Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 10:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SCTRacerX View Post
Finally got the GPS put on the 3800(Im bored sorry) and ran it on a 3s 40c 5000mah GensAce with 16/40 gearing and wow I am pretty impressed! 51.5 MPH not bad Pack wasn't even fresh Probably used at least a 1000mah before "speed run". The castle 4 pole 3800 is a little BEAST, even sounds mean as it howls down my street things louder than my 1512/2650. Maybe need to throw a 4s or 5s on the 2650 to get her howling I guess. Man my hobby shop has 2 SCTE if the other one doesn't pan out I might be able to find one for for $30.00!
New track just finished near me sounds AWESOME!! Has a new course, new like 20ft drivers stand, and free camping, can bring dogs, and the guy brings a mobile hobby shop to the outdoor track. Can't wait to run. I looked at the line up for the first couple races it's mostly slash's and Team Ass. so I might have a chance has some huge triples though Might be to big have to se here's a link with a short video of the new facilityhttp://area54rc.com/ in Urbana,Oh
Just because we registered with a slash doesn't mean we aren't bringing losi's lol, Look me up at the opening race, I will have the big starcraft aruba camper and the fast losi
Old 04-21-2011, 11:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SaladFork View Post
To late, I already got it.

I been eyeballin that one also.

Oh I thought its already there before I post it ayt!
Old 04-22-2011, 04:34 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KingdomRacer View Post
The first thing I did to my shafts was get them coated
These guys are pretty good and offer something way smoother and harder than TiNitride it's called Alpha coating
Here's a link for the coating and it's cheap, $4 a shaft but there is a $30 dollar limit so I always get it done on all my shafts at once before the season.
http://www.tincoat.net/coatings/alpha.html
here's a pic of my shafts.
thanx for the tip.. but i live in Asia so its not viable to send them the shafts.. shipping both ways takes too long, and would probably cost nearly as much as a new set!!
eyeing the proline powerstrokes.. any comments or are there other shocks i should look at?
btw i've had quite a few sets of shocks and this is the 1st time i've seen the coating came off, so just bad luck i guess..
Old 04-22-2011, 05:25 AM

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I thought that I saw someone made stronger and thicker rear arms for SCTE, did they update for trucks?
Old 04-22-2011, 05:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Just a tip: use at your own risk..

I was at the track last night and swapped my tekin rspro out for my mmp and the mmp was having a hard time dealing with the losi hi-torque servo I had installed in it and I knew right away what was wrong.. granted this was my xxxxsct.

Long story short, one of the local pros told me he has been running a jumper off his lipo all season from the battery right into the rx, obviously this only would work on 2s lipo setups. But I figured what the heck.. it worked well, can't say it was my best night driving but I did change my setup for outside and we raced inside again so the truck was a lot more tippy than normal.

So for anyone having some twitching or glitching.. this may just be your answer w/o spending extra $$. Again at your own rist, cheap electronics may not tolerate the little bit of extra voltage but my stuff all ran great and he has been running all season w/ this setup.

EDIT: make sure you remove the center wire on the ESC plug if you run a BEC or this bypass
Old 04-22-2011, 06:34 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KingdomRacer View Post
I sent them my 2 sets of 8ight 2.0 shock shafts and the Ten-SCTE shock shafts and only paid $48 + shipping.
The thing is they will charge you a little more if they have to do anything to the shafts themselves, like poishing them or taking off the Ti-Nitride coating.
So I avoid this by sending them in with no coating on the shafts whatsoever and make sure there very clean.
Hydrogen Peroxide from your medicine cabinet is all you need to take off Ti-Nitride coating but it will take a couple of days of soaking due to it's low % of acid in the medicine cabinet type, but it gets the job done and is way safer.

Polish the Ti-Ni Off. Ive done it with hinge pins when they start to wear normally.
Old 04-22-2011, 07:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Took her out for the first time yesterday and this truck is so fun and it makes me feel like i am faster too, will see sat at the races.

