Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 12:40 PM
  #5356  
Tech Prophet
iTrader: (34)
 
Casper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Orange, Ca
Posts: 17,869
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Ok. News to me.

I knew about the stress at the tower but not the other part.
Casper is offline  
Old 03-31-2011, 12:50 PM
  #5357  
Tech Master
iTrader: (9)
 
ScottKelly911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,736
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Dustt,
thanks for showing those pix, because mine has done the same thing.

Casper,
Next time you're at OCRC, take a look around at the SCTE's, mine broke there, but then again, you know how I drive...yeah, we'll call it driving, but probably more like how I tumbling from tires to lid, back to tires, back to lid. But Jason Garret's did the same and he's a good driver, just a step below you guys. But a very good club racer and usually battles it out with Lee. He said that happened to his on his first day out with the truck. I also saw two other guys who had the same thing happen to theirs, but they're not regulars so I can't recall their names right now. I'm hoping RPM makes the rear bumper in the future. Luckily the breaks there don't cause any problems, it just looks weird with your bumper slightly askew I think the reason they're doing this is because there's not much material where the screws are so they just pull through on impact. You, Dunford, Aaron and Cody never crash, so your trucks don't have these issues, but if you like, next time I see you, I can crash into the back of your truck just to see if it works, or better yet, just let me drive your truck I'm still chasing how to keep the rear end of my truck planted. Aaron tried to help me, he had me put in more toe in on the front wheels, go to the largest front sway bar and the smallest rear swaybar, but it didn't help at all. I really think changing the diff fluids is the answer and hoping this will remedy the problem. Thoughts? BTW, Jason Garret went to 10-10-2 in his diffs. I didn't try drive his truck, but he swears by it and said he was having problems with the rears swapping also until he went that aggressive with the diff weights. He's got a very aggressive driving style though and also runs outdoors at Revelation sometimes, so maybe it works better for him than it would others. Thoughts on that?
ScottKelly911 is offline  
Old 03-31-2011, 12:55 PM
  #5358  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 120
Default

Originally Posted by Casper View Post
Those bumper picks are interseting. Guys have been beating the snot out of these and not many failures. I have a hard time this was the result of a end over end tumble. Was there a sudden stop at the end?

yea me and another guy at our track have both broken out bumpers in the same spot. For what its worth, my opinion is they are mounted too solid and made out of plastic that is too brittle. The best rear bumper out there is the Associated SC10 (2WD) it hinges when you hit stuff and it extremely soft and flexible. never broke that one after a year and my SCT and SCTE both broke right away. just a simple bad landing on our outdoor track did it. the side nerf bars are too thin and brittle too. both of mine at one end cracked and broke off. no biggie just would be nicer if they were more flexible.
mxfastguy35 is offline  
Old 03-31-2011, 01:08 PM
  #5359  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
BmainStar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: pullin in,ca.
Posts: 1,985
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

You know RPM is all over that bumper soonI'm guessing some bumpers are made before lunch and some after LOL Plastic is liquid before it hardens in the mold,there may be multiple molds making this part, that heat and cool differently making them more or less brittle.Ok here I go with the Positive again ,my bumper took a full straitaway hit on a false start from another Losi 4x4 and I thought for sure it would be broken?? Nada held up fineWinning
BmainStar is offline  
Old 03-31-2011, 01:12 PM
  #5360  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
BmainStar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: pullin in,ca.
Posts: 1,985
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by snowboardgeek1 View Post
Thanks.

Thanks for the tip on the current limiter on the rx8. I've heard 90 (?) is a good number to start with, or was it 10? Now I'll have to search over 300 threads to find the recommended settings. Can someone put the recommended settings on the first page??? lol
Hey Snow,with the RX8 and my Tekin sc4x4 5.5
I am at 88 for the current limiter,geared 14 /40 on a small indoor track temps at135 -140 TP #2
BmainStar is offline  
Old 03-31-2011, 01:13 PM
  #5361  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
iTrader: (9)
 
SaladFork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Earth
Posts: 3,349
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

