Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 07:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

If castle would just stick some sensors in those 14 series motors, they would be perfect.

4 pole motors have way more torque than the 2 pole 550s and won't be nearly as gearing sensitive and much more tolerant of heat.
Old 02-07-2011, 08:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by S/X Runner
What pistons are you running? The 2 hole 1.0mm's?
Whoops, sorry. I was referring to the pistons that will come stock with the vehicle which are the number 3 pistons. They have a 1.05mm hole.
Old 02-07-2011, 08:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker07
Whoops, sorry. I was referring to the pistons that will come stock with the vehicle which are the number 3 pistons. They have a 1.05mm hole.
Oh wow. ok. So your running 3 hole 1.05mm with 27.5 all the way around?

How about anti squat? 2? What are you guys using for the anti squat plates?
Old 02-07-2011, 08:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Salad,
That looks like that will be my new motor for this thing. Lighter, same or more torque as a 550, longer run times, looks pretty smooth for not being sensored, I'm in. Now who has got just the motor for sale???
Old 02-07-2011, 08:26 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by flysullivan
I need help and dont have time to read back through the now 47 posts....

I just ordered the Ten-scte and want to go ahead and buy all the hop ups and goodies. Can you list for me everything i need. I know you said it works well stock but i want it all :-). This is what i know of now: aluminum rear hubs, carbon towers, and aluminum shock caps. You also said something about the protrak wheels right? Thanks in advance!
Carbon towers to take some weight off. One piece upper shock mounts as they are more durable and easier to use. Adjustable front and rear pivot supports. Give you tuning options and are lighter. (win/win). The alum rear hubs are nice as the rear hubs are the only thing we have seen break on a consistant basis. Still requires a really good hit to break a rear hub but it can be done.

8B titanium tie rods save some weight and they have deeper threads on them so the rod ends bite better for more durability in keeping your toe and camber settings from changing like some have expereince. (I have not had a problem with the kit setup).

Alum shock tops and alum collars only add 4grams per set of shocks. They look really neat. Collars are a little easier to adjust and the shock tops will be stronger although with the SC body never really worried about the stock tops. For the 810 I would definately go this way as the shocks are much more exposed.

There will be a few more things coming as well.

Here is a page with all the part numbers.

http://www.losi.com/Products/Related...s&SubCategory=

Originally Posted by DrKnow65
I must say that this truck looks like a sure fire successful racer, but I'm concerned about the weight.
I like to use high voltage stuff, and I'm not sure I could add the weight and still be race worthy.

Would the weight saving hop-up parts that are available add up to save me ~120grams?
I think you could get close to 40 grams saved with the just the adjustable pivots, titanium tie rods. I am not sure how much lighter the carbon towers are. The car works fine heavy. Lets not worry too much about the weight!

Originally Posted by flysullivan
SX. I apologize. Im having a bad day. Really what i was asking was what besides the obvious things should i buy. For example, the 8ight B titanium....do you use the 8ight B ends or the stock ones?
I would stick wtih the 10 ends. The titanium tie rods have deeper threads on them and the stock ends work even better with the titanium tie rods.

What pistons are you running? The 2 hole 1.0mm's?
We are running the #3 pistons that come with the SCTE.
Old 02-07-2011, 08:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Do the #3 shock pistons for the SCTE have 4 holes at 1.05mm? The answers havent been clear.

I have the stock Ten pistons and drilled 2 new holes at 1.3mm. I just recently switched to lighter fluid and it is like a whole new truck! I went from 37.5 in the rear to 27.5 and from 40 to 30 in the front. I also put in some rebound too, about 1/3 in the rear and 1/4 in the front.
Old 02-07-2011, 09:07 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by SaladFork
Can I use the "It was the first time I used this motor" excuse?
does RX8 provide more energy than MMP in 2s setting ???
Old 02-07-2011, 09:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KainK
Do the #3 shock pistons for the SCTE have 4 holes at 1.05mm? The answers havent been clear.

