Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 04-03-2011, 07:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wldmoose View Post
Did you run the big bores on your Jammin? I did and loved the set up. I was debating doing the same set up on the Losi because most of my racing is on big outdoor 1/8 scale oriented tracks. How come you don't think its needed? Just curious cuz this is a heavier truck and all......
I haven't even gotten to get mine dirty yet so maybe I'm trying to solve a problem that doesn't exist....
Yea. I had xray 808 shocks on the scrt. They are just what I had here and they worked well on the scrt. The SCTE shocks are WAY better than the stock jammin shocks. I'm running the stock shocks on my 810e also and see no reason to upgrade them. They just work well. Do yourself a favor and test them before you start spending money upgrading them.
Old 04-03-2011, 07:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SC_RAGE View Post
And douches like you come in threads losing pins and blaming the manufacutrer. Sorry for posting useful info. Keep it going.
+1 You guys have been a huge help! Especially getting the info to losi and horizon about the diff pins and mailing out new ones out for free!! Im sticking with Losi for now on. You guys blow everyone away on all the help just in the forums. Last but not lease these trucks are awesome, thanks Losi ill be a customer for you guys for life!

Last edited by Cult Racing; 04-03-2011 at 07:37 PM.
Old 04-03-2011, 08:12 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Smile

Anyone have any issues with the screws on this truck . I'm taking my diffs apart and am almost striping every other screw !! Anybody know of any aftermarket screws ??
Hate to mention diff pins but I havent even ran this truck yet , my little girl has been pushing it around abit on the floor , the pins already show wear on them !!! Those are some crappy pins lol !! Good things I got Chris pins coming
Old 04-03-2011, 08:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chadmeth1 View Post
Anyone have any issues with the screws on this truck . I'm taking my diffs apart and am almost striping every other screw !! Anybody know of any aftermarket screws ??
Hate to mention diff pins but I havent even ran this truck yet , my little girl has been pushing it around abit on the floor , the pins already show wear on them !!! Those are some crappy pins lol !! Good things I got Chris pins coming
First page, there are options for the screws in the diff you speak of.
Tech Addict

Hate to mention diff pins but I havent even ran this truck yet , my little girl has been pushing it around abit on the floor , the pins already show wear on them !!! Those are some crappy pins lol !! Good things I got Chris pins coming http://www.rctech.net/forum/classic_...ies/tongue.gif
I've heard of a few cases. I tapped my plastic screw holes with a losi xxx tapping screw. helps. The diffs are tricky. just snug them, back it off then tighten. remember plastic is really soft on the diffs. Snug is good.
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

http://www.rctech.net/forum/8516085-post1.html
Old 04-03-2011, 08:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Does anyone know the Kv rating of the ballistic 4.5 with the 14mm tuning rotor installed? I know it reduces Kv, but not sure how much. PS looking for facts and please note where you got the details. Thanks!
Old 04-03-2011, 08:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I've heard of a few cases. I tapped my plastic screw holes with a losi xxx tapping screw. helps. The diffs are tricky. just snug them, back it off then tighten. remember plastic is really soft on the diffs. Snug is good.
I gotta say, Ive been wrenching on the diffs on two production trucks a lot testing pins like crazy...I havent stripped a single screw or case and thats using a power tool.
Old 04-03-2011, 08:32 PM
Tech Addict

I havent had it happen yet but a few guys at our track have come to me asking if I had. My guess is that the gears in the diff werent set in all the way causing a bind while tightening. But thats just a guess.
Old 04-03-2011, 08:33 PM
Tech Regular

Ryan, do you know of any pivot balls for the shocks that will work until I get my shock plastics set with the right ones?
Old 04-03-2011, 08:36 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by 8ight-e View Post
Does anyone know the Kv rating of the ballistic 4.5 with the 14mm tuning rotor installed? I know it reduces Kv, but not sure how much. PS looking for facts and please note where you got the details. Thanks!
Straight from novaks site.
Ballistic 4.5 - 5,000kv
Ballistic 5.5 - 3,700kv

There is no chart showing the 14mm rotor. I would guess it has to be somewhere in between. prob 4,300kv or more. You would have to call novak to get a definate.
Old 04-03-2011, 08:36 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by AnonymousUser View Post
Ryan, do you know of any pivot balls for the shocks that will work until I get my shock plastics set with the right ones?
jammin works. maybe hyper if they are the same as jammin.
The xxx sc looks close
Old 04-03-2011, 08:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

Originally Posted by BashemSmashem View Post
NO and NO . If you truly want a basher then get a Monster Truck or something with some ground clearance . Is a stout rig that can take some abuse ? Yes .
Thank you for the reply. It looks like a really well built trucks.
Old 04-03-2011, 08:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 8ight-e View Post
The 14mm tuning rotor takes away about 20% of original kv.
ex. 5000kv with 14mm rotor is now a 4000kv
Old 04-03-2011, 08:45 PM
Tech Regular

jammin works. maybe hyper if they are the same as jammin.
The xxx sc looks close
Thanks, I'll give that a try. I know plenty of suckers, err Jammin owners

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.