Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 07:52 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by kjohnsiii View Post
I checked for the seller gonitrohobbies and could not find him.
http://www.gonitrohobbies.com/default.asp
website not an ebay seller
I got an order from him a few weeks back.
he seems to do it on the side sometimes emails take a day or 2 to get responded to but all was good and the order came thru to canada no problem
Old 04-29-2011, 08:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I emailed the seller to see if he would selll just the engine. But he does have the combo for 85 on his website + free shipping
Old 04-29-2011, 08:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

I here that he rock crawlers like that esc.
Old 04-29-2011, 08:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RACETEK View Post
Yes it is all four plates. Pricing will depend on what thickness material I settle on. So pricing right now would be premature. Give me a few days and we can go from there.

As I started getting the weight out of my truck I noticed better acceleration, the ability to gear higher, jump better, handle quicker, etc.. Some of that could be due to the corrected balance of the truck also. I think Salad weighed his in at 6lbs 11oz, which is almost what mine weighed out of the box but I used a lighter battery than him. As of right now my truck chimes in at 5.9lbs and getting lighter by the day. lol.. A RTR goal would be 5-5.25lbs.. At least thats what I am working towards.
Wow. 5.25lb is an aggressive target for this truck. I think if you are under 6lb RTR with it you have done a really good job. I have mine down to around 6.2lbs (using a pretty heavy 6500mah 2s battery) and it already feels like a different truck vs the fat 6.75lb car it started off as.

Id be interested in a set of those CF plates when they are reay. Not just lighter but WAY cool looking!
Old 04-29-2011, 08:09 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xxfile View Post
nice in theory but u gotta find a real newb if u think ur gonna get more than 20 bucks for it...
Really cause I just sold a USED ONE for 55.00 genius. I basically got my Castle 1410 for free, as I paid 55.00 for the the SCT used...I had several offers of 45.00 for the used SCT ESC. So next time you wanna chime in get a brain.

Took me a week or two but a guy from Canada gave me an extra 5.00 for it.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...inder-esc.html
Old 04-29-2011, 08:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jhautz View Post
Wow. 5.25lb is an aggressive target for this truck. I think if you are under 6lb RTR with it you have done a really good job. I have mine down to around 6.2lbs (using a pretty heavy 6500mah 2s battery) and it already feels like a different truck vs the fat 6.75lb car it started off as.

Id be interested in a set of those CF plates when they are reay. Not just lighter but WAY cool looking!
without going through tons of posts what were the things that you guys did to take the most weight off.

I have a Tekin sc4x 4.5 turn and it is struggling with the weight and heat issues
Old 04-29-2011, 08:11 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by SCTRacerX View Post
Really cause I just sold a USED ONE for 55.00 genius. I basically got my Castle 1410 for free, as I paid 55.00 for the the SCT used...I had several offers of 45.00 for the used SCT ESC. So next time you wanna chime in get a brain.
Well GENIUS you obviously found a NEWB

I didnt really expect attitude though it was a nice touch.
You musta been up early watching that royal wedding
Old 04-29-2011, 08:19 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Nah do a search on the For sale section and see the list of 20 that have sold for 50.00 since...Well don't make ass sumptions on things and you won't get powned.
Old 04-29-2011, 08:21 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jurquhart View Post
without going through tons of posts what were the things that you guys did to take the most weight off.

I have a Tekin sc4x 4.5 turn and it is struggling with the weight and heat issues
we need to set a standard for weight...
theres with batt without batt with and without body..
maybe set a standard for comparison as body off battery out wheels on.
that way we take the different battery weights out of the equation.
Just for comparisons sake.
or
2 weights, the standard... body off no batt
and the all in... RTR, body and battery included
Old 04-29-2011, 08:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Other than the carbon parts, I have aluminum hardware on the motor half of the truck only and all the 5-40 locknuts are aluminum. People really under estimate the weight savings of hardware alone. I also removed the rx box. I now that going with a different motor and possibly a different speedo (really attached to my RX8) I could save some more weight. Also, I might chuck my chassis up in the cnc this weekend and see what I can get from that.. provided the workup on the cutouts don't show excessive flex anywhere. Today I am going to look at Traxxas aluminum tie rods to replace the all the tie rods in the truck since they are very light, seem to be fairly strong, come in colors and are cheap. lol.. I'm ordering titanium hinge pins for it today as well. Titanium hardware is on the way too as soon as I find exactly the pieces I want.
Old 04-29-2011, 08:22 AM
Tech Regular

Nah do a search on the For sale section and see the list of 20 that have sold for 50.00 since...Well don't make ass sumptions on things and you won't get powned.
Fair enough.
Old 04-29-2011, 08:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Got my pins in last night. Talk about a messy job. The one thing I wish they had was a way for the transmission halves to seal with each other. With the pinion/ring gear setup like a real car, you need lubrication...there is nothing to stop it from leaking out. if you tighten it too much you chance stripping the plastic.

how are you guys dealing with that?
Old 04-29-2011, 08:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xxfile View Post
Well GENIUS you obviously found a NEWB

I didnt really expect attitude though it was a nice touch.
You musta been up early watching that royal wedding
I sold a new one for 50 as well with no effort.. Am I helping
Old 04-29-2011, 08:46 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by godofcable View Post
Got my pins in last night. Talk about a messy job. The one thing I wish they had was a way for the transmission halves to seal with each other. With the pinion/ring gear setup like a real car, you need lubrication...there is nothing to stop it from leaking out. if you tighten it too much you chance stripping the plastic.

how are you guys dealing with that?
The outdrives are sealed with an o-ring and the diff case is sealed with a gasket. The screws should be snug to tight but don't need to over tighten them for sure.

This is a great video on how to build a gear diff. Only change with the Ten diffs from what Adam says is DO NOT REMOVE THE THIN WASHERS! It is ok for the 8ight diffs but not recommended for the Ten diffs.

http://www.youtube.com/user/LosiRaci.../2/Jm7gQCbnWMs
Old 04-29-2011, 08:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Pretty much ditched everything that wasn't needed. Rx Box, Most of the side guards, Battery tray, cut the rear bumper down(this pic was before bumper trimming), cut off the extra body mount post length. Small castle 1410 motor and MMP esc, CF shock towers, Aluminum toe blocks.

If anyone wants to make a nice 2mm thick CF center dif top plate Id be interested in that. The one that comes with the car is just way bigger and chunkier than needed.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.