Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 01:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

I just went to the concrete in front of the shop and put the diff thru a torture test.. Reverse to full throttle about 20 times, drag launches, etc.. The diff seems to still be fine with the OFNA guts. If it lives thru practice and racing Friday then I would call this a successful temporary (or possibly permanent) fix to the bevel gear and diff pin issues. I'll post some pics in a bit.
I'm just happy my truck will race again and with a diff that isn't crunchy!!
Old 03-30-2011, 01:53 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jhess View Post
Are some of the kits upgraded? Mine is coming fro A main today and I don't wanna run it if it's likely to break.
All the current kits out there are from the same shipment. New kits will not arrive until this issue is taken care of. Contact horizon when you get your truck and get on the list so they will send you new pins as soon as they arrive.
Old 03-30-2011, 02:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BashemSmashem View Post
That will work fine , kind of basic but still 2.4Ghz and has the nessary adjustments in it .
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
The DX3E has all the adjustments needed to setup a car right. It will work great with the SCTE!
Sweet, that's what I wanted to hear. Much appreciated fellas.
Old 03-30-2011, 02:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

casper or hacker

can we still expect rear arms to be in next week? i have a big race coming up on the 15th and would like to run both my 810 and scte but need a left rear arm. (one on the 810 split on the parting line after 2 laps on the track... grrr). not that i want to but i can get alum ones to get me up and running... just need to decide by next week....
Old 03-30-2011, 02:48 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Wow, I must say I am impressed with Losi. I have yet to see another manufacturer of their caliber having their people post responses to issues and corrections that will be coming. I think it is pretty darn cool to see a company the size of losi responding to threads such as these and I don't even own a scte.

Nice work!
Old 03-30-2011, 02:51 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hyperdesigns View Post
casper or hacker

can we still expect rear arms to be in next week? i have a big race coming up on the 15th and would like to run both my 810 and scte but need a left rear arm. (one on the 810 split on the parting line after 2 laps on the track... grrr). not that i want to but i can get alum ones to get me up and running... just need to decide by next week....
I thought I saw someone post they got a set in the mail. They are showing to be in stock tomorrow in our system. (3/31)
Old 03-30-2011, 03:00 PM
Tech Initiate

i over heated my 5.5 tekin sc4x motor and i have a spare 2200kv motor from castle for an 1/8. will this motor work with the rx8 esc that i have int my losi scte?
Old 03-30-2011, 03:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hyperdesigns View Post
casper or hacker

These are in the shipment that is sitting as UPS in CA. We are waiting for them to release it and then we will be shipping. All of this Japan and radiation stuff has made the whole customs thing take a bit longer but we are pushing them along.
Old 03-30-2011, 03:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ChrisAttebery View Post
Hey guys,

I've had two reports of gears that are too tight to fit on the pins. If you run into this problem go to the hardware store and buy a #31 drill bit and run it through the gears to open them up to the proper clearance. The drill should follow the existing hole so it shouldn't be off center afterward.

Chris
Hmmm , My spider gears were a perfect fit on your pins
Old 03-30-2011, 03:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by white boy View Post
i over heated my 5.5 tekin sc4x motor and i have a spare 2200kv motor from castle for an 1/8. will this motor work with the rx8 esc that i have int my losi scte?
Yes it will !
Old 03-30-2011, 03:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 127 (100%+)

I ran mine at west coast for the first time yesterday. The truck was pretty dam good. The first pack it was nose diving over the triple and I broke the rear bumper in an end over end roll. I put a couple more teeth on and the truck was better. The rear would brake loose at the end of the straight going into the corner off power a bit too. So I need to work on the set up a bit. I basically just had to get back on the power again to correct it. Any ideas?

Does anyone know if the traxxas speedo has built in drag brake?

I will post a pic of the bumper later.

I know it isnt reccomended but has anypone ran an RSPro in the truck with sucess?
Old 03-30-2011, 04:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dusttt View Post
Does anyone know if the traxxas speedo has built in drag brake?
No it does not..
Old 03-30-2011, 04:01 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by shortcut View Post
Chrispins , the way to go.
I think Chris should patent the name "Chrispins". Thanks for doing this Chris!!!
Old 03-30-2011, 04:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 127 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ripped View Post
No it does not..
cool honestly it seems to work great in the truck
Old 03-30-2011, 04:09 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Tor Erik View Post
Hi, I try keeping up with this tread, but it's not easy.

I'm new to SC and need a little setup help for my Losi.

I have been driving at our indoor carpet track, but my car is no good over the jumps. Example, I try to jump over 2 small double jumps, and my car allways nose dive right down and landing on the front bumper. Think the car is heavy in front ?? I tried to add weihgt in the rear, but it did not help so much. I also did try to screw the front springs preload down a bit, but did not seem to help so much either..........

My car i plain stock, and I have Novak Ballistic 4.5 turn SC motor and ESC. Savox servo and uses IP 2s Lipo batts.

Anyone please that could give my a advice ?
Have you tried to slide the battery more to the rear??

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.