I can live with the Losi bumpers... Anyone who owned a Jammin knows the rear bumper screws would back out no matter what you did. CA glue, shoe goo, 1" deck screws didn't help, they always worked their way out. Zip ties are the only thing that fixed it.
SaladFork is offline  
Old 03-31-2011, 01:18 PM
  #5362  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
BmainStar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: pullin in,ca.
Posts: 1,985
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by SaladFork View Post
I can live with the Losi bumpers... Anyone who owned a Jammin knows the rear bumper screws would back out no matter what you did. CA glue, shoe goo, 1" deck screws didn't help, they always worked their way out. Zip ties are the only thing that fixed it.
Ya pitched my Jammy for sure when this thing hit LOL Went to the LHS the other day and the only part they had left was a rear bumper...Sooo I grabbed it!!!Hey Fork any new Vids???
BmainStar is offline  
Old 03-31-2011, 01:23 PM
  #5363  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 677
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by BmainStar View Post
Hey Snow,with the RX8 and my Tekin sc4x4 5.5
I am at 88 for the current limiter,geared 14 /40 on a small indoor track temps at135 -140 TP #2

Thank you for the feedback!
snowboardgeek1 is offline  
Old 03-31-2011, 01:40 PM
  #5364  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
iTrader: (9)
 
SaladFork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Earth
Posts: 3,349
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by BmainStar View Post
Ya pitched my Jammy for sure when this thing hit LOL Went to the LHS the other day and the only part they had left was a rear bumper...Sooo I grabbed it!!!Hey Fork any new Vids???
No new vids, been crazy busy at work. I have not had any R/C in a few weeks.
SaladFork is offline  
Old 03-31-2011, 01:40 PM
  #5365  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3,553
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Dusttt View Post
Here are some pics of my truck. You can see where the screws tore through on the rear bumper and the stress at the top. This was caused from one end over end tumble.

I am thinking about just deleting the rear bumper. I know it protects the body but...
Originally Posted by BashemSmashem View Post
Casper . mine broke the same way , in the same spot after 3-4 packs on a small indoor track as did 4-5 of my fellow racres bumpers .
Originally Posted by ScottKelly911 View Post
Dustt,
thanks for showing those pix, because mine has done the same thing.

Casper,
Next time you're at OCRC, take a look around at the SCTE's, mine broke there, but then again, you know how I drive...yeah, we'll call it driving, but probably more like how I tumbling from tires to lid, back to tires, back to lid. But Jason Garret's did the same and he's a good driver, just a step below you guys. But a very good club racer and usually battles it out with Lee. He said that happened to his on his first day out with the truck. I also saw two other guys who had the same thing happen to theirs, but they're not regulars so I can't recall their names right now. I'm hoping RPM makes the rear bumper in the future. Luckily the breaks there don't cause any problems, it just looks weird with your bumper slightly askew I think the reason they're doing this is because there's not much material where the screws are so they just pull through on impact. You, Dunford, Aaron and Cody never crash, so your trucks don't have these issues, but if you like, next time I see you, I can crash into the back of your truck just to see if it works, or better yet, just let me drive your truck I'm still chasing how to keep the rear end of my truck planted. Aaron tried to help me, he had me put in more toe in on the front wheels, go to the largest front sway bar and the smallest rear swaybar, but it didn't help at all. I really think changing the diff fluids is the answer and hoping this will remedy the problem. Thoughts? BTW, Jason Garret went to 10-10-2 in his diffs. I didn't try drive his truck, but he swears by it and said he was having problems with the rears swapping also until he went that aggressive with the diff weights. He's got a very aggressive driving style though and also runs outdoors at Revelation sometimes, so maybe it works better for him than it would others. Thoughts on that?
It seems like this thread just has issues going in circles now and nothing about setups or how the trucks are doing anymore.

