefferaby a 3001 if anyone has a good one for sale under 50 lol
Old 05-03-2011, 03:32 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jhautz View Post
My square dif blocks are looking pretty haggard also. Fortunately for me I have a small stock pile of the dif gear sets that I bought back when I got my 810. I have been slowly replacing the parts as they look like they are breaking down.

Sounds like we need Chris "pins" Attebery to come to the rescue again!!! Chris, here is another hop up idea for you. Seems like it wouldn't be to difficult of a part to make and I bet you would sell a ton of them!!!! Especially since it doesn't sound like losi is planning to make any changes to this part. I'd buy a couple sets of those little square blocks made out of a hard metal that wont wear out so quickly!!!!
I did the samething with my diffs, kept all the older parts which had almost no wear on the pins and no wear on the gears. I have 3 full sets (errr had) and a few bags of unopened gears and older pins. I have been sending them out to guys in the thread who need just a one or two gears. I still have some left if anyone if DOA and needs to keep racing. I don't charge for them.

And I agree, Chris makes those blocks! My hinge pins came yesterday, they are nice! Going on the 810.
Old 05-03-2011, 03:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Are you guys saying that now I need all new gears? Can't be what I'm reading
Old 05-03-2011, 03:44 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by larlev View Post
Are you guys saying that now I need all new gears? Can't be what I'm reading
Not according to Losi, nor the majority of ppl that have run with the correct pins from the begining....Evidently there have been some ppl that have had some failure even with the new pins....If so, Losi should look into it in more depth....Chuck says he races three times a week, which is more than me, so maybe that's why I haven't seen this so called premature failure with me or others, as it sounds as if he races more than most imo..I sure hope it's not a premature part failure issue, waiting to happen??

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.