SCTE
Tekin 4.5
Tekin RX8
Thunder Power 7.4V 5300 65C
Hitec 7985 Servo
Airtronics MT-4
Ford Raptor Body

This thing rips it! No complaints
Attached Thumbnails Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread-punkinpoop.jpg   Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread-setup.jpg  
Old 04-21-2011, 07:00 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by BmainStar
Dude,the Miley Sirus lunch box is out of stock? I am pissed!
Dude I was just looking for one of those!
Old 04-21-2011, 07:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Originally Posted by russp
Dude I was just looking for one of those!
Hey russ, You should check out Milestone, They have a new track layout thats off the chain
Old 04-21-2011, 07:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MarqueeRc
I'm getting flamed on the Rc shortcourse forum for posting that I didn't think the Castle sidewinder esc (or aka Sv2 9 b/c there the same) was not a good option for this truck..Haven't i read about many ppl trying this esc on the Ten-T Scte with bad results??Aren't these esc's a bad idea for this truck??
It's not a good idea to use the Sidewinder ESC in this truck, or any 4wd really. While some have used it with a fan, why use something you constantly worry about. 8ight smoked one in a matter of minutes when he tried it. Use the right tool for the right application and be worry free (as I say).

Be careful on RCSC, I would hate to have to give you an infraction.

Originally Posted by godofcable
Howdy folks....posted a few times on here, but now its official...I own a ten scte!

so i have chrispins on order. I'm sure it'll be clear as day when I get the pins, but I assume there are 2 in each diff.

I have a 2wd SC10, are they comparable to the drive pins for the SC10 wheels?
Chris does include all the pins, you will be fine.

And the wheels from the SC10 will not fit the SCTe, right offset but wrong adapter. Losi uses 12mm hex and AE uses the hated pin.
Old 04-21-2011, 07:09 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by punkinpoop
SCTE
Tekin 4.5
Tekin RX8
Thunder Power 7.4V 5300 65C
Hitec 7985 Servo
Airtronics MT-4
Ford Raptor Body

This thing rips it! No complaints
Raptors are cool!! I own a REAL one. There's no doubt I'll be getting one of those bodys. I don't know if I'll paint it same as my truck; that might be gay.Lol!
Old 04-21-2011, 07:09 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Revoke36
I dunno bro. You got flammed (unrightfully) pretty hard on the AE SC104x4 thread too. What gives?! lol Those guys are cycnical and only hear themselves speaking. I do recall reading somewhere from Castle that they do not recommend that ESC in the Ten SCTE.
I don't understand what gives dude?? I had to drop links direct from the Castle website, with there esc's limits, which this truck does not accord with, but this one guy on the rcshortcourse forum wants me to come up with more evidence..Thing is he is trying to steer ppl into thinking that it is a viable brushless esc for this heavy, tough, yet elegant truck..LOL
Old 04-21-2011, 07:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by arrtay
Sounds pretty good!! But, will it still haul ass with just the 5.5?
Yes it will still haul Donkey with the 5.5 and a 16t! I am running the same set up but at 14t on a tite indoor would temp at 145.I ran last night wit the 17t and it hauled Donkey! But was tempted at 165-170 at the 8 min mark a little warm for me am running a little timing too!
Old 04-21-2011, 07:12 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MarqueeRc
I don't understand what gives dude?? I had to drop links direct from the Castle website, with there esc's limits, which this truck does not accord with, but this one guy on the rcshortcourse forum wants me to come up with more evidence..Thing is he is trying to steer ppl into thinking that it is a viable brushless esc for this heavy, tough, yet elegant truck..LOL
Ya I read the thread over there. You gave him alot of proof. I try not to go to rcsc to often. There seems to be alot of uneducated people there and I just leave angry.
Old 04-21-2011, 07:14 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Feint Motion
Hey russ, You should check out Milestone, They have a new track layout thats off the chain
Really? Sweet I may go check it out sunday afternoon. Have they been racing there or just open for practice? Its been a long while since I've been there. know last year they tried to get a racing program going but I never really took off for some reason.
Old 04-21-2011, 07:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Originally Posted by russp
Really? Sweet I may go check it out sunday afternoon. Have they been racing there or just open for practice? Its been a long while since I've been there. know last year they tried to get a racing program going but I never really took off for some reason.
Last saturday that had a Event called "bring what you brung" Basicly split into classes depending on what was brung. There were ALOT of 4x4's out there. only 1 2wd. Most of the 4x4's being slashes lol. I was out there with my losi, but I had diff issues :-/

