Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 03:56 PM
  #4846  
Tech Master
iTrader: (75)
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Orange county CA
Posts: 1,980
Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Default

I agree with hacker07 awesome truck, this is the best SCT truck I have driven to date and I have driven most of them. Every time I go out to the track with it, I feel like a losi REP with how many questions im asked about what the heck are you running its like a bat out of hell. I feel like I should get a commission for how many trucks I sold people on every week.LOL
Chase1472 is offline  
Old 03-25-2011, 04:05 PM
  #4847  
Tech Apprentice
 
hgrove99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 78
Default

Originally Posted by Chase1472 View Post
I agree with hacker07 awesome truck, this is the best SCT truck I have driven to date and I have driven most of them. Every time I go out to the track with it, I feel like a losi REP with how many questions im asked about what the heck are you running its like a bat out of hell. I feel like I should get a commission for how many trucks I sold people on every week.LOL
yup! during practice i see a few guys all of a sudden track marshel so they can touch the bitchen losi (if i mess up)
hgrove99 is offline  
Old 03-25-2011, 04:27 PM
  #4848  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (25)
 
AnonymousUser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: San Diego, Ca
Posts: 307
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by hacker07 View Post
I just want to put a big THANK YOU to those of you sticking by me. If any of you really knew what I have been working on and what we are trying to do and what we got versus what we ordered, and the QA we did do, you would hopefully agree, we are really doing everything we can. I am doing everything I can. This truck is an awesome truck aside from these darn diff pins as evident by all the races it has already won and from the bits of kudos some have posted here.

Again...thanks a ton.
No worries, while it is frustrating I understand $hit happens and I'm ok with it. The customer service has been great on your end and I've found ways to keep the truck going on my end.

All seriousness aside, just make sure pins and gears are available before the AE SC10 4x4 is released
AnonymousUser is offline  
Old 03-25-2011, 04:32 PM
  #4849  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
iTrader: (9)
 
SaladFork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Earth
Posts: 3,349
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Chase1472 View Post
I agree with hacker07 awesome truck, this is the best SCT truck I have driven to date and I have driven most of them. Every time I go out to the track with it, I feel like a losi REP with how many questions im asked about what the heck are you running its like a bat out of hell. I feel like I should get a commission for how many trucks I sold people on every week.LOL
While I don't want anything in return my prototype Ten X sold 5 Losi SCTe's after they saw it in action. Two people who drove it when into the shop and pre-ordered them right after. Which is why I was so ticked when the pin issue wasn't addressed. They all came to me when the pin issue came up after I had mentioned the issue before they bought it but said it was fixed. Made me feel like shit.
SaladFork is offline  
Old 03-25-2011, 04:41 PM
  #4850  
Tech Master
iTrader: (90)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Sonora, California
Posts: 1,324
Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)
Default

How's everyone's bodies holding up? Mines done after 3 race days, large crack from front wheel well to middle of windsheild. Seems weird that the truck is heavy yet they made a "lightweight" body?! I know its the highest part of the truck but it also gets most of the abuse.
b121774 is offline  
Old 03-25-2011, 04:44 PM
  #4851  
Tech Master
iTrader: (13)
 
Ridley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,460
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by SaladFork View Post
While I don't want anything in return my prototype Ten X sold 5 Losi SCTe's after they saw it in action. Two people who drove it when into the shop and pre-ordered them right after. Which is why I was so ticked when the pin issue wasn't addressed. They all came to me when the pin issue came up after I had mentioned the issue before they bought it but said it was fixed. Made me feel like shit.
Better be careful talking like that Next thing you know people will call you a flamer and say you need a shrink

I know exactly how you feel though....exactly the same situation here At least I was able to procure Chris's pins for all of my closest friends on his first batch
Ridley is offline  
Old 03-25-2011, 04:57 PM
  #4852  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
iTrader: (9)
 
SaladFork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Earth
Posts: 3,349
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by b121774 View Post
How's everyone's bodies holding up? Mines done after 3 race days, large crack from front wheel well to middle of windsheild. Seems weird that the truck is heavy yet they made a "lightweight" body?! I know its the highest part of the truck but it also gets most of the abuse.
Mines good... 2.5oz oz shoe goo, looks brand new still.

