Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 04-15-2011, 12:27 PM
  #6691  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3,553
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by gidi-up View Post
Ryan, thanks on the update. I apologize if I came off like I was blaming Losi, I know for a fact of why it broke. I did not call Horizon to complain about the bumper, it was to just get information of stock status and if it would be the updated version from your post, which the Tech was great to offer a new updated one after we talked for a bit.

I was just very disappointed it worked out this way to not receive the version I was told to expect. I was counting on getting the new version to test out, then if as expected then purchase for the other 2 of our SCTE's. I have 3 SCTE's, my bumper broke from being rear ended and one other did a tail slam on a jump, the 3rd one is going fine so far, my oldest boy is a great driver and lucky so far on a few near misses. Not having a rear bumper that can handle traffic or jumps for us "challenged drivers" just opens up the rest of the truck to possible damage. I have reconstructed the 2 broke rear bumpers from other RC rear bumpers and it is hold up so far...

We race at 2 different tracks, the Indoor clay there are 6 SCTE's that run and all the bumpers are fine so far, the other is the outdoor clay track and the rear bumpers do not fair so well.


Thanks on a great SCT, it has been a joy for all of us to own and drive, finally proud when someone asks what type of SCT is that, it is sometimes hard to say Losi and smile at the same time.

Thanks again.
Its all good...I think I was just being rammed a lot that day, lol...so sorry. Feel like being a tester for the updated bumper? If so, pm me. And sorry guys, I only got three of these to test so please dont ask me for it. LOL
hacker07 is offline  
Old 04-15-2011, 12:29 PM
  #6692  
Tech Master
iTrader: (45)
 
StPete40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Land O' Lakes
Posts: 1,326
Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Bondonutz View Post
Q for the Losi reps.

I see on Horizons website the SCTE will be in stock end of April, I called and spoke to someone and they couldn't confirm this. Do you guys have any "inside" info on this being fact or not and can I assume they will be equiped w/new pins.

Thank you gentlemen,
Jeff
I thought I'd never get Jeff to convert to the SCTE. He had to drive it all the way to the first turn before he was convinced! Please get this man an SCTE so he does not have to continue to endure the humiliation of being challenged by hack drivers such as myself.
StPete40 is offline  
Old 04-15-2011, 12:33 PM
  #6693  
Tech Master
iTrader: (4)
 
larlev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Austin, Tx.
Posts: 1,534
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Our shop has no new ship date.....bummer.

Good news is I found one local...well sorta local. 150miles away. Leaving tomm to snag it.

I need to ask this again I'm sure. I apologize. Hobby shop has one Mamba max pro sct(2400kv) system in stock. Would this be a good choice and what extra pinion/spurs should I pick up. Being that it's a long drive, I want to get everything while I am there.
What about just running the Traxxas brushless system until I decide on motor/esc. Would this combo be OK temp. for racing?
larlev is offline  
Old 04-15-2011, 12:34 PM
  #6694  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3,553
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Bondonutz View Post
Q for the Losi reps.

I see on Horizons website the SCTE will be in stock end of April, I called and spoke to someone and they couldn't confirm this. Do you guys have any "inside" info on this being fact or not and can I assume they will be equiped w/new pins.

Thank you gentlemen,
Jeff
I can tell you there are still some out there in shops...few, but some. The next shipment will be small but should be in like 3-4 weeks. When I say small, I mean like less than 200. Then after that...its hard to say. Trust me, we wanted these forever ago. But we had to get the diff pin issue resolved and now we have one more issue to resolve that popped up as a mold busted. But we are finding a good quick solution and will be back underway soon enough.
hacker07 is offline  
Old 04-15-2011, 12:39 PM
  #6695  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (33)
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 341
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

There is a post on our LHS classified forum,
a guy has a NIB SCTE for sale.... and a TLR 22

I dont know him... just passing this on....

It was still for sale last nite at 9:30........

http://www.mikeshobbyshop.com/phpBB3...php?f=9&t=7890
silversam is offline  
Old 04-15-2011, 12:40 PM
  #6696  
Tech Master
iTrader: (45)
 
StPete40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Land O' Lakes
Posts: 1,326
Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by larlev View Post
Our shop has no new ship date.....bummer.

Good news is I found one local...well sorta local. 150miles away. Leaving tomm to snag it.