Here is a pic.
Old 04-22-2011, 07:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Just an FYI guys , the J Concepts 1979 Ford F250 body for the Slash/SC10 is a great fit on the SCTE . I will post pics after I paint it .
Old 04-22-2011, 07:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mototech View Post
Tuesday after work came home to my new Mugen MBX-6 M-Spec buggy. Put the SCTE on hold to get the Mugen up and running. Couldn't find a SCTE anywhere so I decided to wait for the second batch. Already got my chrispins. Keep seeing the release date for the second batch pushed farther back. Oh well. Then late Tuesday night/Wednesday morning I see a post from miket3 about Nankin Hobby having them in stock. I read a few more pages and find a post for $25 off coupon. I go on their site and register and order the truck UPS ground, thinking I'll have it sometime next week. When I see the delivery date it says Thursday! I didn't even look to see where Nankin Hobby was located. Michigan is ALOT closer than Cali, where I usually order from if I can't get it locally. Michigan to Illinois=big win for me! Came home tonight to a new SCTE on my doorstep. Now what to do? Get the buggy running or the SCTE? I don't know if funds will allow both at the same time. Decisions decisions......
Get the Mugen up and running...I've got one with Tekin system and it is a blast....Not dissing on my SCTE I have two of them but I absolutely love my Mugen
Old 04-22-2011, 07:49 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I always thought you had a BEC hooked up to your MMP? Did you experience the glitching with the BEC?

Originally Posted by 8ight-e View Post
Just a tip: use at your own risk..

I was at the track last night and swapped my tekin rspro out for my mmp and the mmp was having a hard time dealing with the losi hi-torque servo I had installed in it and I knew right away what was wrong.. granted this was my xxxxsct.

Long story short, one of the local pros told me he has been running a jumper off his lipo all season from the battery right into the rx, obviously this only would work on 2s lipo setups. But I figured what the heck.. it worked well, can't say it was my best night driving but I did change my setup for outside and we raced inside again so the truck was a lot more tippy than normal.

So for anyone having some twitching or glitching.. this may just be your answer w/o spending extra $$. Again at your own rist, cheap electronics may not tolerate the little bit of extra voltage but my stuff all ran great and he has been running all season w/ this setup.

EDIT: make sure you remove the center wire on the ESC plug if you run a BEC or this bypass
Old 04-22-2011, 07:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

morning folks. about to place an order for the remaining parts I need to complete my truck. I have a few ?'s...

Anyone know what the capacity of the differentials is? The standard sized tube of Losi is 30ml, which is roughly have the size of AE's 2oz bottle, at double the price (?). Any reason I can't use AE diff fluid? How far would 2 oz get me? One bottle per diff? Or could one bottle do two diffs as i want to run the same weight in the front and middle, and a slightly thinner in the back.

Also, I'm going to run the MMP with a Castle 1410 motor. I saw on page one the recommended pinion starting point of 13-17. Thinking of starting at 14T and monitoring heat. I will be running on a fairly large outdoor track, but occasionally on a smaller indoor track. I'd rather tune for the smaller track to start.
Old 04-22-2011, 07:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I'm running the Tekin RX8 with the SC4X 4.5T motor. Doesn't seem to have the top end I'm looking for-I have to keep the pinion at a 14 to avoid overheating. Do you think the Novak Ballistic would be a better choice...I've heard it runs cooler so maybe I can up the pinion size.

Second question if anyone is running the Castle 2400 motor what are you gearing it at. I have two Losi's with two different systems one tekin one castle. Just the way I roll
Old 04-22-2011, 08:00 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chiatw73 View Post
thanx for the tip.. but i live in Asia so its not viable to send them the shafts.. shipping both ways takes too long, and would probably cost nearly as much as a new set!!
eyeing the proline powerstrokes.. any comments or are there other shocks i should look at?
btw i've had quite a few sets of shocks and this is the 1st time i've seen the coating came off, so just bad luck i guess..
just put 1/8 buggy shocks on it they work way better than the cheap ones that come with it
Old 04-22-2011, 08:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

id like to find out if this new one fits

Old 04-22-2011, 08:10 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by godofcable View Post
morning folks. about to place an order for the remaining parts I need to complete my truck. I have a few ?'s...

Anyone know what the capacity of the differentials is? The standard sized tube of Losi is 30ml, which is roughly have the size of AE's 2oz bottle, at double the price (?). Any reason I can't use AE diff fluid? How far would 2 oz get me? One bottle per diff? Or could one bottle do two diffs as i want to run the same weight in the front and middle, and a slightly thinner in the back.

Also, I'm going to run the MMP with a Castle 1410 motor. I saw on page one the recommended pinion starting point of 13-17. Thinking of starting at 14T and monitoring heat. I will be running on a fairly large outdoor track, but occasionally on a smaller indoor track. I'd rather tune for the smaller track to start.

A Bottle of Diff oil will Do a Heck of a lot more then a couple diffs.

Originally Posted by Benny 13 View Post
id like to find out if this new one fits

100% Fits.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.