Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 04-02-2011, 05:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by retsoorkcuf View Post
I haven't received my pins horizon told me 3 weeks ago they would be sending me some in two to three days . my truck is making a wicked popping sound when I go from power to braking fast like a short burst fwd and hit the brakes rear end or at least sounds like it's coming from rear anyone else have this sound
your probably just shredding your gears apart lol. Buy some replacement pins from chris in the classifieds he mailed mine and I got them next day awesome guy!!!
Old 04-02-2011, 05:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chase1472 View Post
your probably just shredding your gears apart lol. Buy some replacement pins from chris in the classifieds he mailed mine and I got them next day awesome guy!!!
Yes The pin issue is no secret yet people keep driving the trucks when they know. Your truck is not Neo, it is not The One with hardened pins out of the box. Take it from someone who has chewed up diff gears, change the pins ASAP. New gears are a month and a half out and I don't know too many people fabbing them up in their spare time to help out.....

Just fix the pins right off the bat and drive the shiz out of the truck, it's way more fun that way
Old 04-02-2011, 06:09 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hope I didn't shred gears I just finished getting it together iv had it for 3 weeks and just finished putting in all electronics and first run across living room floor and the diffs may be history what are the pins really that weak! guess I just need to hit up Chris.
Old 04-02-2011, 06:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker07 View Post
Arms should be in stock soon, at least enough to fill the BO's on them. We also have another 2000 sets on order. Looks like about 2 weeks to get the diff pins for CS purposes.

And THANK YOU to Chris. He is awesome and has helped me out to find a solution for the masses. I have already thanked him personally but a public one is more than good here.
ryan, does this mean in 2 weeks you will get the pins in your warehouse and another week to ship it to us? how certain are you this is definitely good quality diff pin this time? it's just hard to not run this good truck anymore.
Old 04-02-2011, 06:30 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Chrispins= race now.
Old 04-02-2011, 06:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shortcut View Post
Chrispins= race now.
Problem solved!! Why don't you guys listen? Get the ChrisPins and race NOW!
Old 04-02-2011, 06:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cferd View Post
MMM 2650
16t
4s 40c 5000mah Zippy
stock grease in diffs (for now)
Carbon Towers
alloy shock bits (stock oil for now)

stupid fast

What buggy body is that? I was thinking of finding something to cover the tray for super muddy days which we have quite a few of every season

Thx
Old 04-02-2011, 07:02 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Ok...now I am pissed. I took out the diff grease, put in the "Chrispins" (thanks Chris), put everything back together, put in my electronics and thought I'd be able to go out and test out the new rig tomorrow..... then I noticed the front right axle had an inordinate amount of play in it. Took it apart and whoever Losi is sub-conning the the assembly to forgot to to install a CV coupler inside the dogbone !!! Just a pin going through the damn dogbone!! WTF ?!?! Besides the Chrispins now I have to buy a $20.00 set of 10-T CVs just to get this rig runnable...jeezzus.... what's next?
Old 04-02-2011, 07:16 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Originally Posted by S/X Runner View Post

Please post a pic of this. Better yet, post a video of this.
This is the biggest crock of chit I have ever heard. The pins are not made of wire bro.

Don't post ridiculous statements like that. It does nothing but make you look like a complete moron.

here's a pic of the stock ten-t losi pin.

Originally Posted by LongIslandLosi View Post
What a douchebag. Speaking of pins, I'm still waiting on mine, anyone receive them yet?

this douschebag got his, Chris' pins work great!

if you want a video, i'll be happy to make one and post it if you need more proof.

i'm not trying to start anything, but the stock pins out of the ten-t diff i got on ebay were soft
i just thought someone should be aware of it....geez!
Old 04-02-2011, 07:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

You did that with your fingers?

Please post a video of this.
Old 04-02-2011, 07:39 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

What buggy body is that? I was thinking of finding something to cover the tray for super muddy days which we have quite a few of every season

it's a pro-line bull dog body for a LOSI 8ight b. it barely fits the length. for the rear body mount i used a 1/10th scale wing mount i had laying around.
Old 04-02-2011, 07:48 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Wldmoose View Post
Ok...now I am pissed. I took out the diff grease, put in the "Chrispins" (thanks Chris), put everything back together, put in my electronics and thought I'd be able to go out and test out the new rig tomorrow..... then I noticed the front right axle had an inordinate amount of play in it. Took it apart and whoever Losi is sub-conning the the assembly to forgot to to install a CV coupler inside the dogbone !!! Just a pin going through the damn dogbone!! WTF ?!?! Besides the Chrispins now I have to buy a $20.00 set of 10-T CVs just to get this rig runnable...jeezzus.... what's next?
no you lost it. i did the same thing thinking the same thing.
Old 04-02-2011, 07:59 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Originally Posted by S/X Runner View Post
You did that with your fingers?

Please post a video of this.
it's already bent...do you want me to bend it more with my fingers?
Old 04-02-2011, 08:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 8IGHTROCKETX3 View Post
it's already bent...do you want me to bend it more with my fingers?
That's what she said.
Old 04-02-2011, 08:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

TBR has come through with a front bumper and a rear skid plate.
On another note I don't find it too hard to believe you can bend the pins with your hands.
It is really thin in the middle and if it's a soft metal that is easy for a lot of men to just be able to bend it with your hands, especially for men who work with their hands on a regular basis.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.