As I mentioned previously, there were 2500 rear bumpers made over a number of days...some could have been cold molded. That does happen. This bumper never broke here in 8 months of testing which included letting many novice drivers drive the truck so I have to assume it is a cold mold. However, upon listening to all of you online here, I have had them add material and rest assured will have an updated bumper to test shortly. I suppose I will just hand them out at OCRC and have others test. This is not an issue with the truck, as I see it, just something that shows we are listening to you all and making imporvements to an already solid design.
hacker07 is offline  
Old 03-31-2011, 01:52 PM
  #5366  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (23)
 
snotrod5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: mass
Posts: 278
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default

i hope rpm make some parts soon (made in the usa)
snotrod5.0 is offline  
Old 03-31-2011, 01:56 PM
  #5367  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
iTrader: (9)
 
SaladFork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Earth
Posts: 3,349
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by SaladFork View Post
No new vids, been crazy busy at work. I have not had any R/C in a few weeks.
Not a R/C vid but had to share... These dudes are f-in NUTS!!

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
SaladFork is offline  
Old 03-31-2011, 02:09 PM
  #5368  
Tech Master
iTrader: (10)
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,010
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by hacker07 View Post
It seems like this thread just has issues going in circles now and nothing about setups or how the trucks are doing anymore.

As I mentioned previously, there were 2500 rear bumpers made over a number of days...some could have been cold molded. That does happen. This bumper never broke here in 8 months of testing which included letting many novice drivers drive the truck so I have to assume it is a cold mold. However, upon listening to all of you online here, I have had them add material and rest assured will have an updated bumper to test shortly. I suppose I will just hand them out at OCRC and have others test. This is not an issue with the truck, as I see it, just something that shows we are listening to you all and making imporvements to an already solid design.
Ryan,

I know it must get frustrating, but do know that most (probably all) of us really do appreciate how hard you guys are working on this as well as how responsive you guys have been here. It's a great truck and we know you guys are working hard to make it even better. Thank you for that.
chiro972 is offline  
Old 03-31-2011, 02:12 PM
  #5369  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (31)
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 411
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Talking Chris pins!

Got my pins today! Thank you so much Chris for your hard work! I was part of the tuesday shipment, now that's fast! Now it's up to me to survive until parts come available.
flysullivan is offline  
Old 03-31-2011, 02:22 PM
  #5370  
Tech Prophet
iTrader: (34)
 
Casper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Orange, Ca
Posts: 17,869
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911 View Post
Dustt,
thanks for showing those pix, because mine has done the same thing.

Casper,
Next time you're at OCRC, take a look around at the SCTE's, mine broke there, but then again, you know how I drive...yeah, we'll call it driving, but probably more like how I tumbling from tires to lid, back to tires, back to lid. But Jason Garret's did the same and he's a good driver, just a step below you guys. But a very good club racer and usually battles it out with Lee. He said that happened to his on his first day out with the truck. I also saw two other guys who had the same thing happen to theirs, but they're not regulars so I can't recall their names right now. I'm hoping RPM makes the rear bumper in the future. Luckily the breaks there don't cause any problems, it just looks weird with your bumper slightly askew I think the reason they're doing this is because there's not much material where the screws are so they just pull through on impact. You, Dunford, Aaron and Cody never crash, so your trucks don't have these issues, but if you like, next time I see you, I can crash into the back of your truck just to see if it works, or better yet, just let me drive your truck I'm still chasing how to keep the rear end of my truck planted. Aaron tried to help me, he had me put in more toe in on the front wheels, go to the largest front sway bar and the smallest rear swaybar, but it didn't help at all. I really think changing the diff fluids is the answer and hoping this will remedy the problem. Thoughts? BTW, Jason Garret went to 10-10-2 in his diffs. I didn't try drive his truck, but he swears by it and said he was having problems with the rears swapping also until he went that aggressive with the diff weights. He's got a very aggressive driving style though and also runs outdoors at Revelation sometimes, so maybe it works better for him than it would others. Thoughts on that?
Oh I crash plenty. I am usually no going slow when it happens as well. Watch me in practice. I try new lines and beat on this thing pretty hard. Tail landings, and just racing hits. Yeah might not be as bad as some but when racing at speed you test parts!

I don't know on the 10-10-2. It would take away a lot of steering with that setup so that might help with the rear end. My question would be is how well does it turn? It would accelerate well though! Like most anything there is a give or take with setups and you have to find something that works for you.

We are always testing out new setups. Can't go faster unless you try stuff!
Casper is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.