They are doing it 1 day out the month I think, Usual practice on the weekends though. Its slowing building back up, Should be alot of racers this summer.
Old 04-21-2011, 07:21 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Cool

Originally Posted by Ripped
Yes I am running this system..
I need to get the 14 mm tuning rotor for it to help control temp issues, but it runs great.. You will need at least a 6000mah lipo. It sucks the juice..
Yep, gotta get some serious batteries for this thing... Thanks for your reply. I pulled the trigger on it. I'm going to give it a shot.
Old 04-21-2011, 07:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chiatw73
was cleaning up the truck and all, decided to do the front droop thing. but found the shock shafts to be corroded i know its a matter of time b4 i need to replace the shafts or shocks..
any options for better shocks for the truck, hopefully with Ti-Nitride Coated Shock Shafts dat can work with this truck? Proline powerstroke?

thanx
The first thing I did to my shafts was get them coated
These guys are pretty good and offer something way smoother and harder than TiNitride it's called Alpha coating
Here's a link for the coating and it's cheap, $4 a shaft but there is a $30 dollar limit so I always get it done on all my shafts at once before the season.
http://www.tincoat.net/coatings/alpha.html
here's a pic of my shafts.
Old 04-21-2011, 07:35 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KingdomRacer
These guys are pretty good and offer something way smoother and harder than TiNitride it's called Alpha coating
Here's a link for the coating and it's cheap, $4 a shaft but there is a $30 dollar limit so I always get it done on all my shafts at once before the season.

Here i was thinking this was gonna be a place in the UK, Nope....Couple 5-6 hours south. Thx for the tip KR.

Can we ask what they might charge for a dozen or so shafts ?
Old 04-21-2011, 07:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KingdomRacer
Very cool!
Old 04-21-2011, 07:39 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Ok, i've been wanting to get some things out there for a couple weeks now.. i'm sure some will get instantly pissed and some will say yah, i saw that coming also..

Start off here
SCTE bought new when they first came out

Ran it 6 times (5-6mins each time) before the whole pin problem was on the web..
stopped running it, bought some of the same pins as chrispins..
But by this time the diff pin wear had caused the diff side gears and diff outdrives to wear faster than they should have..

So i got new ten-t center diff, installed r52 hardened pins and ran it for a month (less than 30 packs through it now) and finally deceided to tear it down completely to check it all out again..

my findings are fairly disturbing (or at least to me??) Pretty much all the drivetrain is wearing out way to fast.

Couple points/parts that broke or are worn to the point of needing replacements already..

AFTER max of 30 packs (5-6 min each) Setup is 2S scx4 4.5 rx8
1.R52 Diff pins (mcmaster usa) are still like new
2.inner diff gears are all fairly worn, chances are some will fail before another month of use
3.Diff case/outdrive bushing/outdrive have way to much slop in them metal parts show wear and diameters of metal in wear areas are smaller than original
4.the outdrive oring/shim setup is possibly a factor in the outdrives slop. The orings have worn a groove in the shim and the pin is also showing wear in middle where it rocks back/forth in hole in outdrive shaft
5.diff side gears have a small shim behind them that has worn themselves into the square aluminum block and i mean all the way in, just like the shim isn't there anymore
6.center diff outdrive is notched more then it should be after a month of use
7.the reason i did a full teardown... only had 2wd due to front center driveshaft missing the pin/holder in the cv joint.. The pin wore the hole so large it eventually popped the pin out from the inside

So to sum it all up the power of the electronics on these scte's is pretty much to much for the parts/designs of the drivetrain starting at the center diff where the most power is unloaded and working its way through the rest of the drivetrain and out to the wheels.

YES, it does suck alot.. NO i don't hate losi's.. NO i'm not getting rid of my SCTE..

LOSI: the diff pins are just the first part of the drivetrain to fail, the rest of it needs attention also.. I can wait until you get it figured out no problem with that.. But don't just send me diff pins, when the worn diff pins after 6 packs also took out my gears and complete center diff..

Please get these issues fixed so i can commit to racing this thing..
thanks

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.