Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 10:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 185 (99%+)

Originally Posted by Bburns View Post
No crying allowed Brandon Its not like it's nice enough to race around here yet anyways unless you have an Ark
Old 04-27-2011, 10:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ridley View Post
Yeah, 25-75% longer runtimes with non sensored 4 poles maybe

They are smoother though....at least up to .3mph
ya that's what i said lol, but obviously im wrong to her she just wanted me to buy it so it will just sit next to my losi forever lol.
Old 04-27-2011, 10:16 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pink_sleeve View Post
No crying allowed Brandon Its not like it's nice enough to race around here yet anyways unless you have an Ark
I'll put paddle tires on my corr and skip across the water. Lol
Old 04-27-2011, 10:16 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Cult Racing View Post
Im not sure if anyone has had this problem, but yesterday when i got back from my local track, SDRC, I noticed my rear shock tower (upgraded Losi aluminum tower) was bent. Before i changed it to that one, my stock one bent too and many other people i drive with. Im wondering if anyone has bent the upgraded one? Also has anyone had problems with the Carbon Fiber ones? Im just wondering because I drive hard with all my trucks but never bent a aluminum tower before and on this truck ive bent 2 on the rear.
anyone?
Old 04-27-2011, 10:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bburns View Post
I'll put paddle tires on my corr and skip across the water. Lol
Isn't that Tyco of yours waterproof, you don't need to skip across, just submarine right through
Old 04-27-2011, 10:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Im not sure if anyone has had this problem, but yesterday when i got back from my local track, SDRC, I noticed my rear shock tower (upgraded Losi aluminum tower) was bent. Before i changed it to that one, my stock one bent too and many other people i drive with. Im wondering if anyone has bent the upgraded one? Also has anyone had problems with the Carbon Fiber ones? Im just wondering because I drive hard with all my trucks but never bent a aluminum tower before and on this truck ive bent 2 on the rear.
Hunter, the CF towers are solid, I've heard of about 2 or 3 people bend the upgraded aluminum towers and even saw one bend at the track first hand. Still haven't heard of anyone breaking a CF tower. I've taken some pretty spectacular wipeouts with mine and so far so good (knocks on wood). Honestly, I'd get them and never look back.
Old 04-27-2011, 10:30 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Isn't that Tyco of yours waterproof, you don't need to skip across, just submarine right through
Lol, I don't think there is anything water proof on it.
Old 04-27-2011, 10:31 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911 View Post
Hunter, the CF towers are solid, I've heard of about 2 or 3 people bend the upgraded aluminum towers and even saw one bend at the track first hand. Still haven't heard of anyone breaking a CF tower. I've taken some pretty spectacular wipeouts with mine and so far so good (knocks on wood). Honestly, I'd get them and never look back.
Ya, i was like, are you serious how in the hell does a aluminum tower bend? its never happened till now, so that means im going to carbon fiber. (if there in stock) lmao!
Old 04-27-2011, 10:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 185 (99%+)

You know how Weber is....he hates it..he likes it...he hates it...he's retiring....he comes back....he retires again....lmao.

Yeah, so I'm looking for some hingepin holders

I might just make some out of carbon fiber if I can't find any
I think he's going through withdrawls from not winning in so long
Old 04-27-2011, 10:54 PM
Tech Master

Ya, i was like, are you serious how in the hell does a aluminum tower bend? its never happened till now, so that means im going to carbon fiber. (if there in stock) lmao!
When you comin out to OCRC? I had a SICK run on Sunday, was totally walking the field, then bam, I got hit at the 3:55 mark and never really recovered. Put together a 26 and a 31 second lap back to back. Look at the rest of my times. (I was on pace to be the only one to do 15 laps) The rest were all great until then I was even beating Walnuts!
http://www.liverc.com/view_result_fi...8A_Main%29.xml

I'm the yellow truck with Blue and orange for those of you who watch this vid.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

I dont know why, but they had the radio plugged into the sound for the video, weird lol

Last edited by ScottKelly911; 04-27-2011 at 11:11 PM.
Old 04-27-2011, 11:12 PM
Tech Master

When you comin out to OCRC? I had a SICK run on Sunday, was totally walking the field, then bam, I got hit at the 3:55 mark and never really recovered. Put together a 26 and a 31 second lap back to back. Look at the rest of my times. (I was on pace to be the only one to do 15 laps) The rest were all great until then I was even beating Walnuts!
http://www.liverc.com/view_result_fi...8A_Main%29.xml

I'm the yellow truck with Blue and orange for those of you who watch this vid.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

I dont know why, but they had the radio plugged into the sound for the video, weird lol
just ordered the tower... that guy is a total hacker! lol you were on a roll, plus the track looks alot easier then what it was. Im gonna try and go soon, not sure when though, you need to come to sdrc, the soft opening day guess who was there! Gil Losi Jr. and he actually signed the wall by the pro shop also kevin burnett from the chargers came today with his losi eight 2.0 electric and his kids with there slashs!!
Old 04-27-2011, 11:25 PM
Tech Master

just ordered the tower... that guy is a total hacker! lol you were on a roll, plus the track looks alot easier then what it was. Im gonna try and go soon, not sure when though, you need to come to sdrc, the soft opening day guess who was there! Gil Losi Jr. and he actually signed the wall by the pro shop
Hahhaha Wallnuts got into me for sure but he's usually pretty clean and super fast when he is clean. But yeah if he's having a bad run, he can ruin it for everyone This time I think it was just shortcourse trucks doing what they do and I just ended up the worse for it The track is definitely an easier run than the last time you were there, but it's really fun! It's much more fun to drive than the layout looks because of the elevation changes that don't really show well on the video. I'll have to check SDRC out sometime. It's like an hour and a half from me, so I'll have to go visit my SD buddies and use that as an excuse to go to SDRC! Gil Losi Jr. is such a nice guy! That's really cool he was there and signed the wall. I've met him a few times at OCRC and honestly, just talking to him, you'd never know he's one of the most influential people the hobby has ever seen. Super humble and nice guy. His son Michael is racing now also.
Old 04-27-2011, 11:33 PM
Tech Master

Hahhaha Wallnuts got into me for sure but he's usually pretty clean and super fast when he is clean. But yeah if he's having a bad run, he can ruin it for everyone This time I think it was just shortcourse trucks doing what they do and I just ended up the worse for it The track is definitely an easier run than the last time you were there, but it's really fun! It's much more fun to drive than the layout looks because of the elevation changes that don't really show well on the video. I'll have to check SDRC out sometime. It's like an hour and a half from me, so I'll have to go visit my SD buddies and use that as an excuse to go to SDRC! Gil Losi Jr. is such a nice guy! That's really cool he was there and signed the wall. I've met him a few times at OCRC and honestly, just talking to him, you'd never know he's one of the most influential people the hobby has ever seen. Super humble and nice guy. His son Michael is racing now also.
It looks sweet! Ill make a trip up there sometime with my losi buddy, and ya dude just let me know when you want to go so i can see if im going. Its pretty crazy that he was there, and was pretty crazy just that he was there considering the only people who knew about it was the people on Socal-rc.com and ofcourse people telling others that a track is opening in san diego.
Old 04-27-2011, 11:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

My buddy just finished this for me! Not sure if i should even put headlights/tail lights...what ya think?
Old 04-28-2011, 12:15 AM
Tech Master

HGrove,
That's sick!!! I never really thought about it, but the Losi body DOES look like a Toyota with the TRD hood scoop! Love it, it's simple but looks great. Very cool and looks like something you'd see out at the CORR races! I vote yes for the grill and the Losi headlight covers

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.