Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 03-26-2011, 09:50 PM
KIK
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker07
I find it interesting that posts like this surface when you dont know exactly what we are trying to do. We need 12-20000 pins of which we would like to get 3000 of them in the next week for customer service. We requested quotes and have been leaning on places to get them back but most are having trouble finding stock this fast and thus cannot quote us until they find enough stock. Heck, I even hit up Chris to see if he could do it.

We do listen and we are trying which is what I've been saying all along.
Is that why Chris hasn't returned my PM yet? Working 24/7 to make 3000 pins!!
Old 03-26-2011, 10:01 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by StPete40

Mamba Monster 2650/18 th pinion
Gens Ace 3S 40c 5000 and Blue Lip 30c 5000
AKA Enduros Super Soft on DE Wheels
5/3/3 in the diffs
stock shock oil and springs

Pitch it in the corners, power slide, off power steering, just enough power transfer to the rear to bring it around on power with 3k in the center diff and rear. The track was super dry with dusty blue groove. With this setup it was a blast.

With heavy Mamba Monster setup and 3S bats all it really needs is a heavier shock oil/spring package.

Had a couple of lawn darts, a couple of pipe slams, and two perfectly executed wheels-up pancakes.

Only damage to report is a bent rear shock tower, a couple cracks in the rear of the body and a stress mark where the right side rear bumper mounts to the tower. Ordered the machined aluminum towers last week from Nitrohouse so good to go there. Haven't checked the diffs yet but have a set of Chrispins on the bench already.

This truck will be a keeper.

One other comment is that I would not recommend the Blue Lipo on this setup. It can't push out enough juice to keep up with MMM. Puffs and gets warm. The Gens Ace bats are the ticket. Great run time, no puffing or overheating, and take 5200+ mah on a recharge.
what kind of run times and temps? i love this truck but i am fed up with my electronics. i first used my novak 4.5 system that ran my jammin fine. smoked my novak motor so i went with a tekin 5.5 550. 165 ish after 10 minutes with 12-15T pinions with a mamba max pro. fed up. gonna hang an 8th scale motor on the truck and run on 3s.
Old 03-26-2011, 10:03 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Feint Motion
I run about the same set-up as you. I run a 2400kv tho. I agree, The rear shocktower bends too easy. I did however buy the machined version and have yet to bend it.
This truck kicks, I was lucky to get the Good batch with the right hardened pins. I changed my front shock oil to 27.5 and 30wt in the rear, I drive on a rather loose track and it absorbs the bumps pretty well.
Good to see a picture with some dirt on it. You actually drive it, rather live here on the forums.
Originally Posted by StPete40
I plan on driving the absolute snot out of it. My shock towers and 2400 kv motor show up on Monday! My pins are worn after a couple of packs but I have a hardened set from Chris. This probably already posted, but what is the stock weight shock oil? I'm definitely soft in the front.
are yall talking about the 4 pole motor with the 1/8"th shaft? why you not staying with the 8th scale motor?

thanks.
Old 03-27-2011, 12:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Saturday update time.Ran another full day and practice on my rig, this is I think the 4th sat in a row for racing and 10 hr daze at the small indoor clay track.Very happy to report absolutely no damage at all,no broken bumpers,no broken arms ,nothing coming loose or pulling out.I have been running the same diff pins that came with the truck and diffs still feel like butter,just changed shock fluid to 27.5 frnt and 32.5 rear,running 5-5-2 and all I can say for the 4th time is I Love this Truck!!!Again nothing negative to report in 4 strait race daze!!!!!! I am either the worlds best driver(not even close) or very lucky (can`t win a$1.00 lotto) or some of these trucks are just perfect!!!!!!

