Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 08:13 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

[The question I have is the Novak going to be enough to push the heavier SCTE around? The Novak is a 1/10th esc, but the SCTE is 1/8th based, and is heavier. Or should I go with an 1/8th scale speedo?

The Novak is advertised as a short course speed control and 550 motor compatable.

Anyone have any first-hand experience with the Novak Pro SC.....is anyone planning on using the Novak in their SCTE?

Thanks for the help.[/QUOTE]

i run the pro sc and a hv novak 4.5 550 in my jammin. not sure which is heavier but they are very similiar. gonna pre order the new losi and this system is gonna go in it. right now running a 10t pinion and alot of timing advance. need to get a bigger pinion.i tqed last race with this system. cant wait to get it in the losi!
Old 02-01-2011, 11:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Ive been reading the AE thread and i am really glad i made the LOSI choice,which to say it was'nt hard for me! The AE guys are over there claiming they are not gonna have a hard time at all being as fast or faster then Kortz or Bradley....and those guys are pretty bad ass with those Jammin and Offna trucks (DIALED) ! Ive been running my slash against those trucks since they came out ,and i have no problem beating them....its the 2 guys at my track with the converted LOSI 10-T'S that i cant beat !So they all can battle it out with Jammin's and the Offna's allday long while the LOSI'S are out front ! Man im really liking all this brand name smack talking !

JUST REMEMBER ITS ALL FUN AND GAME'S TILL I GET HURT!!
Old 02-01-2011, 11:26 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by stinky4skin View Post
Ive been reading the AE thread and i am really glad i made the LOSI choice,which to say it was'nt hard for me! The AE guys are over there claiming they are not gonna have a hard time at all being as fast or faster then Kortz or Bradley....and those guys are pretty bad ass with those Jammin and Offna trucks (DIALED) ! Ive been running my slash against those trucks since they came out ,and i have no problem beating them....its the 2 guys at my track with the converted LOSI 10-T'S that i cant beat !So they all can battle it out with Jammin's and the Offna's allday long while the LOSI'S are out front ! Man im really liking all this brand name smack talking !

JUST REMEMBER ITS ALL FUN AND GAME'S TILL I GET HURT!!
Yes, IMO it's rather, I don't know how to say it, wrong for a company representative (AE) to flat out say that their is basically absolutely ZERO competition against their truck. From what AE has said about how fast their truck is, I expect their truck to win every single race by a whole lap, no matter the driver now.

Losi I give it to y'all. Y'all have GREAT customer service it looks like and I don't think I have read one time from ANY of y'all that this Losi truck is absolute so great that their is ZERO competition for it and that it is above and beyond better than anything is out their. You stand behind your product and matter of fact I've heard y'all say too that the Ofna and Jammins are great trucks. I'm sure this Losi is a great truck also!

AE is stating that it was EASY to beat the Ofna, jammin, and even y'alls lap times!!!!
Old 02-01-2011, 11:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Some people take this stuff too seriously.

Rick was just sayin their truck should be faster than the Jammin or Ofnuh. He never said "OFNUH AN JAMUN AN LOWSEE SUCKZ, BAI ASOSEEATUD"

All of them are badass trucks, in their own right.

ThunderbirdJunkie has always been stuck as a Losi guy racing Associated cars. He likes Losi's stuff, a LOT, and has recently made the switch to the XXX-SCT and retiring the SC10 to basher duty.

Is that saying the SC10 sucks? Absolutely not.

But, again, if you want to split hairs...Associated did something that Losi didn't...and that's why ThunderbirdJunkie has the Associated truck on preorder.

Having both the SC10 and the XXX-SCT...he'll probably have the Ten-SCTE before too long after getting the SC10 4x4...but there is absolutely no reason to bring brand-bashing into this argument. RC cars have gotten so good over the past decade that it doesn't matter if you're running an RC10B3 or an XXX-CR in 2w buggy, or an XX-T CR or RT5 in 2w truck, if you're a good driver...you will win. Period.

The brand-bashing needs to stop. There's no reason for it. Everything now is awesome. Deal with it.
Old 02-01-2011, 11:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by T-BirdJunkie View Post
The brand-bashing needs to stop. There's no reason for it. Everything now is awesome. Deal with it.
One of the smartest comments i've read on this board in a great while.... Even if it was written in the third person POV.
Old 02-02-2011, 12:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Well stinky4skin says its fun,and its like talking about Ford vs CHEVY ! Like I said its all fun and games.....if u can't see that then stop talking about yourself in third person and maybe you will see that!
Old 02-02-2011, 04:42 AM

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default hahaha

Losi-chevy.
Associated-ford
Old 02-02-2011, 05:25 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper View Post
I was never on rc10b4 (I have not raced a AE car since about 94) but I am the same guy on the rest of them!

I will have to double check to make sure you can't run the Xcelorin on 2S but is says 3-5s in the specs. Anyway the current stuff has been discontinued so I would still look at other stuff until a new line comes out (I don't know when so don't ask! ). The only way to get the 8th or 10th speedo's right now is to get the combo's it looks like.

