Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 05-01-2011, 07:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 8ight-e
Good question.. from looking at both of mine

drill out the stock plastic shock spacer to fit on the 8ight stand off (8ight is thicker)
drill out the shock tower hole, thicker hole needed (only 1 can be drilled, so pick well otherwise not enough material will be left)

Note this may only work if you are using the stock towers or carbon towers as the alum towers have the grooves and you would need to be very creative w/ a dremmel to even attempt.
There are one piece shock mounts available for the TEN series, they just are not titanium, sorry.
Old 05-01-2011, 07:51 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by BmainStar
Man ..I brought the Slasher out for ya LOL..ya should be stuff coming in soon..If we all were one of the smart guys who bought multiple trucks to part out on Flee Bay we would be Rich..LOL.So get a diff off the bay AND IT`S ON NEXT WEEK END!!!!
Ill have the Jammy ready for next weekend! I went through the whole truck, did the diffs, sealed up some shocks, replaced all the worn out stuff.
So ya I'm gonna break out ol' faithful
Old 05-01-2011, 08:04 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by retsoorkcuf
has anyone ran the castle 1410 motor with there mmpsct I'm currently running 1415 mmp sct combo and having a problem with run times I can run the 6 min to 8 mins if needed but loses it's punch after about 5 mins or so ,I am running 5000 and 6000 2s lipos and was wondering if the 1410 would give me more power throughout my entire run or any other suggestions on motors maybe a sensored motor will run more efficient .
Tried the mmp sct with the 1410 saturday and after 1 2s pack through it it shut down. Tried it again today and same thing. Dont know if just a fluke or what. But something not right. The esc only had maybe 8 packs through it. So now its got a mm and 1410. Temps on motor 130 esc 98. The thing is awesome
Old 05-01-2011, 08:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

+1 more win for the SCTE vs the rest.. I hear it a lot but man this truck was on rails today, TQ & won both a-mains, final main I snuck in a 12th lap (2 over the field). The track was a little rough from the winter but man it was nice to get out on the big track again, perfect day! Setup sheet for ideas below, I'm no pro but it worked very nice for me today.

I was getting the feel for the castle 1410's power band today on the bigger track and with a 16t pinion and noticed it feels just a touch soft in the middle which at first was scaring me a little on the triple so early on I did a lot of double, single's. Once I grew a set of balls and starting punching it coming off the double I quickly realized this little turd (1410) has way more power than I was giving it credit for. This motor is nutz, the best motor I've used including vs the tekin 4.5 and the ae 4.5. The motor never was over 138' typically around 130'. This is what I'll be running all year

Another note: The MA 5250 pack was decent, it will make a 10minute main with a few warm up laps easy w/ the 1410. I'm pulling around 470mAH/min with my current setup. The MA is listed as 100c, I'd say it's a 45c pack... my 50c speedzone 5400mAH pack has more punch expecially near the end. Granted it's not apples for apples, but a pretty real rating on this pack I have is 45/90 vs what I'm use to from other companies. It did the job and I will continue to use it.. the ~260grams is nice vs most packs at 300grams or more.

Old 05-01-2011, 08:29 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by hacker07
There are one piece shock mounts available for the TEN series, they just are not titanium, sorry.
I'm runing them (ten-1 piece) I only posted that cause he asked.

Hacker where can I get my hands on the stock grease they are packing in these diffs from the factory? I really REALLY love my center and front as is. I've been using oils forever in my 8th scales but with no leaks and no issues I would just like be able to freshen them up a couple times through the season.

Thanks.. Please package and sell or at least to me direct if you can't sell to everyone LOL
Old 05-01-2011, 08:45 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I'm runing them (ten-1 piece) I only posted that cause he asked.

Hacker where can I get my hands on the stock grease they are packing in these diffs from the factory? I really REALLY love my center and front as is. I've been using oils forever in my 8th scales but with no leaks and no issues I would just like be able to freshen them up a couple times through the season.

Thanks.. Please package and sell or at least to me direct if you can't sell to everyone LOL
+1
Old 05-01-2011, 09:04 PM
Tech Regular

Question of the day??

We were at the track today for a day of practice and I noticed the truck handling funny, after getting back to the table we found that the droop screw on the driver side was tightened up and that the passenger had more droop, now this is not the only time this has happened. what make's the droop screw tighten itself up. We cant figure it out
Old 05-01-2011, 09:12 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by THE DOC
Question of the day??

We were at the track today for a day of practice and I noticed the truck handling funny, after getting back to the table we found that the droop screw on the driver side was tightened up and that the passenger had more droop, now this is not the only time this has happened. what make's the droop screw tighten itself up. We cant figure it out
If you didn't do the droop pad mod (drill, tap, and use 8ight droop pads) then the chassis wears out (and fast) Depending on how it is wearing into the chassis and depending on how loose the droop grub is in the arm I think it would be plausible that it could back itself off some on its own with normal use. Also note if the chassis wears differently on either side the droop can also get a little out of whack.

just a guess..
Old 05-01-2011, 09:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

@ eight-e
that tip on moving the throttle trim up until the tires spin on the stand is the ticket.
Good tip!
Ran the Enduros as well and they are way better than my I-Beams ever were for similar conditions.
Old 05-01-2011, 09:23 PM
Tech Regular

If you didn't do the droop pad mod (drill, tap, and use 8ight droop pads) then the chassis wears out (and fast) Depending on how it is wearing into the chassis and depending on how loose the droop grub is in the arm I think it would be plausible that it could back itself off some on its own with normal use. Also note if the chassis wears differently on either side the droop can also get a little out of whack.

just a guess..
The driver side is getting screwed in more(loosing droop) the passenger side is
where it should be I never have a problem with that side. When I put a driver on it, its tight to turn not loose.
Old 05-01-2011, 09:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

My droop screws do the same thing. Thinking about putting teflon tape on them will do the trick.
Old 05-01-2011, 09:31 PM
Tech Elite

The driver side is getting screwed in more(loosing droop) the passenger side is
where it should be I never have a problem with that side. When I put a driver on it, its tight to turn not loose.
if the grub is getting caught on the alum chassis in the wear area and essentially 'tugging' at it basically every time it has contact from the wear it maybe your problem? Have to inspect the area.. again just throwing out ideas.

I'd do that droop pad mod asap, if it keeps up after that you most likely need some pipe tape on the thread of your droop grubs to make sure it doesn't move.
Old 05-01-2011, 10:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Question for the Losi people:

I like the way the truck felt with the grease, but the grease has to go. What diff oils would give me a similar feel? I'm thinking about going 5-5-5.

Thanks!
Old 05-01-2011, 11:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Question of the day??

Yeh my rears were way outa whack just one of those things your gonna have to check every couple runs or if you have a permanent setting you like throw some CA in there and they will never move again!
Old 05-01-2011, 11:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by heavyjeffd
Question for the Losi people:

I like the way the truck felt with the grease, but the grease has to go. What diff oils would give me a similar feel? I'm thinking about going 5-5-5.

Thanks!
Try a little lighter in the rear like 5-5-2 or 5-5-3 !Cheers!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.