Originally Posted by Ridley View Post
Better be careful talking like that Next thing you know people will call you a flamer and say you need a shrink

I know exactly how you feel though....exactly the same situation here At least I was able to procure Chris's pins for all of my closest friends on his first batch
LMAO, I almost did need a shrink the day I got to the track and peeps coming up to me showing me rocky diffs and weird noises. I didn't even unpack my truck, I left and came home and posted about it. I then spent the entire night trying to find some pins that would work. Everyone here came together and found a solution so the problem was fixable. It's all good I know it's not Ryans problem and I feel bad for him since he's the walking target since he does post. I work as a product designer and have shipped some shady stuff and it wasn't my fault, I knew about the issue brought it up to the group but you know how it goes, they shipped it anyways. Oh well they just sold out for 39 billion.
SaladFork is offline  
Old 03-25-2011, 05:03 PM
  #4853  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (3)
 
shadowracer24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: lakeland fla.
Posts: 824
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

For some of you guys asking about the Speed Passion GT2.0 Pro esc. Although this is a very good esc it is not for this truck. It has a built in program that cuts power to the motor through a program called throttle signal loss protection. Under hard acceleration you lose half power to the motor and sounds just like a diff slipping. Thought that was what was happining on mine and drove me nuts trying to figure out why when the diffs looked perfect. Changed the esc and sure enough the power was back and tons of punch. Good for 2wd trucks or buggys but not the power that these beast require. Also the novak 14mm tunable rotor is the way to go with the novak 4.5 motor, tons of tork and the temps dropped from 150 to 160 down to 118 to 130 and longer run times. Also curred the stutter problem I was having with my MMP, runs perfect now.
shadowracer24 is offline  
Old 03-25-2011, 05:35 PM
  #4854  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (163)
 
ta_man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 4,946
Trader Rating: 163 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by rcgod View Post
Go to the hardware store and get 2 or 3 3mm drill bits. An hour or so with a dremel and cutoff wheel and you'll have diff pins that should last just fine. Just use the part where there are no flutes cut in the bit. That's what I did and it works great. Even if you use cheap bit like harbor freight has they will still be hard enough to last until the new parts are available.
Or get M2/M7 tool steel reamer blanks from McMaster-Carr and don't worry about the flutes.
ta_man is offline  
Old 03-25-2011, 05:56 PM
  #4855  
Tech Regular
 
Buzz3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 440
Default

What aluminum servo horn do I want for a spektrum servo? JR?
Buzz3 is offline  
Old 03-25-2011, 06:15 PM
  #4856  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
BmainStar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: pullin in,ca.
Posts: 1,985
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

[QUOTE=Ridley;8861686]Better be careful talking like that Next thing you know people will call you a flamer and say you need a shrink // They might even steal your words and add them to their sig!!!It`s all good Ridley we do appreciate your insight!!
BmainStar is offline  
Old 03-25-2011, 06:17 PM
  #4857  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (12)
 
badassrevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Roaming Shores, Ohio
Posts: 3,324
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Buzz3 View Post
What aluminum servo horn do I want for a spektrum servo? JR?
Yes, JR
badassrevo is offline  
Old 03-25-2011, 06:19 PM
  #4858  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (25)
 
AnonymousUser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: San Diego, Ca
Posts: 307
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by badassrevo View Post
Yes, JR
Would this be it?
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...m-Servo-Arm-JR
AnonymousUser is offline  
Old 03-25-2011, 06:29 PM
  #4859  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (12)
 
badassrevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Roaming Shores, Ohio
Posts: 3,324
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by AnonymousUser View Post
Thats the one.
badassrevo is offline  
Old 03-25-2011, 06:31 PM
  #4860  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (32)
 
rcgod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Blackfoot Idaho.
Posts: 3,353
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by ta_man View Post
Or get M2/M7 tool steel reamer blanks from McMaster-Carr and don't worry about the flutes.
+1. That's an even better option. My suggestion was for those guys who don't want to race with worn or stock pins. Almost any town has a hardware store so they aren't down for another race weekend.
rcgod is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.