Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 10:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Casper,

What's the max charge rate on the new 60c Losi Lipos?

Thanks
Old 02-01-2011, 03:56 AM

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default casper

Casper r u guys running 3s or 2s with the novak havoc pro Sc hv 4.5 in these trucks?? I was hoping to run 2s in it.
Old 02-01-2011, 04:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Smile

Originally Posted by LOSIRACER77 View Post
Casper r u guys running 3s or 2s with the novak havoc pro Sc hv 4.5 in these trucks?? I was hoping to run 2s in it.
I know I am not Casper. But everyone I have seen and myself included run 2S.
Old 02-01-2011, 04:16 AM

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shanty140 View Post
I know I am not Casper. But everyone I have seen and myself included run 2S.
Thank you man!what size of lipo r u all using??
Old 02-01-2011, 04:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Thank you man!what size of lipo r u all using??
I will just be running a 2S 5000mah 40C pack. Where I race I only run 5-7 minute races so a 5000mah should be good. If you are going to run longer then that, like a 10 minute race. I would recommend a bigger battery for sure. With these lower turn 550 motors they are pretty hard on run times. Losi has a new 6000mah Lipo on it's way they should be awesome in this truck.
Old 02-01-2011, 07:19 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by S/X Runner View Post
I replaced my "worn" pins with a set from A-Main. 6 minutes of driving and the pins and gears went out on me. Same sound it was making before. I haven't torn it apart yet. When I do, I'll post pics. This is getting absolutely ridiculous.
S/X, This is not what I want to here. I had mine out for the first time with new pins and ran 10+ packs and at the end of the day the gears sounded a little louder, so I checked the spur and pinion mesh and it was perfect. I guess I will have to pull one of the diffs apart to inspect. Besides the camber and tie rod ends making me nuts all day, this truck was awesome on the track. I am running it with a CC SCT system on 2S, geared 14/43 and it has pleanty of power. After running this truck I pre orederd my 10SCT!

Losi, Please address the Tie rod and camber link ends, diff pins and the rear lower hinge pin at the knuckles before you release the new SCT.
Old 02-01-2011, 07:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jetcam2 View Post
S/X, This is not what I want to here. I had mine out for the first time with new pins and ran 10+ packs and at the end of the day the gears sounded a little louder, so I checked the spur and pinion mesh and it was perfect. I guess I will have to pull one of the diffs apart to inspect. Besides the camber and tie rod ends making me nuts all day, this truck was awesome on the track. I am running it with a CC SCT system on 2S, geared 14/43 and it has pleanty of power. After running this truck I pre orederd my 10SCT!

Losi, Please address the Tie rod and camber link ends, diff pins and the rear lower hinge pin at the knuckles before you release the new SCT.
I feel ya. It's friggen ridiculous!!

Don't forget about the drive cups. They are garbage.

I basically have 3 options with this pile...
Sell it
Put it on the shelf until they make new parts. Some Losi guys say they have made new parts to fix these problems, but I'm 40.00 in on the stupid diff pins and spiders.
Or drive it and replace worn parts after every run.
Old 02-01-2011, 07:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

My buddy runs an 810 with me and he didn't have the drive cup issue on his car. His still looks almost new and we've got about the same time on ours. I haven't had any issue with the diff gears and pins. Just my center and rear drive cups showing premature wear. Ironically, the pins in the cups look new so it is obviously the hardening of the drive cups that is the issue.

Im sure Losi will get it resolved. The car drives awesome.
Old 02-01-2011, 08:50 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CarlCrocco View Post
Casper,

Thanks
I am not sure. I know you can obviously do 1C charging. I think you can go higher but not sure if I can get an official word on that.

2S. Novak only rates there 4.5 to 2S. If you want to run 3S the 5.5 is rated for 3s and is a rocket.

Originally Posted by shanty140 View Post
I will just be running a 2S 5000mah 40C pack. Where I race I only run 5-7 minute races so a 5000mah should be good. If you are going to run longer then that, like a 10 minute race. I would recommend a bigger battery for sure. With these lower turn 550 motors they are pretty hard on run times. Losi has a new 6000mah Lipo on it's way they should be awesome in this truck.
I have run a 10 min race on a 5000mah pack. Now it was a smaller track (110X50) and I did not run super punched for the whole race but it got there. The 6000 60C battery would make me more confident it would go the distance. Since the SCTE uses an open battery tray and velcro straps you are not limited by the size of the battery you put in the car so if you want to put larger mah mid size packs in this car room is not an issue.

