Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 04-15-2011, 09:08 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by SaladFork
I ran mine a weekend with grease and it was glued to the track. Every since switching to oil it's been a little harder to hang on to at speed.
I've noticed that as well, I may just switch to a thicker dif lube. I'm at 5-5-3now, I may go 7-7-5 and see how that does. I kind of miss the grease.
Old 04-15-2011, 09:15 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by snwchris
Looking to make the jump to the Losi SCTE and have been reading thru here off and on and I know what I'm about to ask has probably been talked over numerous times.

I'm looking at one with the Tekin 4.5 & RX8 or going with the Novak 4.5 MMP/havoc pro

Chris
Tekin gets my vote.
Old 04-15-2011, 09:25 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Drusillus
The backorder on this truck is ridiculous. I placed my order Feb 20th. First its BO'd till 4/6, then 5/20 then the date changes to 4/15 now its June 20th.

the waiting game is upsetting. I guess this gives me time to touch the ASC 4x4.
I understand your frustration but the diff pin issue needed to be resolved before production of the next batch could be completed and shipped. It will be worth the wait!
Old 04-15-2011, 09:50 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Casper
I understand your frustration but the diff pin issue needed to be resolved before production of the next batch could be completed and shipped. It will be worth the wait!
Some folks just don't seen the big picture. I know most must have read what we went through with the first batch of TEN-SCTEs. They don't want a repeat issue. You guys that are waiting and waiting will get a more solid rig. No pins to worry about......that's going to be a big plus.
Old 04-15-2011, 10:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gidi-up
WOW ,did any of you actual read my post or just pick out portions you took notice to? If any of you that have responded actually read the entire contents and took note of what I stated...

Ahh, forget it, this a useless point to continue in a forum of perfect drivers...

I made my point and for those looking for the answer "Are the new bumpers that are coming out in April the upgraded versions, if so how can we tell before purchasing?"

The answer is: Not upgraded at this time from what I received and don't waste your money at this time to purchase this, if you or some other racer broke the original, this one will meet the same demise.

Maybe at a later date the new version will come out but by then T-Bone or RPM should have their version out with the Lifetime guarantee for the imperfect/unfortunate few of us
The stock bumper is not a waste of time or money. For many it is working great. I finally got all the pieces and am currently having others test the updated rear bumper.
Old 04-15-2011, 10:12 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FangsCPO
Drop your timing advance to 10.

I'm running Tekin SC4x 4.5T RX8 geared at 14/40, timing at 10 and current limiter at 90 and my temps after a 7 minute heat are about 150. You don't need all that timing. Also check to see if you have any binding in your drive train.

You shouldn't be heating up that much with 5.5T. Also, consider changing the "crazy glue" grease in your diffs to diff oil, start at 5-5-3 and you'll see just how much drag goes away once you do that as well. Good Luck!!
Thanks FangsCPO. I was thinking the same thing about changing the grease over to oil I am just waiting for the Chris diff pins I ordered to arrive. I will also bring down the timing advance to 10. Hopefully the temps will go down.
Old 04-15-2011, 10:14 AM
Tech Adept

Would the 3800 work with the Havoc pro? I didn't see if it would run sensorless anywhere.
Old 04-15-2011, 10:23 AM
Tech Elite

Default Updated Arm

Some of you asked for it so here is the update to the rear arm...again, its a running change and there is no problems with the stock one...this is just even stronger.
Attached Thumbnails Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread-reararm.jpg  
Old 04-15-2011, 10:36 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

hi Ryan,

any idea on when the Differential Gear Set /housing will be in stock? lost 3 outta 4 shims and manage to strip a screw and looking for replacement..
Old 04-15-2011, 10:38 AM

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dietz
Would the 3800 work with the Havoc pro? I didn't see if it would run sensorless anywhere.
I know guy who ran w/Hobby Wing SC8 esc, it works great.
Old 04-15-2011, 10:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Anybody else notice the VERY tight fit of the bearings in the aluminum rear hubs ? I bought a set of alloy hubs for my Hyper 10SC that had the same issue and when I tried to get the bearing out it broke and the outer race was stuck in the hub .

So I took the anodizing off of the hubs and the bearings are a perfect fit and will be easy to remove when they need to be replaced .

Just a little tip
Old 04-15-2011, 10:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker07
Some of you asked for it so here is the update to the rear arm...again, its a running change and there is no problems with the stock one...this is just even stronger.
WOW FOR REAL? I emailed Jammin Jay quite a few times about the bumper and upper front a-arms on the SCRT, I also called but got no where. That truck needed a massive update. They need to take lessons from you guys.

But Losi, a few guys mention they are breaking arms (i've never broke one) and they do a running change to make them even more bulletproof? This just doesn't happen in business anymore. Kudos Ryan, I had no idea support for a R/C could be this good.
Old 04-15-2011, 10:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Gotta give you guys props for how fast you are making running changes to the car.
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by chiatw73
hi Ryan,

any idea on when the Differential Gear Set /housing will be in stock? lost 3 outta 4 shims and manage to strip a screw and looking for replacement..
The diff gear set will be a bit. Sorry to say that, but just being honest. This is the reason for the BO status on the trucks. To all those trying to get by running the stock pins, please change them and do not ruin your diff gears. Those shims are available through kyosho seperately, they are just a 3mm shim.

I am checking on the diff case as most everything else will be in stock as of the end of this month as we got a 4th shipment air shipped but those cases arent on any of them. It shows 5/12 right now, but we are trying to get them sooner.
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Ryan,
That looks great! I personally haven't had any problems with my arms (knock on wood). But it's great to see that you guys not only are listening, but are being proactive about changing things such as this. Great job!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.