Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Got my new diff pins in the mail today. Thanks Losi
Old 04-27-2011, 07:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by badassrevo View Post
Got my new diff pins in the mail today. Thanks Losi
Curious, how long ago did you ask HH for them ?
THX
Old 04-27-2011, 07:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

This is the 2nd set they sent me. the first set came in like 3 days.
They were the interim pins. These are the new hardened pins. I got my truck the day they were released and called about the pin issue as soon as it was posted on the forum. I have been running Chrispins since new.
Old 04-27-2011, 08:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

I inquire because I had to ask them for a second set today when I did a inspect on the rear diff, they were much worse than I expected to see.

I did catch it early enough to be able to reuse the spider gears, thankfully.

Now the wait starts ?
Old 04-27-2011, 08:33 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by badassrevo View Post
This is the 2nd set they sent me. the first set came in like 3 days.
They were the interim pins. These are the new hardened pins. I got my truck the day they were released and called about the pin issue as soon as it was posted on the forum. I have been running Chrispins since new.
Seriously? I called Horizon on 3/10/11 and have not seen anything. I was told I would get the "interim" set in a few days then the "real" pins would be mailed later. NOTHING

I'm sure glad I kept my ofna to race. This Losi "buy a truck and tear it apart" stuff is a big P.I.T.A.
Old 04-27-2011, 08:46 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Murdered 5T View Post
Seriously? I called Horizon on 3/10/11 and have not seen anything. I was told I would get the "interim" set in a few days then the "real" pins would be mailed later. NOTHING

I'm sure glad I kept my ofna to race. This Losi "buy a truck and tear it apart" stuff is a big P.I.T.A.
Um if you didnt already know sc10 gear diff pins work perfectly.
I did this way before i waited for replacements, which are still in the package, dont really need them. Like i said the sc10 pins work perfect.
Old 04-27-2011, 09:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Originally Posted by SC_RAGE View Post
I did this way before i waited for replacements, which are still in the package, dont really need them. Like i said the sc10 pins work perfect.
ALOT of people dont know about sc10 pins at my Local Track. Not everyone lives and breathes on the forums
Old 04-27-2011, 09:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Feint Motion View Post
ALOT of people dont know about sc10 pins at my Local Track. Not everyone lives and breathes on the forums
Sounds like ALOT of people are not smart enough to get out a set of calipers and start measuring then.
Old 04-27-2011, 09:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

anyone know when the adjustable hingepin holders are supposed to be back in stock?
Old 04-27-2011, 09:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Im not sure if anyone has had this problem, but yesterday when i got back from my local track, SDRC, I noticed my rear shock tower (upgraded Losi aluminum tower) was bent. Before i changed it to that one, my stock one bent too and many other people i drive with. Im wondering if anyone has bent the upgraded one? Also has anyone had problems with the Carbon Fiber ones? Im just wondering because I drive hard with all my trucks but never bent a aluminum tower before and on this truck ive bent 2 on the rear.
Old 04-27-2011, 09:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper View Post
I am going by my own experience with sensorless motors. The Xcelroin 8th scale system was sensorless and you could feel the inconsistancy when trying to down side critical doubles and through rythm sections.
Excuse me Casper...it's Xcelorin, but close enough hahahha I just had to do that buddy. Oh yeah, I got RB's back Or maybe you just liked it so much, that you stole the name from him! THIEF!!! You gonna be at the track this weekend?
Old 04-27-2011, 10:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 185 (99%+)

Originally Posted by Ridley View Post
anyone know when the adjustable hingepin holders are supposed to be back in stock?
I thought you was getting Webers since he hates his truck. Oh wait i forgot the AE truck won't be out for another few well we all know how that goes
Old 04-27-2011, 10:08 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SC_RAGE View Post
So, I should go spend more money on some associated parts to make this right? Sounds like a smart move to me.
Originally Posted by Feint Motion View Post
Exactly...
Originally Posted by jrherald420 View Post
Sounds like ALOT of people are not smart enough to get out a set of calipers and start measuring then.
Why should they be? I (and MANY others)bought this thing to drive NOT to tear it apart and re-engineer the damn thing. What about the screws that snap when you try and take your diffs apart? Break out the calipers!?!? Give me a break.

Did Bill Gates buy out Losi? I know there are fixes out there. That's not the point. So what? I get a little baggie with some diff pins in it. What about my time fixing LOSI's problem? This is the first Losi product I have purchased and it has sitting in a box for over a month and a half.
Old 04-27-2011, 10:10 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Old 04-27-2011, 10:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pink_sleeve View Post
I thought you was getting Webers since he hates his truck. Oh wait i forgot the AE truck won't be out for another few well we all know how that goes
You know how Weber is....he hates it..he likes it...he hates it...he's retiring....he comes back....he retires again....lmao.

Yeah, so I'm looking for some hingepin holders

I might just make some out of carbon fiber if I can't find any

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.