Last edited by BmainStar; 03-27-2011 at 12:08 AM. Reason: cuz my truck rules
Old 03-27-2011, 03:03 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Where can i get some of the hardened diff pins at? My truck is suppose to be here next week and would like to install them while removing the grease and adding my fluid. I don't care what the price is.
Old 03-27-2011, 03:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by alvinsmith75
I asked about the 810 axles about a week ago and no one replied. I guess I may be the first one that tried this and it works perfect. Someone else requested a pic when I finished, so here it is...................
thanks for the info I was wondering if they would work cause the two I believe are really similar. by next summer my truck is getting the late model treatment gotta run 1/8 scale rims and tires
Old 03-27-2011, 03:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

gotta tech question for everybody,

alot of people are saying that using 5-5-3 in the diffs are a good set up. wondering if I went just a little heavier on the grease like say 15-15-10 or somthing thats about the same ratio, would the balance still be the same for on power steering as the 5-5-3 setups feel, or would it be way off because less diff action with heavier weights?

just curious in case of slightly ruff track in the begining of out door season which is fast approching.
Old 03-27-2011, 04:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skyler hays
what kind of run times and temps? i love this truck but i am fed up with my electronics. i first used my novak 4.5 system that ran my jammin fine. smoked my novak motor so i went with a tekin 5.5 550. 165 ish after 10 minutes with 12-15T pinions with a mamba max pro. fed up. gonna hang an 8th scale motor on the truck and run on 3s.
I didn't check the temps, but in my Ten T they were running 130. Fan never comes on on the esc. Thats the great thing about this setup if you aren't constrained to 2S. Trying out the 2400 4 pole motor because the 2650 is crazy fast and also heavy. 2400kv should be plenty fast and bring the weight down a little.
Old 03-27-2011, 05:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

I asked about the 810 axles about a week ago and no one replied. I guess I may be the first one that tried this and it works perfect. Someone else requested a pic when I finished, so here it is...................
so are they the 810 hubs? i managed to find a set on line. they're on the way. i converted my slash and have a few sets of 1/8th scale tire i wanna run on a track i go to that has sct open class. do they rub on the body alot? get the wing mount n tail with the 810 body and your good to race two classes lol

thanks
Old 03-27-2011, 06:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigemike
its explained out over the last 15 pages, it is basically casey pecks base setup with silver rear springs, #3 pistons in the back with 30 wt oil.
casey's setup
http://www.losi.com/ProdInfo/Files/L...k-NitroPit.pdf

all the setups and the forms for pins
http://www.losi.com/Products/Support...rodID=LOSB0127
I went to that page for the diff pins and I hit the submit by email button but nothing happens. Are you supposed to see some indication that your message went? I don't want to keep hitting it and send them multiple messages, but I want to know something went through.

Anyone else have this? Did you get any kind of email confirmation that they got the message?
Old 03-27-2011, 06:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 223 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chiro972
I went to that page for the diff pins and I hit the submit by email button but nothing happens. Are you supposed to see some indication that your message went? I don't want to keep hitting it and send them multiple messages, but I want to know something went through.

Anyone else have this? Did you get any kind of email confirmation that they got the message?
You need outlook set up or save the .pdf and email to the address they state. When they get it you will get a confirmation email in your account.
Old 03-27-2011, 06:45 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I also could not figure out if it was sent.

Last edited by plumslow; 03-27-2011 at 12:38 PM. Reason: typo
Old 03-27-2011, 06:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 223 (100%+)

Originally Posted by plumslow
I also could not figure out is it was sent.
After filling out the form
Hit the "Submit by Email" button located on the bottom of the .pdf it opens a addtional window.
Select the second option "Internet Email" this will save the .pdf locally on your PC. (Where ever your files noramlly download.)
Than open your email program.. yahoo/gmail/msn etc. Create a new email to
[email protected] Than just attch the .pdf you saved. Its saves as
LOSB0127-Bulletin.pdf
You will get a auto reply back from Horizon in about 15 minutes.

Hope this helps
Old 03-27-2011, 07:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

1/8 scale tire don't belong on an SC 1/10th truck.
Old 03-27-2011, 07:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Manatarms25
After filling out the form
Hit the "Submit by Email" button located on the bottom of the .pdf it opens a addtional window.
Select the second option "Internet Email" this will save the .pdf locally on your PC. (Where ever your files noramlly download.)
Than open your email program.. yahoo/gmail/msn etc. Create a new email to
[email protected] Than just attch the .pdf you saved. Its saves as
LOSB0127-Bulletin.pdf
You will get a auto reply back from Horizon in about 15 minutes.

Hope this helps
Doesn't work on a Mac with Safari. Submit by Email button does nothing and if I try to save the file after I fill it out it only saves the empty template.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.