Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 07:28 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Cult Racing View Post
The diff grease is actually pretty good, remember the video i posted of my friend kyle at 702? that was all stock and stock grease, he actually won the silver state expert 4wd sct race with the grease too.
I didn't say the grease was bad, I just said that the thickness can cause a little additional drag. I notice my rig free rolls a heck of alot farther now that I've changed the grease to diff oil. Just my .02.
Old 04-14-2011, 07:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cult Racing View Post
The diff grease is actually pretty good, remember the video i posted of my friend kyle at 702? that was all stock and stock grease, he actually won the silver state expert 4wd sct race with the grease too.
LOL... Losi is missing the boat by not packaging and selling this magic grease!!

I never even drove mine with the grease. But when they first came out there were a bunch of guys around here that ran the stock grease and really liked it too.
Old 04-14-2011, 07:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FangsCPO View Post
I didn't say the grease was bad, I just said that the thickness can cause a little additional drag. I notice my rig free rolls a heck of alot farther now that I've changed the grease to diff oil. Just my .02.
oh, i never really noticed.

Originally Posted by jhautz View Post
LOL... Losi is missing the boat by not packaging and selling this magic grease!!

I never even drove mine with the grease. But when they first came out there were a bunch of guys around here that ran the stock grease and really liked it too.
lol, ya when i drove mine with grease in it, it actually was pretty good! I drove it at West Coast Rc and handled pretty good even though we were using stock tires on a clay track lol.
Old 04-14-2011, 07:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I ran mine a weekend with grease and it was glued to the track. Every since switching to oil it's been a little harder to hang on to at speed.
Old 04-14-2011, 08:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pballer2777 View Post
can someone please post pics of the castle bec installed. i'm alittle confused to where the wires get soldered in.
Ill post one just a second let me go get my camera.
Old 04-14-2011, 08:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Looking to make the jump to the Losi SCTE and have been reading thru here off and on and I know what I'm about to ask has probably been talked over numerous times.

I'm looking at one with the Tekin 4.5 & RX8 or going with the Novak 4.5 MMP/havoc pro

Chris
Old 04-14-2011, 08:09 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by snwchris View Post
Looking to make the jump to the Losi SCTE and have been reading thru here off and on and I know what I'm about to ask has probably been talked over numerous times.

I'm looking at one with the Tekin 4.5 & RX8 or going with the Novak 4.5 MMP/havoc pro

Chris
go with the tekin set up, its well worth it, talking to a guy that just switched from mmp to a rx8
Old 04-14-2011, 08:11 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by hacker07 View Post
I have to say...for you to come on here and post that you got a FREE replacement for something you broke and then say you are glad you didnt pay for it because it is not upgraded...I take that personally, that hurts.

I have been running the stock rear bumper for over 6 months now with no issues as have MANY others. I am sorry you broke one, but c'mon...

It was not my fault it broke, slammed in the rear by another SCTE during a heat race, that's racing. I called into Horizon to see when back in stock, told him my story and the person offered a replacement, then stated it should have been the newer style, very good CS.

I was counting on a upgraded rear bumper as you stated you improved earlier in this Forum and CS indicating it was. Then to my disappointment it was not improved as I was led to believe. I told the Horizon person if it was not the new/improved version there was no need to send and thanks for the offer.

This rear bumper breaking happened to 2 different SCTE's this last race, one of the other guys SCTE broke the rear bumper, tore the rear shock off, ripped the rear A-arm off due to the front and rear Pivot mounts bent, it was a hard hit, it happens. The other was a high jumper that tail landed.

I posted this due to other have been asking if the new bumpers would have the improvement, it was a way to inform them this is not the case, hence the purpose of a Forum. Then if I would have paid for this it would have been returned as it is not strong enough from my experience and the fate of others I have witnessed, sorry just the facts, appears I am not as lucky as y'all.

So I am disappointed in this reply coming from a person like you, then thinking you know all the facts of "the breakage being my fault", ...I take that personally, that hurts.
Old 04-14-2011, 08:22 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by gidi-up View Post
It was not my fault it broke, slammed in the rear by another SCTE during a heat race, that's racing. I called into Horizon to see when back in stock, told him my story and the person offered a replacement, then stated it should have been the newer style, very good CS.

I was counting on a upgraded rear bumper as you stated you improved earlier in this Forum and CS indicating it was. Then to my disappointment it was not improved as I was led to believe. I told the Horizon person if it was not the new/improved version there was no need to send and thanks for the offer.

This rear bumper breaking happened to 2 different SCTE's this last race, one of the other guys SCTE broke the rear bumper, tore the rear shock off, ripped the rear A-arm off due to the front and rear Pivot mounts bent, it was a hard hit, it happens. The other was a high jumper that tail landed.

I posted this due to other have been asking if the new bumpers would have the improvement, it was a way to inform them this is not the case, hence the purpose of a Forum. Then if I would have paid for this it would have been returned as it is not strong enough from my experience and the fate of others I have witnessed, sorry just the facts, appears I am not as lucky as y'all.

So I am disappointed in this reply coming from a person like you, then thinking you know all the facts of "the breakage being my fault", ...I take that personally, that hurts.
Ok im not a awesome racer as most people on here are probably and havent broken anything from the day i got it which was the first like couple days it was out, but the point im trying to get at is, how the hell do you rip off a shock and the a-arm and bend the pivot mounts? what are you guys doing with these trucks? running 4s and launching them from a cliff? seriously ive never heard of that before
Old 04-14-2011, 08:24 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

wow, Bending Steel Toe plates.
Old 04-14-2011, 08:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SaladFork View Post
I was witness to both your Novaks going up in smoke, the last one brand new out of box actually caught fire. I also witnessed your MMP going up in smoke as well as you watching my MMP smoke at A52 before the main. Oh good times sitting around and smokin electronics. It's like 420 for R/C parts.
HAHAHAHAHAHAH! 420 for ever!
Old 04-14-2011, 08:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Just received a new rear bumper replacement from Horizon, it is the same as the original stock, no strengthening updates, glad I did not pay for this.

I talked with Rick at T-bone last week and he is working on a rear bumper, so hopefully soon.

I must not have gotten the piece of paper in my box with the truck that said "This truck is the offspring of Chuck Norris and Charlie Sheen"

Can you scan yours so I can see what it looks like?
Old 04-14-2011, 08:39 PM
Tech Regular

if it happens on the racetrack as a result of a crash

it's your fault, not losi's

if you're going to have collisions with things, sometimes they're going to break.
Old 04-14-2011, 08:40 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by AnonymousUser View Post
I must not have gotten the piece of paper in my box with the truck that said "This truck is the offspring of Chuck Norris and Charlie Sheen"

Can you scan yours so I can see what it looks like?
can you say WINNING? lol
Old 04-14-2011, 08:43 PM
Tech Adept

ROFLMAO!!! I'll have to look for that Certificate when I buy mine!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.