Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 03:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

I agree with hacker07 awesome truck, this is the best SCT truck I have driven to date and I have driven most of them. Every time I go out to the track with it, I feel like a losi REP with how many questions im asked about what the heck are you running its like a bat out of hell. I feel like I should get a commission for how many trucks I sold people on every week.LOL
Old 03-25-2011, 04:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Chase1472 View Post
I agree with hacker07 awesome truck, this is the best SCT truck I have driven to date and I have driven most of them. Every time I go out to the track with it, I feel like a losi REP with how many questions im asked about what the heck are you running its like a bat out of hell. I feel like I should get a commission for how many trucks I sold people on every week.LOL
yup! during practice i see a few guys all of a sudden track marshel so they can touch the bitchen losi (if i mess up)
Old 03-25-2011, 04:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker07 View Post
I just want to put a big THANK YOU to those of you sticking by me. If any of you really knew what I have been working on and what we are trying to do and what we got versus what we ordered, and the QA we did do, you would hopefully agree, we are really doing everything we can. I am doing everything I can. This truck is an awesome truck aside from these darn diff pins as evident by all the races it has already won and from the bits of kudos some have posted here.

Again...thanks a ton.
No worries, while it is frustrating I understand $hit happens and I'm ok with it. The customer service has been great on your end and I've found ways to keep the truck going on my end.

All seriousness aside, just make sure pins and gears are available before the AE SC10 4x4 is released
Old 03-25-2011, 04:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chase1472 View Post
While I don't want anything in return my prototype Ten X sold 5 Losi SCTe's after they saw it in action. Two people who drove it when into the shop and pre-ordered them right after. Which is why I was so ticked when the pin issue wasn't addressed. They all came to me when the pin issue came up after I had mentioned the issue before they bought it but said it was fixed. Made me feel like shit.
Old 03-25-2011, 04:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

How's everyone's bodies holding up? Mines done after 3 race days, large crack from front wheel well to middle of windsheild. Seems weird that the truck is heavy yet they made a "lightweight" body?! I know its the highest part of the truck but it also gets most of the abuse.
Old 03-25-2011, 04:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SaladFork View Post
While I don't want anything in return my prototype Ten X sold 5 Losi SCTe's after they saw it in action. Two people who drove it when into the shop and pre-ordered them right after. Which is why I was so ticked when the pin issue wasn't addressed. They all came to me when the pin issue came up after I had mentioned the issue before they bought it but said it was fixed. Made me feel like shit.
Better be careful talking like that Next thing you know people will call you a flamer and say you need a shrink

I know exactly how you feel though....exactly the same situation here At least I was able to procure Chris's pins for all of my closest friends on his first batch
Old 03-25-2011, 04:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by b121774 View Post
How's everyone's bodies holding up? Mines done after 3 race days, large crack from front wheel well to middle of windsheild. Seems weird that the truck is heavy yet they made a "lightweight" body?! I know its the highest part of the truck but it also gets most of the abuse.
Mines good... 2.5oz oz shoe goo, looks brand new still.

Originally Posted by Ridley View Post
Better be careful talking like that Next thing you know people will call you a flamer and say you need a shrink

I know exactly how you feel though....exactly the same situation here At least I was able to procure Chris's pins for all of my closest friends on his first batch
LMAO, I almost did need a shrink the day I got to the track and peeps coming up to me showing me rocky diffs and weird noises. I didn't even unpack my truck, I left and came home and posted about it. I then spent the entire night trying to find some pins that would work. Everyone here came together and found a solution so the problem was fixable. It's all good I know it's not Ryans problem and I feel bad for him since he's the walking target since he does post. I work as a product designer and have shipped some shady stuff and it wasn't my fault, I knew about the issue brought it up to the group but you know how it goes, they shipped it anyways. Oh well they just sold out for 39 billion.
Old 03-25-2011, 05:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

For some of you guys asking about the Speed Passion GT2.0 Pro esc. Although this is a very good esc it is not for this truck. It has a built in program that cuts power to the motor through a program called throttle signal loss protection. Under hard acceleration you lose half power to the motor and sounds just like a diff slipping. Thought that was what was happining on mine and drove me nuts trying to figure out why when the diffs looked perfect. Changed the esc and sure enough the power was back and tons of punch. Good for 2wd trucks or buggys but not the power that these beast require. Also the novak 14mm tunable rotor is the way to go with the novak 4.5 motor, tons of tork and the temps dropped from 150 to 160 down to 118 to 130 and longer run times. Also curred the stutter problem I was having with my MMP, runs perfect now.
Old 03-25-2011, 05:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 163 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcgod View Post
Go to the hardware store and get 2 or 3 3mm drill bits. An hour or so with a dremel and cutoff wheel and you'll have diff pins that should last just fine. Just use the part where there are no flutes cut in the bit. That's what I did and it works great. Even if you use cheap bit like harbor freight has they will still be hard enough to last until the new parts are available.
Or get M2/M7 tool steel reamer blanks from McMaster-Carr and don't worry about the flutes.
Old 03-25-2011, 05:56 PM
Tech Regular

What aluminum servo horn do I want for a spektrum servo? JR?
Old 03-25-2011, 06:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

[QUOTE=Ridley;8861686]Better be careful talking like that Next thing you know people will call you a flamer and say you need a shrink // They might even steal your words and add them to their sig!!!It`s all good Ridley we do appreciate your insight!!
Old 03-25-2011, 06:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Buzz3 View Post
What aluminum servo horn do I want for a spektrum servo? JR?
Yes, JR
Old 03-25-2011, 06:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by badassrevo View Post
Yes, JR
Would this be it?
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...m-Servo-Arm-JR
Old 03-25-2011, 06:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AnonymousUser View Post
Thats the one.
Old 03-25-2011, 06:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ta_man View Post
Or get M2/M7 tool steel reamer blanks from McMaster-Carr and don't worry about the flutes.
+1. That's an even better option. My suggestion was for those guys who don't want to race with worn or stock pins. Almost any town has a hardware store so they aren't down for another race weekend.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.