Originally Posted by jetcam2 View Post

This is the first I have heard of tie rod and camber link end issues? Diff pins the only one I have wear out is the front center one. I always put some Losi great grease on this pin and it will last a lot longer. The outdrives. Sounds like there may be a bad batch out. I have had pretty good luck with mine. Some wear in the rears but nothing really bad. There is more stuff coming from Losi so hang tight guys.
Old 02-01-2011, 09:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

Casper,
You haven't heard of the turnbuckles/ends losing their settings? Are you kidding me?? Did you get the super secret magic turnbuckles and ends? Please send a set my way, because what I have is junk.
On the diff pins...they are JUNK!! Let's be clear here, we are talking about the pins in the diffs. Garbage!!
Your outdrives show little wear, seriously bro...point me twords this stock of magic cups. They are crap. I can almost literally bend them with my fingers. I'm now in my 3rd set of rear cups and my 2nd set of center cups. Garbage!!

What are we supposed to be waiting for?? Man I hope it's parts that are at least up to the industry standard. God forbid Losi does it right the first time.

As you can tell I'm just about fed up with this crap material that these parts are made from.
Old 02-01-2011, 09:27 AM
Tech Prophet

I have not had any issues with mine. Sorry. I did not know this was as heated a topic.

I have not had any issues with toe or camber on my truck. I have hit somethings pretty hard as well. I have rebuilt my diffs about 6 times in testing and no issues. My truck was built from a production Ten-T so nothing special here. Are the pins bending or wearing out? I inspect all my parts and clean them all off each time I rebuild to it is not like I am just replacing oil. I did not know about those things. Maybe I just need to look at the other threads better. I will pass this on to Losi though.

The outdrives. I know wear a little faster then they should. If a batch got through with out heat treat they won't last long at all. I would contact Horizon about that. Mine did show some where before I replaced them but only the front and rear. The center ones look great. There is wear on the front center bone pin though but that is normal for these cars. Nothing exessive but wear.
Old 02-01-2011, 09:29 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by CarlCrocco View Post
Casper,

Thanks
Official word is 1C charge rate. That is what ROAR mandates and getting a manufacture to tell you different would be hard. I have recieved word guys are charging them at 2C with no issues at all. Not sure there are many chargers out there that will do 12amp charging so not sure how much higher then 10amps so not sure how high you want to charge them
Old 02-01-2011, 09:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

Re: CUPS/PINS. Have you tried hardening them? Basically, heat them up to a red glow with a MAPP gas torch and then quench them in motor oil. That should harden them right up.
Old 02-01-2011, 09:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by S/X Runner View Post
Casper,
You haven't heard of the turnbuckles/ends losing their settings? Are you kidding me?? Did you get the super secret magic turnbuckles and ends? Please send a set my way, because what I have is junk.
On the diff pins...they are JUNK!! Let's be clear here, we are talking about the pins in the diffs. Garbage!!
Your outdrives show little wear, seriously bro...point me twords this stock of magic cups. They are crap. I can almost literally bend them with my fingers. I'm now in my 3rd set of rear cups and my 2nd set of center cups. Garbage!!

What are we supposed to be waiting for?? Man I hope it's parts that are at least up to the industry standard. God forbid Losi does it right the first time.

As you can tell I'm just about fed up with this crap material that these parts are made from.
S/X Runner, Have you contacted Horizon support or me? My direct number is 909-390-9595 x303. I have run this car for over 8 months and not had the issues you are having. We have 8 drivers running this car and winning every race they enter without the issues you are claiming. Without even calling us an giving us a chance to help you out, you are kind of going a bit far, but to each his own opinion, thats just my personal one.

As an aside, we are working on HD outdrives for the electric stuff as it puts a lot more abuse on the system. As for the diff pins...the old pins last about 4-6 months in a well maintained vehicle, the new ones last much longer. You have to make sure you are using both of the little shims when building it as the back and forth movement on the pin is what can cause the premature wear.
Old 02-01-2011, 09:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Bro you got a super Ten. We are all having major issues with diff pins/gears, cups and turnbuckle/ends/balls.
I'm on my phone, so can someone post up my pics of the diff pins.
Apparently Losi knows about these problems. The parts on/in my ten would disagree with that though.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.