Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 07:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SaladFork View Post

Chris does include all the pins, you will be fine.

And the wheels from the SC10 will not fit the SCTe, right offset but wrong adapter. Losi uses 12mm hex and AE uses the hated pin.
no, i understand that. What I mean is am i looking for pins sorta like the drive pins in the SC10 wheels?
Old 04-21-2011, 07:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jeff Bartlett View Post
Call it what you want, desperation or stupidity Like many im having trouble finding a new SCTE. Im willing to paypal anyone $30 who can help me to locate a new/inbox SCTE from a hobby shop in the U.S. that is willing to ship to Wi.

Email me at [email protected]

I will send the money once the deal is done! I will follow through with the tips in the order that I recieve them. Thanks!
pm you
Old 04-21-2011, 07:59 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Finally got the GPS put on the 3800(Im bored sorry) and ran it on a 3s 40c 5000mah GensAce with 16/40 gearing and wow I am pretty impressed! 51.5 MPH not bad Pack wasn't even fresh Probably used at least a 1000mah before "speed run". The castle 4 pole 3800 is a little BEAST, even sounds mean as it howls down my street things louder than my 1512/2650. Maybe need to throw a 4s or 5s on the 2650 to get her howling I guess. Man my hobby shop has 2 SCTE if the other one doesn't pan out I might be able to find one for for $30.00!
New track just finished near me sounds AWESOME!! Has a new course, new like 20ft drivers stand, and free camping, can bring dogs, and the guy brings a mobile hobby shop to the outdoor track. Can't wait to run. I looked at the line up for the first couple races it's mostly slash's and Team Ass. so I might have a chance has some huge triples though Might be to big have to se here's a link with a short video of the new facilityhttp://area54rc.com/ in Urbana,Oh
Old 04-21-2011, 08:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Integra View Post
Here i was thinking this was gonna be a place in the UK, Nope....Couple 5-6 hours south. Thx for the tip KR.

http://www.tincoat.net/coatings/alpha.html

Can we ask what they might charge for a dozen or so shafts ?
I sent them my 2 sets of 8ight 2.0 shock shafts and the Ten-SCTE shock shafts and only paid $48 + shipping.
The thing is they will charge you a little more if they have to do anything to the shafts themselves, like poishing them or taking off the Ti-Nitride coating.
So I avoid this by sending them in with no coating on the shafts whatsoever and make sure there very clean.
Hydrogen Peroxide from your medicine cabinet is all you need to take off Ti-Nitride coating but it will take a couple of days of soaking due to it's low % of acid in the medicine cabinet type, but it gets the job done and is way safer.

Last edited by KingdomRacer; 04-21-2011 at 08:17 PM. Reason: forgot about shipping
Old 04-21-2011, 08:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by godofcable View Post
no, i understand that. What I mean is am i looking for pins sorta like the drive pins in the SC10 wheels?
I gotcha now... So when you pull the hex off the pin doesn't fall out, or take your wheel off and the hex sticks in the wheel and the pin magically disappears. I gotcha.

When I get a sec I will measure the pins on the SCTe and report back, I have a feeling they are just a little to big.
Old 04-21-2011, 08:24 PM
Tech Master

edited...

Last edited by sir miles; 04-21-2011 at 08:38 PM.
Old 04-21-2011, 08:40 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by SCTRacerX View Post
Finally got the GPS put on the 3800(Im bored sorry) and ran it on a 3s 40c 5000mah GensAce with 16/40 gearing and wow I am pretty impressed! 51.5 MPH not bad Pack wasn't even fresh Probably used at least a 1000mah before "speed run". The castle 4 pole 3800 is a little BEAST, even sounds mean as it howls down my street things louder than my 1512/2650. Maybe need to throw a 4s or 5s on the 2650 to get her howling I guess. Man my hobby shop has 2 SCTE if the other one doesn't pan out I might be able to find one for for $30.00!
New track just finished near me sounds AWESOME!! Has a new course, new like 20ft drivers stand, and free camping, can bring dogs, and the guy brings a mobile hobby shop to the outdoor track. Can't wait to run. I looked at the line up for the first couple races it's mostly slash's and Team Ass. so I might have a chance has some huge triples though Might be to big have to se here's a link with a short video of the new facilityhttp://area54rc.com/ in Urbana,Oh
Have you tried your 3800 on 2S? Whats your gearing and temps?
Old 04-21-2011, 08:51 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by sir miles View Post
edited...
To late, I already got it.

I been eyeballin that one also.
Old 04-21-2011, 09:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

finally got everything mounted up and charged my battery. Wow i am loving this truck already and havent even been to a track yet. Im grinning ear to ear
Old 04-21-2011, 09:24 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Christmas in April

Tuesday after work came home to my new Mugen MBX-6 M-Spec buggy. Put the SCTE on hold to get the Mugen up and running. Couldn't find a SCTE anywhere so I decided to wait for the second batch. Already got my chrispins. Keep seeing the release date for the second batch pushed farther back. Oh well. Then late Tuesday night/Wednesday morning I see a post from miket3 about Nankin Hobby having them in stock. I read a few more pages and find a post for $25 off coupon. I go on their site and register and order the truck UPS ground, thinking I'll have it sometime next week. When I see the delivery date it says Thursday! I didn't even look to see where Nankin Hobby was located. Michigan is ALOT closer than Cali, where I usually order from if I can't get it locally. Michigan to Illinois=big win for me! Came home tonight to a new SCTE on my doorstep. Now what to do? Get the buggy running or the SCTE? I don't know if funds will allow both at the same time. Decisions decisions......
Old 04-21-2011, 10:04 PM
Tech Master

Default Body Mounts

To those of you who have both the 2wd and the 4wd Losi trucks, do they use the same body mounts? I broke one of mine and need to replace it. Since the 2wd has been out for a while, I imagine it will be pretty easy to find them. But if they're different, then it may be difficult to find replacements.
Old 04-21-2011, 10:04 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Mototech View Post
Tuesday after work came home to my new Mugen MBX-6 M-Spec buggy. Put the SCTE on hold to get the Mugen up and running. Couldn't find a SCTE anywhere so I decided to wait for the second batch. Already got my chrispins. Keep seeing the release date for the second batch pushed farther back. Oh well. Then late Tuesday night/Wednesday morning I see a post from miket3 about Nankin Hobby having them in stock. I read a few more pages and find a post for $25 off coupon. I go on their site and register and order the truck UPS ground, thinking I'll have it sometime next week. When I see the delivery date it says Thursday! I didn't even look to see where Nankin Hobby was located. Michigan is ALOT closer than Cali, where I usually order from if I can't get it locally. Michigan to Illinois=big win for me! Came home tonight to a new SCTE on my doorstep. Now what to do? Get the buggy running or the SCTE? I don't know if funds will allow both at the same time. Decisions decisions......

buggybuggybuggy!
Old 04-21-2011, 10:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911 View Post
To those of you who have both the 2wd and the 4wd Losi trucks, do they use the same body mounts? I broke one of mine and need to replace it. Since the 2wd has been out for a while, I imagine it will be pretty easy to find them. But if they're different, then it may be difficult to find replacements.
Yes the 2wd body fits perfectly on the 4wd....
Old 04-21-2011, 10:07 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Shirk View Post
Yes the 2wd body fits perfectly on the 4wd....
Body MOUNTS not bodies lol Thanks though. Maybe you know the answer to that one too though!
Old 04-21-2011, 10:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911 View Post
Body MOUNTS not bodies lol Thanks though. Maybe you know the answer to that one too though!
Oops my bad, I don't know if the body mounts are the same...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.