Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 07:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

does anyone have a pic of the 1979 f-250 body mounted on the scte? i was wanting to see if the wheel base, and bumpers looked right with it.
Old 04-25-2011, 07:28 PM
KIK
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Is this the one?

Old 04-25-2011, 07:34 PM
Tech Master

yes sir, thanks alot!!! could i get you to post one from the side
Old 04-25-2011, 07:39 PM
KIK
Tech Addict

That's a friends truck. If you decide to get that body, I would shoe goo the heck out of it. His first time out he split the body (top of rear fender where it meets the bed, all the way up to the back of the cab).
Old 04-25-2011, 07:42 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by KIK View Post
That's a friends truck. If you decide to get that body, I would shoe goo the heck out of it. His first time out he split the body (top of rear fender where it meets the bed, all the way up to the back of the cab).

when i saw it in the hobby store, thats what i said about it. it looks weak there. so i will be looking at something else.

thanks for the info, it really helped
Old 04-25-2011, 07:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Integra View Post
Randy P has made comment to using the trim as described above is NOT recommended. Granted this was for the Rs/RsPro, But i wouldn't be surprised if it was the same for the RX8. Push Control is what you want.
Well it's working your esc, potentially in a bad way when just sitting still. This trim doesn't have to be left forward all the time, just when you want... go up on the stand dail in what trim you already figured out you needed and start the race. This won't hurt any ESC, but if you have push control use it... it doesn't work the same but it is close and you can leave it on all the time. I only race, so I'm not worried about it.. I pick my car up walk it to the track turn it on toss it down walk up the steps and start racing. When the race is over I shut it off and toss it on the table. There is no idle time in my case.

So I agree if you have push control use it, expecially if you like the way it feels.
Old 04-25-2011, 08:25 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Cult Racing View Post
I am! anything to help not endo.
Just wondering? Not being a smartass. Are you staying on the power @ the take off lip of the jump? Also, if the nose starts to dive did you try and hit the throttle? If you peg the gas, the gyroscopic force of the tires spinning, usually will bring the nose right up. Especially with a 4x4.
Old 04-25-2011, 08:27 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike View Post
Do NOT use the trim to turn on brakes. First off this will prevent the system from arming properly next time you power it up. Secondly it will create a "locked rotor" issue and is not good for the esc long term.

Brake or throttle, I would assume its the same for both.
Old 04-25-2011, 08:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

All Sensor wires are universal and I didn't know there was a wire holder on the back of tekin motors. Sensor harness is held in pretty tight so I don't see a need for it
This is not good advice according to TEKIN.
We all know sensor wires are frail and just like the frailness of Neu motor wires they should be tied down as not to get damaged.
Tekin includes it in your motor/esc combos for a reason, USE IT!
Old 04-25-2011, 08:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 185 (99%+)

That can also happen if the painter scores the body to deep through the liquid mask...
Old 04-25-2011, 08:48 PM
KIK
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by pink_sleeve View Post
That can also happen if the painter scores the body to deep through the liquid mask...
Are you calling Paintmonster a rookie??
Old 04-25-2011, 08:56 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KingdomRacer View Post
This is not good advice according to TEKIN.
We all know sensor wires are frail and just like the frailness of Neu motor wires they should be tied down as not to get damaged.
Tekin includes it in your motor/esc combos for a reason, USE IT!

I personally dont like pinching my sensor wires into the little hoop, So to alleviate any sensor wire woes, I run a Super Soft CRC wire and its never flinched once. Ran it all last year in my 1/8 and all this past winter in 1/10 TC. Imo the wire tekin includes along with almost every other ESC mfg, Is too Stiff and its only a matter of time till a wire breaks causing issues (1/8 especially)
Old 04-25-2011, 08:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 185 (99%+)

Are you calling Paintmonster a rookie??
Hmmm.... No but I don't see how a body could fall apart any other way on its first run. Or it could have been trimmed wrong around the rear. Lexan doesn't normally just split in two no mater how thin
Old 04-25-2011, 09:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Integra View Post
I personally dont like pinching my sensor wires into the little hoop, So to alleviate any sensor wire woes, I run a Super Soft CRC wire and its never flinched once. Ran it all last year in my 1/8 and all this past winter in 1/10 TC. Imo the wire tekin includes along with almost every other ESC mfg, Is too Stiff and its only a matter of time till a wire breaks causing issues (1/8 especially)
As long as it is tied down is my main suggestion, however you do it is up to you.
But, to say the sensor wire stays in all by itself and not to see a need for a clip or tie-down of some sort is another thing all together (which was the reason for my 1st post on this).
Either way the clip that TEKIN includes works for me but I know what you mean by all these sensor wires being too stiff that causes the most problems.
Old 04-25-2011, 09:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pink_sleeve View Post
Hmmm.... No but I don't see how a body could fall apart any other way on its first run. Or it could have been trimmed wrong around the rear. Lexan doesn't normally just split in two no mater how thin
I had a eRevo land on my SC10 and split my 09 Champ body at the cab first two laps out. Even more reason for me to hate Traxxas.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.