Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 07:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by b121774 View Post
I raced at a large 1/8th scale track last week and I could NOT KEEP IT FROM NOSE DIVING!!!. I had to keep it held at full throttle the entire jump till it landed on almost all jumps. If I didn't do it perfect each time it would come down on its nose or lid. Running an rx8/novak 4.5 with 14mm rotor geared at 15t pinion, battery back with 5/5/3 fluids. Any ideas?
You try putting a little push control on your RX8?
Old 05-02-2011, 07:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by per4m28 View Post
You try putting a little push control on your RX8?
+1

Add 1 on the push control, works like a charm.
Old 05-02-2011, 07:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

I'm about to tear down my diffs reading through the previous post I see that there are also gear wear issues....is this only happening to the small beveled gears? Or both, sun gear also? Would like to know this for the guys who are currently using the ofna beveled gears how is it holding up? I would purchase this kit if the problem is with the smaller gears only I would be hesitant to change it if both are the same material by putting a harder beveled gear would ruin the bigger sun gear. I would rather keep both stock gear and let it wear evenly. Please advise.
Old 05-02-2011, 08:00 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Here we go guys was going to go Electric racing, but deciding to stay with nitro.Looking to sell 2 complete set-ups all NIB. (A-Main pricing) and buyer pays shipping, I bought from Hobbytown so I got more in it that that.
-TEAM LOSI SCTE 299.99
-TEKIN RX8 194.99
-TEKIN 5.5 129.99
- 2 LOSI 6000 60C 119.99 EACH

-TEAM LOSI XXXSCT RTR (STRONGHOLD) 229.99
-TEKIN RSPRO 17.5 COMBO 299.99
-3 VENOM 5000 40C 74.99 EACH
Would REALLY prefer local pick-up and not deal with shipping I live in Central FL (Tampa/Orlando) PM me with any questions. Dont really want to seperate the support equipment from the trucks.

Last edited by ASATRUGGYFAN; 05-02-2011 at 08:07 PM. Reason: wording
Old 05-02-2011, 08:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SaladFork View Post
+1

Add 1 on the push control, works like a charm.
Any tips by chance with MMP and 1415? Mine does same thing...granted it could be just me and my crappy driving sometimes.

edit....sorry just saw battery tray idea
Old 05-02-2011, 08:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SaladFork View Post
Tell him to PM me... I have a couple of sungears.

Or Russ PM me lol.
Kool I think he is working nights right now(booo) and wont read this till 2-maro but i will text him, YOUR THE MAN FORK!
Old 05-02-2011, 08:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)

Since I just got my scte a few days ago I've ordered the MMP 3800kv, several diff. size pinions, and a new body........ I'm going to order the new pins asap (how many do I need?), and I'm thinking about replacing the shocks, any suggestions? Also I'll be running on an indoor clay track, I normally run barcodes but wondering what are some other good tires to use? Thanks
Old 05-02-2011, 08:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

When I was running my havok sc pro I had my radio throttle centered to just stop when on the ground but off the ground it would spin the tires. I have push control set at 1 on the rx8. On the jumps I was referring to I had the throttle pinned into the jump, off the jump and in the air until it landed and it would just stay level, BARELY. If I let off just a fraction of an inch off the throttle, down she went. I could NOT get the nose to come up past level AT ALL, NO MATTER WHAT I TRIED.
Old 05-02-2011, 08:26 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by b121774 View Post
When I was running my havok sc pro I had my radio throttle centered to just stop when on the ground but off the ground it would spin the tires. I have push control set at 1 on the rx8. On the jumps I was referring to I had the throttle pinned into the jump, off the jump and in the air until it landed and it would just stay level, BARELY. If I let off just a fraction of an inch off the throttle, down she went. I could NOT get the nose to come up past level AT ALL, NO MATTER WHAT I TRIED.
Dang my truck jumps nose up everytime!!! weird..And some I have seen jump nose down? Dont get it.
I run RX8 and Tekin5.5 maybe they are heavy enough to fly it nose up?
Old 05-02-2011, 08:35 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by larlev View Post
Any tips by chance with MMP and 1415? Mine does same thing...granted it could be just me and my crappy driving sometimes.

yeah i have the same problem im going to try some radio settings. What is the battery tray idea?? If its moving the battery so it is mounted to the rear and still nose dives. Ive got two weeks till I can make it back to the track so Ive got some time to figure things out.
Old 05-02-2011, 08:49 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by larlev View Post

When I had my Jammin and was learning to jump the 4wd SC's I would use the trim on the radio since the MMP doesn't have a push feature. While I am not sure what damage this can cause, beware. Before a race I would dial the trim forward to engage a little bit of forward (without the truck moving), this keeps less drag off the wheels when you are in the air and it jumps more forgiving.

Originally Posted by BmainStar View Post
Kool I think he is working nights right now(booo) and wont read this till 2-maro but i will text him, YOUR THE MAN FORK!
Cool, thanks mayn!
Old 05-02-2011, 09:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by per4m28 View Post
I'm about to tear down my diffs reading through the previous post I see that there are also gear wear issues....is this only happening to the small beveled gears? Or both, sun gear also? Would like to know this for the guys who are currently using the ofna beveled gears how is it holding up? I would purchase this kit if the problem is with the smaller gears only I would be hesitant to change it if both are the same material by putting a harder beveled gear would ruin the bigger sun gear. I would rather keep both stock gear and let it wear evenly. Please advise.
There is not a gear wear issue. Some had issues where the gears wore because of the bad pins. Those that replaced the pins at new, most all are doing fine with them. Just change the pins and you should be good to go for a long long time.
Old 05-02-2011, 09:11 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by hacker07 View Post
There is not a gear wear issue. Some had issues where the gears wore because of the bad pins. Those that replaced the pins at new, most all are doing fine with them. Just change the pins and you should be good to go for a long long time.
Late June is what Horizon is calling for the truck. Is that what we should expect if we have an interest in the truck?
Old 05-02-2011, 09:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker07 View Post
does losi or horizon replaces the damaged gears due to bad pins? if not, it may not be too fair. especially the gears aren't available everywhere. just my 2 cents. still waiting for my so called 'better' pins though.
Old 05-02-2011, 09:32 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by pword View Post
does losi or horizon replaces the damaged gears due to bad pins? if not, it may not be too fair. especially the gears aren't available everywhere. just my 2 cents. still waiting for my so called 'better' pins though.
Losi just replaces the pins, not the gears.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.