Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2011, 09:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by godofcable
i called around to a few LHS today looking for Mod 1 pinions. No one carries the ones with the 3mm bore. Some told me the 32P pinions were close enough, and they had them in 1/8" bore.

I've not heard this before, anyone know if 32P pinions are close to Mod 1?

Also not sure if 3mm equates to 1/8"....To the Google!!!!
DO NOT use 32P pinions, they're similar to Mod .8 not Mod 1. Luckily it sounds like Branden is taking care of you. He's a good guy, that's really cool of him, Good Karma to him! Enjoy your truck!
Old 04-22-2011, 11:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by larlev
Jeff...did you try the Hobbytown in lakeland, florida? Also the one in San francisco called Pacific Coast hobbies. They had a few.
Hobbytown in Lakeland is an awesome store, talk to Kevin he will get you going. i raced with him a long time and even worked there with him a few years.
Old 04-22-2011, 11:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Integra

1015's Will Not Take Unregulated for very long Nor will JR 9000/9100 series servo's.

Some of the lower end (Non Ti geared) Hitec's will also take Unregulated No problems.
I have been running JR 9100's unregulated for over a year with no issues Just watch the endpoints, and anyone wanting to do so should be fine. I run direct power to my Spektrum RX, and have no issues with rx/servo/transponder. YMMV.
Old 04-23-2011, 01:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KingdomRacer
Originally Posted by Email from Hitec
ORIGINAL: tohm

We have tested the HS-7955 with 7.4V lipo packs and have not had any adverse problems. Many of our team drivers/pilots have been doing this for some time now. The spec sheets will probably not change, as they were written in 2007, way before we did actual testing with the higher voltages.

At 7.4V, the torque is 387oz/in and the speed is .13sec.

Tony Ohm
Hitec/Multiplex USA
Ya Castle 2400 combo with Hitec7955tg and m11x radio no prob with my 100 spectrum radio = problems!! So for me its only a problem with the cheaper radio set up!
Old 04-23-2011, 01:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SC_RAGE
Top of the morning to ya. Today is a fine sunny day in good old seattle. Might go do a little bashing. Get the track queen off the track. lol
Dang Rage,so pleasant this morning!!
Old 04-23-2011, 06:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Ridley
I have been running JR 9100's unregulated for over a year with no issues Just watch the endpoints, and anyone wanting to do so should be fine. I run direct power to my Spektrum RX, and have no issues with rx/servo/transponder. YMMV.
cool I got a 9100t jr and am gonna try and bump the voltage up a little to be on the safe side. I think I noticed a little glitch on the track last time out well see today If I get a chance to practice.
Old 04-23-2011, 06:33 AM
Tech Addict

Looking for all of the SCTE diet options I can find. Chris is offering a TI hinge pin set, but I haven't seen anyone put TI turnbuckles on a SCTE yet. Will a TI turnbuckle set from an 8ight work on the SCTE? Are there other options?
Old 04-23-2011, 06:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dirtracer1
Looking for all of the SCTE diet options I can find. Chris is offering a TI hinge pin set, but I haven't seen anyone put TI turnbuckles on a SCTE yet. Will a TI turnbuckle set from an 8ight work on the SCTE? Are there other options?
lunsford makes a scte set.. I snagged the front four, leaving the stock rears for better f/r balance. There is a set on amain as well. What is the weight savings on the pins? I'd consider those.
Old 04-23-2011, 07:12 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ridley

Interesting, I watched a 9000S and 9100S Smoke within Minutes of having unregulated applied to them, 1 was on a spec radio the other a Futaba.
Old 04-23-2011, 07:30 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jeff Bartlett
Call it what you want, desperation or stupidity Like many im having trouble finding a new SCTE. Im willing to paypal anyone $30 who can help me to locate a new/inbox SCTE from a hobby shop in the U.S. that is willing to ship to Wi.

Email me at [email protected]

I will send the money once the deal is done! I will follow through with the tips in the order that I recieve them. Thanks!
Just wanted to thank everyone who sent me tips on where to find a truck! Thanks to ABSTRACTZEN (excuse the spelling) who found one for me! Once I have delivery (shipped) confirmation he will be $30 richer Just to make sure im using this forum properly.. im not sure if it has been mentioned but someone posted how to get the grease out of the gears on the diffs. Its a common trick for 1/8 scale guys but I use a "diff dunker" (A-main) and a small mason jar full of Naptha solvent (hardware store). It works Great and fast to clean the gears.
Old 04-23-2011, 07:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Integra
Interesting, I watched a 9000S and 9100S Smoke within Minutes of having unregulated applied to them, 1 was on a spec radio the other a Futaba.
wow I hope 6.5 ain't too much. I was figureing half a volt would be ok. hope it don't smoke up. anyone else done this, or seen someone else do this?

how did it turn out?

just curious I seen that tip that was posted a little bit ago about how to run power from the battery straight to the reciever just curious about that instead of buying a bec, if I end up needing one.
Old 04-23-2011, 08:05 AM
Tech Apprentice

Has anyone run a jconcepts truth v2 body on their scte? If so, do you have any pics? Thanks.
Old 04-23-2011, 09:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wcrase101
wow I hope 6.5 ain't too much. I was figureing half a volt would be ok. hope it don't smoke up. anyone else done this, or seen someone else do this?

how did it turn out?

just curious I seen that tip that was posted a little bit ago about how to run power from the battery straight to the reciever just curious about that instead of buying a bec, if I end up needing one.
I'm in same boat. Where was the posts regarding battery to receiver?

I'm about to see if 7v will not fry my Savox 1258. I really don't need 400 of torque in a servo...man thats strong.
Old 04-23-2011, 10:15 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wcrase101

how did it turn out?

I think you will be OK.. I'm running @ 6.5v into my Savox servo.. Everyone says to NOT GO OVER 6v. It's been fine so far
Old 04-23-2011, 10:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by larlev
I'm in same boat. Where was the posts regarding battery to receiver?

I'm about to see if 7v will not fry my Savox 1258. I really don't need 400 of torque in a servo...man thats strong.

Sell that MMP and buy an RX8 and dont worry about running an external BEC or direct power . I got tired of bangin my head against the wall trying fixes for my MMP . Castle needs to address this issue once and for all IMO . Maybe if people stop using the MMP they will ?

Really not here to bash Castle as they are a great company and do make great products (I own 5 MMM systems and 2 MMP ESC's) I just think the MMP needs some beefing up .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.