Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2011, 10:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Anyone looking to shave weight off the front at a savings.. just an FYI the lunsford titanium Savage kit just happens to be (4) 4x68mm and can be found reduced around the net.

what the scte needs

(2) 4x65mm
(2) 4x68mm
(2) 4x70mm

I'm sure if wanted you could trim down the 3mm easy enough or just leave it and have the (4) 4x68mm on the front. I wouldn't do them on the rear unless you use the inside hub holes.

PS those TBR bumpers.. why doesn't he just make a replacement that comes in at reduced weight.. what he is offering does nothing for me, I actually was excited for about 2 seconds until the web page loaded.
Old 04-02-2011, 11:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Another full 12 hr day at the track,the only thing Ive had happen to this truck in over a month of hard race daze is the front screw that holds the shock backed halfway out LOL..I am still running my OG diff pins and OG bumpers,arms,
shock caps,,Again nothing broke ,bent ,snapped,cracked etc....I did upgrade my towers to CF and the origs lay flat as new when I pulled them! TQ and finish 2nd ....:n od:
Old 04-02-2011, 11:07 PM
Tech Addict

Just an idea for those shaving weight. Exceleron has a new battery for the losi 22 buggy. its smaller with the same power delivery of normal 2s packs. but much lighter and shorter. Gives you more adjustability moving weight around the battery tray.
Old 04-02-2011, 11:13 PM
Tech Addict

Ok...now I am pissed. I took out the diff grease, put in the "Chrispins" (thanks Chris), put everything back together, put in my electronics and thought I'd be able to go out and test out the new rig tomorrow..... then I noticed the front right axle had an inordinate amount of play in it. Took it apart and whoever Losi is sub-conning the the assembly to forgot to to install a CV coupler inside the dogbone !!!

How so. Did you not state in the above that you changed the grease for oil and then noticed the pin gone. hmmm. how did you do the diff without taking the front drive apart? Might want to explain better.
Old 04-02-2011, 11:24 PM
Tech Addict

Why are we still talking about these diff pins?
Read back. read back. pages and pages of "my pins are bad."
Everyone on this thread is aware of the diff pin issue, Losi is fully aware and taking immediate action to help those who bought the truck. As far as bashing on the manufacturer, go read the durango thread. guys are having similair issues with their diffs ring gears shearing teeth. Associated was smart enough to push their release date back so they could keep the manufacturing issues out of the public eye. Unfortunately it takes time to get to the hundreds of thousands of complaints. Be patient and you will be rewarded. The truck is still bad ass. Lets keep the complaints to the horizon customer service line.
By the way my sc10 pins are still good to go. 7 races and god knows how many practices. Try those to get you by until losi sends you the new improved pins. Lets try to keep the thread on the positive side for a change.
Old 04-02-2011, 11:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker07
Looks like they will ship in about a week to us...so we will be shipping them out in about 3-4 weeks.
Can I get a part number for the hexes so I can get them on order with my local hobby shop? Need to share wheels with my new scte that would be awesome.

thanks,
Steve
Old 04-02-2011, 11:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Buzz3
I don't know about you hoss but for me the weakest link is on the drivers stand as the truck is the most forgiving ride I have ever run.

Something I am running into as well as others at my track is sometimes when I switch the truck on all I have is steering. Shut it off and turn it back on and everything works fine. It seems to be common with the Novak SC Pro ESC. I saw two systems with the 4.5 do this at the track today. Mine did it twice and I have the updated version with the smaller capacitor on it.

After 8 months off I started the main 3rd today and finished 2nd because I crashed on the last lap and had another Losi go by me. I am running the 14mm tuning rotor in my 4.5 with a 16 pinion. No drag brake and 15 timing at 14k. I was using about 3000 mah in 5 minutes and never saw 160 on the motor. Batt and ESC were nice and cool. Truck ran great.
wow my ESC does that allmost everytime.. thought it was normal I have the same set up and after about 3 or 4 packs cycled my truckssteering servo starts glitching so bad I cant drive it.. tryed the glitch buster no help.. I emailed novak they told me my servo is going bad maybe... hard to believe.. I think its the ESC is junk like every other one I have had from novak
Old 04-03-2011, 12:40 AM
Tech Addict

I've said it many times. RX8 is the answer. No glitch busters, 2's works great, low temps and long runtimes, and you can run anything you want with it. I havent had the best luck with novak or castle mmp's. A buddy put the LRP 8th scale esc in his losi and it seemed to work good too.
Old 04-03-2011, 01:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 144 (100%+)

Turnbuckle answer

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...rnbuckle-Kit-6
Old 04-03-2011, 01:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I wouldn't pay 65 for those... But I would pay 100 bucks for these. I loose front king pin screws and the spindle is the only part I have broken rolling on 3 months with the truck.

Ryan add these to the to-do list. Please!

Old 04-03-2011, 04:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

For you guys running the Novak 4.5 with the 14mm rotor, what pinion are you using? I ran mine for the 1st time yesterday with the rotor, 14t pinion to start and it came off at 180 after 5 minutes. went down to a 13 and it got a little cooler but top end sucks. Should I go up? Saw in a previous post some guys running a 16? I am running the Novak havok so I can't adjust current limit.
Old 04-03-2011, 05:38 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SC_RAGE
Ok...now I am pissed. I took out the diff grease, put in the "Chrispins" (thanks Chris), put everything back together, put in my electronics and thought I'd be able to go out and test out the new rig tomorrow..... then I noticed the front right axle had an inordinate amount of play in it. Took it apart and whoever Losi is sub-conning the the assembly to forgot to to install a CV coupler inside the dogbone !!!

How so. Did you not state in the above that you changed the grease for oil and then noticed the pin gone. hmmm. how did you do the diff without taking the front drive apart? Might want to explain better.

Ummm..you do realize you can take the diffs out without taking the hubs, carriers, or CV shafts off the A-arms right? Well, in case you didn't, you can... and I did.
Maybe you should get off the high horse dude before you make a total fool of yourself......
Old 04-03-2011, 05:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

You know Bruce, there are a couple of users in this thread with usernames beginning with S that are childish pricks who just enjoy flaming and stirring up strife. Don't even bother responding to them. Put them on ignore.
Old 04-03-2011, 05:50 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SC_RAGE
Why are we still talking about these diff pins?
Read back. read back. pages and pages of "my pins are bad."
Everyone on this thread is aware of the diff pin issue, Losi is fully aware and taking immediate action to help those who bought the truck. As far as bashing on the manufacturer, go read the durango thread. guys are having similair issues with their diffs ring gears shearing teeth. Associated was smart enough to push their release date back so they could keep the manufacturing issues out of the public eye. Unfortunately it takes time to get to the hundreds of thousands of complaints. Be patient and you will be rewarded. The truck is still bad ass. Lets keep the complaints to the horizon customer service line.
By the way my sc10 pins are still good to go. 7 races and god knows how many practices. Try those to get you by until losi sends you the new improved pins. Lets try to keep the thread on the positive side for a change.
First off, not everyone has the time, or perhaps the inclination to read this thread every day nor go back and read all the pages so if the pin issue keeps coming up I guess you'll just have to learn to live with it.
Second, if there are known manufacturing or design defects with the truck, we the consumer, and Losi the manufacturer, both benefit from learning about them on this thread. Too bad if it doesn't fit into your "positive" Utopian world....its reality.

Last edited by Wldmoose; 04-03-2011 at 06:03 AM.
Old 04-03-2011, 06:54 AM
Tech Adept

Hi guys,
What do you thing about this combo for scte?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Hobbywing-Xerun-...ht_2804wt_1141

Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.