I just got the 1/10 Xcelorin speedo and was going to buy the team epic D3 pro-4 4.5 550 for this truck. Should i get something diff or should this work out just fine.

thanks for the help
Old 02-02-2011, 05:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gibsonk042000 View Post
I just got the 1/10 Xcelorin speedo and was going to buy the team epic D3 pro-4 4.5 550 for this truck. Should i get something diff or should this work out just fine.

thanks for the help
That should be just fine for the truck.
Old 02-02-2011, 05:59 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by skyler hays View Post
i run the pro sc and a hv novak 4.5 550 in my jammin. not sure which is heavier but they are very similiar. gonna pre order the new losi and this system is gonna go in it. right now running a 10t pinion and alot of timing advance. need to get a bigger pinion.i tqed last race with this system. cant wait to get it in the losi!
Thanks for the input skyler. I'm pretty sure that the Novak will get the job done, and I'm still leaning heavely towards buying the Novak, but my concern for the Novak was if it will be running warmer temps as opposed to an 1/8th esc.....and if so.....how much warmer.

I live in Florida and will be again racing on an outside track so temps are a bit of a concern for me. It comes with a fan....right? Is it enough to keep it cool enough to not be a worry?
Old 02-02-2011, 06:14 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dirtracer1 View Post
Thanks for the input skyler. I'm pretty sure that the Novak will get the job done, and I'm still leaning heavely towards buying the Novak, but my concern for the Novak was if it will be running warmer temps as opposed to an 1/8th esc.....and if so.....how much warmer.

I live in Florida and will be again racing on an outside track so temps are a bit of a concern for me. It comes with a fan....right? Is it enough to keep it cool enough to not be a worry?
Go 1/8 scale and you will have no prob. Why take a chance with 1/10 scale. To hot down there to take a chance with 1/10 scale in the summer !!!!
Old 02-02-2011, 06:33 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Does anyone have any release date information? Also does anyone know if the Castle/nue 2650 will fit in the new Team Assc. 4x4 SCT? It looks like the losi will handle it just fine, but T.A. says it will take almost any 540 or 550 motor the 2650 is a little shorter than a 550 but dia. is much larger. It looks like the T.A. has a can for the motor to sit in just wondering what the circumference of it is?
Old 02-02-2011, 06:47 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LOSIRACER77 View Post
Losi-chevy.
Associated-ford
Chevy = owned by the government still suffering
Ford = not owned by government and made huge profits
Old 02-02-2011, 07:19 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by SCTRacerX View Post
Does anyone have any release date information? Also does anyone know if the Castle/nue 2650 will fit in the new Team Assc. 4x4 SCT? It looks like the losi will handle it just fine, but T.A. says it will take almost any 540 or 550 motor the 2650 is a little shorter than a 550 but dia. is much larger. It looks like the T.A. has a can for the motor to sit in just wondering what the circumference of it is?
I'm sure the Castle/Neu 2650 will fit in the AE SC10 4x4 but why would you do that. The chassis is set up for 2s Lipos while the 2650 will need at least a 3s. I plan to run my Novak 4.5. Yes, I am an Associated FANBOY and have the new SC10 4x4 on order.

I have been racing a Jammin for almost a year and am looking for something more durable. I have worked out most of the weaknesses but now I am braking arms. I don't have a solution for that. I wish RPM would make arms for the Jammin.

I'm really happy that Losi and AE have finally released their products. Some guys in my area are racing coverted Ten-Ts and I have to say they are smooth and tough to catch. The Novak Havoc Pro SC and Ballistic 550 4.5 move that truck just fine on 2s. I think the Losi TEN-SCTE is the heaviest of the chassis in this class and it doesn't seem to be a disadvantage at all because of the power of the 550 motors. It will be interesting to watch the Losi/AE battle ensue.
Old 02-02-2011, 08:53 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gibsonk042000 View Post

thanks for the help
That is the speedo most of us are using. Just make sure you have the fan and it works great.

Originally Posted by LOSIRACER77 View Post
Losi-chevy.
Associated-ford
I just bought a Mercury so I guess I am a ford guy. More of a Ford/Dodge guy. My last car was an olds though so that is GM. See what kind of real car loyalty I have!

Originally Posted by ShortCourseOnly View Post
I'm really happy that Losi and AE have finally released their products. Some guys in my area are racing coverted Ten-Ts and I have to say they are smooth and tough to catch. The Novak Havoc Pro SC and Ballistic 550 4.5 move that truck just fine on 2s. I think the Losi TEN-SCTE is the heaviest of the chassis in this class and it doesn't seem to be a disadvantage at all because of the power of the 550 motors. It will be interesting to watch the Losi/AE battle ensue.
It should be fun. I am looking forward to racing with the AE truck. Should make for some good battles.

Last edited by Casper; 02-02-2011 at 09:03 AM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.