I have the stock Ten pistons and drilled 2 new holes at 1.3mm. I just recently switched to lighter fluid and it is like a whole new truck! I went from 37.5 in the rear to 27.5 and from 40 to 30 in the front. I also put in some rebound too, about 1/3 in the rear and 1/4 in the front.
Yes, the #3 pistons have 4 holes at 1.05mm. We are running 27.5 all the way around with black up front and silver in the rear as far as springs. Ride height is at 31/29 but thinking of trying even lower. We have a little rebound in the front and id say about a 1/4 in the rear. We have been playing with actually taking out anti-squat. In the adjustable pivots, we are running the 1 adjuster or insert down.
Old 02-07-2011, 09:13 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Have you guys had any issues with the rear driveshaft going to the rear gearbox being at a angle like that wearing out the drive cups
Old 02-07-2011, 09:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

Yes, the #3 pistons have 4 holes at 1.05mm. We are running 27.5 all the way around with black up front and silver in the rear as far as springs. Ride height is at 31/29 but thinking of trying even lower. We have a little rebound in the front and id say about a 1/4 in the rear. We have been playing with actually taking out anti-squat. In the adjustable pivots, we are running the 1 adjuster or insert down.
Good info. I think I'll get to run my new truck with 7,7,2 4 hole 1.10mm 35/27.5 with black springs and ride height at 30.5/28mm.

5,3,3 sounds very weird. I might end up going 30/27.5 with black/silver just see what you are talking about.

Stock has zero anti squat?
Old 02-07-2011, 09:41 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by NUZUM
Have you guys had any issues with the rear driveshaft going to the rear gearbox being at a angle like that wearing out the drive cups
The rear drive shaft is straight. It is the front one from the front diff to the center diff. You tend to wear out the pin in the drive shaft over time. The stock cups will wear some as well. I use some losi "great grease" on the pin and they seem to last longer. This is the same issue we have had with the 8ight. They will wear but it usually takes a while becomes a maintaince item.

Good info. I think I'll get to run my new truck with 7,7,2 4 hole 1.10mm 35/27.5 with black springs and ride height at 30.5/28mm.

5,3,3 sounds very weird. I might end up going 30/27.5 with black/silver just see what you are talking about.

Stock has zero anti squat?
The 5,3,3 is weird. It seems to work pretty well though. I was skeptical. I liked 5/7/2 setup as it was stable but 5/3/3 seems to be faster. I converted my truck over the last time I was out but need to do a little more tweaking on it.

Truck comes with 3 deg of toe and 2 deg of antisquat. We are playing with 1 deg of antisquat right now Using the adjustable pivot supports.
Old 02-07-2011, 09:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 227 (100%+)

Salafork...great review! I just wanted to ask a question:

- Did you owe the guy driving the black truck money or something cuz he sure seemed to be after you?

How does the torque feel compared to the 550 sized motors?

Originally Posted by SaladFork
I dropped the 4 pole Castle motor in the Ten SCT tonight. As everyone mentioned who has tested the motor... It rips hard, and the temps came off at 125º after the A-Main, which I got 2nd.

I was a doubter but no I will add it to the list of motors I would recommend. I used a 14T pinion with the 43T spur, I have not checked the pack on how many mah it pulled out. You could run a 15T no problem. I ran it with the RX8 with 10 on the timing. I tried to run a smaller body from a SCRT but it looked funky but weighed 6oz versus the body I ran tonight which is 10oz. So this pushed the truck weight to 6lbs 15oz, 10oz more than Castle recommends... Had zero effect on the motor from what I could tell.

Here is a video right after the main...

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 02-07-2011, 09:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Casper
The 5,3,3 is weird. It seems to work pretty well though. I was skeptical. I liked 5/7/2 setup as it was stable but 5/3/3 seems to be faster. I converted my truck over the last time I was out but need to do a little more tweaking on it.

Truck comes with 3 deg of toe and 2 deg of antisquat. We are playing with 1 deg of antisquat right now Using the adjustable pivot supports.
Thanks bro. Just to be clear the SCTE, Ten-T and the 810 are the same for the anti squat, correct?
Old 02-07-2011, 10:18 AM
Tech Prophet

Yes.

The SCTE does run slightly narrower pivots which is a running change for the Ten-T and 810 from my understanding but they all run the same toe and antisquat settings out of the box. The adjustable pivot supports are the same for all 3 cars and are the SCTE width.
Old 02-07-2011, 10:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Casper
Yes.

The SCTE does run slightly narrower pivots which is a running change for the Ten-T and 810 from my understanding
Please explain. I'm not sure what this means.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.