I need to ask this again I'm sure. I apologize. Hobby shop has one Mamba max pro sct(2400kv) system in stock. Would this be a good choice and what extra pinion/spurs should I pick up. Being that it's a long drive, I want to get everything while I am there.
What about just running the Traxxas brushless system until I decide on motor/esc. Would this combo be OK temp. for racing?
The 2400 would be a great 3S system (its what I run). I'd get 12 thru 18 pinions for 3S. For 2S I think the 3800 would be a better choice. Traxxas system should be usable on 2S, but will overheat on 3S.
StPete40 is offline  
Old 04-15-2011, 12:42 PM
  #6697  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (3)
 
shadowracer24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: lakeland fla.
Posts: 824
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Drusillus View Post
The backorder on this truck is ridiculous. I placed my order Feb 20th. First its BO'd till 4/6, then 5/20 then the date changes to 4/15 now its June 20th.

the waiting game is upsetting. I guess this gives me time to touch the ASC 4x4.
Look up Hobbytown in lakeland fla. and give Mark a call. He has three new in the box sitting on his shelf and does ship.
shadowracer24 is offline  
Old 04-15-2011, 12:44 PM
  #6698  
Tech Master
iTrader: (4)
 
larlev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Austin, Tx.
Posts: 1,534
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by silversam View Post
There is a post on our LHS classified forum,
a guy has a NIB SCTE for sale.... and a TLR 22

I dont know him... just passing this on....

It was still for sale last nite at 9:30........

http://www.mikeshobbyshop.com/phpBB3...php?f=9&t=7890

Thanks just called him...left message
larlev is offline  
Old 04-15-2011, 12:48 PM
  #6699  
Tech Master
iTrader: (4)
 
larlev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Austin, Tx.
Posts: 1,534
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by StPete40 View Post
The 2400 would be a great 3S system (its what I run). I'd get 12 thru 18 pinions for 3S. For 2S I think the 3800 would be a better choice. Traxxas system should be usable on 2S, but will overheat on 3S.
I can only run 2s on local track...thanks for the info
larlev is offline  
Old 04-15-2011, 12:49 PM
  #6700  
Tech Master
iTrader: (4)
 
larlev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Austin, Tx.
Posts: 1,534
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by shadowracer24 View Post
Look up Hobbytown in lakeland fla. and give Mark a call. He has three new in the box sitting on his shelf and does ship.
He has one left...$299 plus $35 shipping give or take.
larlev is offline  
Old 04-15-2011, 12:49 PM
  #6701  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (25)
 
AnonymousUser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: San Diego, Ca
Posts: 307
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by larlev View Post
I can only run 2s on local track...thanks for the info
That combo with 18-20t pinions should be good to go, I have it in my truck right now.
AnonymousUser is offline  
Old 04-15-2011, 12:53 PM
  #6702  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 129
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by larlev View Post
Our shop has no new ship date.....bummer.

Good news is I found one local...well sorta local. 150miles away. Leaving tomm to snag it.

I need to ask this again I'm sure. I apologize. Hobby shop has one Mamba max pro sct(2400kv) system in stock. Would this be a good choice and what extra pinion/spurs should I pick up. Being that it's a long drive, I want to get everything while I am there.
What about just running the Traxxas brushless system until I decide on motor/esc. Would this combo be OK temp. for racing?
traxxas vxl system wont be enough for the scte, i hit temps as high as 200* on mine for the short time i used it. it'd be over 160* in 10 mins easy. this is with a 13t pinion too.

a lot of people in this thread use the mmp sct combo on 2s and love it. some say you need 3s for it. read back a bit and you'll see it mentiond quite a bit.
Kotu100 is offline  
Old 04-15-2011, 12:56 PM
  #6703  
Tech Master
iTrader: (4)
 
larlev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Austin, Tx.
Posts: 1,534
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Thank you both...I'll get it then, with 18-20t pinions

Can that system run 3s also? Do most race events limit SC trucks to 2s? Is it a ROAR rule?
larlev is offline  
Old 04-15-2011, 01:01 PM
  #6704  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 129
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by larlev View Post
Thank you both...I'll get it then, with 18-20t pinions

Can that system run 3s also? Do most race events limit SC trucks to 2s? Is it a ROAR rule?
you'd have to ask your local track about their regulations.

my local track doesnt really have any limits, 3s is faster, but not as easy to control.

oh and you can run 4s with that combo, the mmp will do 6s
Kotu100 is offline  
Old 04-15-2011, 01:06 PM
  #6705  
Tech Master
iTrader: (4)
 
larlev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Austin, Tx.
Posts: 1,534
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Kotu100 View Post
you'd have to ask your local track about their regulations.

my local track doesnt really have any limits, 3s is faster, but not as easy to control.

oh and you can run 4s with that combo, the mmp will do 6s
Thanks, I was just curios if I could use 3s if I wanted to. The more options the better. LOL
Might want to go fast in front of the house every now and then just because I can.

Truck and MMP 2400kv sct combo on hold for tomm. I am a happy man right now.

Thank you both for your help...it is greatly appreciated
larlev is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.