Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 08:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Losi peeps-

what pinion will the truck come with?

have you guys experimented with any different oil wt's in the diffs?
Old 01-31-2011, 08:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

man, I'm really tempted to pick one of these up. Are the possible future plans for a light weight chassis? CNC?
Old 01-31-2011, 09:08 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (85%+)

Originally Posted by BrodieMan
It should be TLR product for sure. SC's are not really bashers IMO especially with how huge the class is now. Ditch the 'race roller' release it as a kit and slap on some TLR logos. Save the "Losi" brand for RTR's

Looks like another home run for Losi. Just waiting on a TC and a 4wd buggy
dude my slash 4x4 i beat the sh*t out of and all i have broken was the stock rims and a tie rod. this thing looks stronger then the slash by far im definatly picking one of these guys up. gunna run a mamba max pro with a novak 550 motor. gunna be sweeeet
Old 01-31-2011, 09:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

We are always looking at products that our customers may want. A lightened chassis has crossed our minds but the price would be fairly high and not sure if the SC customer is willing to spend that to save a few ounces. We are working on other products that it would appear everyone will want and should be announced soon.
Old 01-31-2011, 09:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 218 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker07
We are always looking at products that our customers may want. A lightened chassis has crossed our minds but the price would be fairly high and not sure if the SC customer is willing to spend that to save a few ounces. We are working on other products that it would appear everyone will want and should be announced soon.
what about a CNC chassis like the 1/8 scale stuff
Old 01-31-2011, 09:50 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by hacker07

Hmmmm..any hints about those products?

I would like to see a lighter chassis.....

But I'd rather see some high quality spring steel drive cups, vented aluminum shock caps, some rear arm dirt guards, some optional swaybars, and maybe some slightly higher throw front knuckles.

Oh, and some replacement dogbone pins made available

There's really not too much else that can be improved on, the truck is dialed.

Oh wait....how about a factory made "belt drive sucks" rear bumper sign
Old 01-31-2011, 10:16 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

You already have sway bars for this truck available.

http://www.losi.com/Products/Feature...rodId=LOSB2222

Since it shares plateform there are a ton of hopups already out. Adjustable front and rear pivots, alum rear hubs, alum shock caps (you can drill and put foam in for vents if you like), carbon towers, machined towers just to name a few. There will be more stuff coming as well!
Old 01-31-2011, 10:35 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper

Since it shares plateform there are a ton of hopups already out. Adjustable front and rear pivots, alum rear hubs, alum shock caps (you can drill and put foam in for vents if you like), carbon towers, machined towers just to name a few. There will be more stuff coming as well!

Casper what do you think will be the best ESC/Motor for this truck for indoor/out door tracks
Old 01-31-2011, 10:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Alright! I'm sold. The support that the TLR guys are showing is awesome. My hyper is going up for sale.

This kind of support for products and interaction with customers shows that TLR has an ear to the customer and is committed to making great products.

pre order in process
Old 01-31-2011, 11:01 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I am leaning towards getting this truck but am wondering about ESC and motor set-up. I have a Tekin RS ESC with a min turn limit of 5, so was thinking about the Tekin short course 5.5 turn motor. Will this be okay or am I going to have problems with the RS thermaling? Is there enough room for a RX8? Would prefer to use the RS since I already have it, but will try to sell and get something else if necessary. Thanks!
Old 01-31-2011, 11:02 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by colter
I am leaning towards getting this truck but am wondering about ESC and motor set-up. I have a Tekin RS ESC with a min turn limit of 5, so was thinking about the Tekin short course 5.5 turn motor. Will this be okay or am I going to have problems with the RS thermaling? Is there enough room for a RX8? Would prefer to use the RS since I already have it, but will try to sell and get something else if necessary. Thanks!
BTW- I will mostly be racing at an indoor, smooth surface clay track. Thanks.
Old 01-31-2011, 11:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

The upgrades are nice - shock caps, toe blocks, rear hub carriers, CF shock towers. I have them on my 810e. If the SCt handles anything remotely close to the 810, it is absolutely going to destroy any of the other SC trucks since it is closer to an 8th scale in function than a 10th scale imho.

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/russellm/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-3.png[/IMG]
Old 01-31-2011, 11:34 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Casper

Thanks, didn't see those on the website.

Do you happen to know the weight difference between the machined shock towers and the CF ones?
Old 01-31-2011, 11:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ridley
Thanks, didn't see those on the website.

Do you happen to know the weight difference between the machined shock towers and the CF ones?
If I recall, it was about 20 grams or so between both towers. I weighed all the parts on my 810 when swapping them out. The only parts that were heavier than stock were the rear hub carriers. Maybe 4 or 5 grams heavier, so negligible. The toe blocks are quite a bit lighter than the stock ones.

F&R Toe blocks, CF towers, and Titanium hinge pins save almost 2.5 oz I believe.
Old 01-31-2011, 12:34 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gibsonk042000
Casper what do you think will be the best ESC/Motor for this truck for indoor/out door tracks
We are using Xcelorin ESC's with 550 4.5T motors. I would think any high end ESC would work. LRP, Xcelorin, SP. I would contact Tekin on the RS with 550 motors. A 550 4.5 turns a LOT less RPM then a similar 540 motor. I don't see why the RS would not handle the 4.5T 550 motors but don't know for sure. There is plenty of room for what ever ESC you chose even 8th scale systems.

I have been really happy with my Novak Ballistic 4.5. Ryan just put in a Tekin 4.5 550 motor in his and it is very fast as well. LRP will have there motor out soon as well so a few good choices for 550 racing motors out there!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.