Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 07:37 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by dan-o
BE careful on with Hobbypartz, check the "whats going on with hobbypartz" thread , After 2 weeks of trying to get my refund to these exact batteries being out of stock, I had to have paypal reverse the transaction. Paypal had no luck of contacting the seller, and my repeated once a day emails and phone calls got nothing.

NO communication and these were noted as in stock when I ordered.
similar story here, my order had issues an I had to spend quite a bit of time and effort to get them to communicate with me

you can't call them, and they're very slow to email. I think they basically say, we're cheap so we don't need to have any service.... I'd rather pay a couple bucks more and have at least a little service.
Old 03-24-2011, 07:40 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Buzz3
Salad... What do you think of those Nanotech batteries? Do you see any advantage over the regular Turnigy's? I picked up the 6000 25-50 version. I figured at 5 bucks more a battery it was worth a shot. The downside is I think there being paddled over here in a canoe. Hopefully i'll have them next week.
Nanotech 6000 DO NOT FIT MOST TRUCKS they are about 5/8 of an inch too long compared to a std battery..
i managed to get them into my slash 4x4 and they will fit the losi with all the stops removed but they are NOTm regular sized more of an airplane batt i think.
also they could chill with the wire. its like 8 gauge... wayyyyy tooo much wire it really hard to solder its so big and comes with bullets
dim
47mm w
21mm hi
153mm long
again they will fit most but not all
deffy not in a sc104x4 thats for sure i measured those numbers from my packs

Last edited by xxfile; 03-24-2011 at 07:42 AM. Reason: addtl info
Old 03-24-2011, 07:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

BE careful on with Hobbypartz, check the "whats going on with hobbypartz" thread , After 2 weeks of trying to get my refund to these exact batteries being out of stock, I had to have paypal reverse the transaction. Paypal had no luck of contacting the seller, and my repeated once a day emails and phone calls got nothing.

really, i didnt have any issues, just emailed them sure to make sure in stock. packs run good.

Originally Posted by 8ight-e
what size lipo's etc? what's under the hood for comparison The only 'upgrade' that added weight was the rear shock tower, but after all the pic's and info I've seen it was worth it.
ballastic 4.5t, mmp, 3 - 1/4oz sticks to rear tower area. 5000mah battery. few cheese holes in battery tray.
Old 03-24-2011, 07:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Benny 13
. this is what my truck weighs in driving mode. don't have anything done fancy to it.

cool colors! cool truck, which chevy body is that?
Old 03-24-2011, 07:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I know some were having trouble. Just to lend a different perspective. The same time everyone was complaining, I ordered two of the 40C ones (I didn't know the 50C's existed) anyway, I got order confirmation immediately, shipping confirmation later that same day and got the batteries I think three days later. I have never had a problem with them.
Old 03-24-2011, 08:08 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chiro972
I know some were having trouble. Just to lend a different perspective. The same time everyone was complaining, I ordered two of the 40C ones (I didn't know the 50C's existed) anyway, I got order confirmation immediately, shipping confirmation later that same day and got the batteries I think three days later. I have never had a problem with them.
I have bought quite a few batteries and a charger from them with no problems. But I always made sure they had them in stock.
Old 03-24-2011, 08:11 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Springs

Did anyone happen to pick up an extra set of gold, and silver springs they would like to part with ?? I am starting to go crazy waiting for the last item I need to get back in stock..

Thanks,
James
Old 03-24-2011, 08:14 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SaladFork
Nitrohouse is one of the best kept secrets in R/C...
anyone knows why they singled out Singapore as a 'non shipped' country?
Old 03-24-2011, 08:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

I didn't see it on page #1 and didn't catch it in the thread..

Stock shock oil weight?
Stock shock pistons?
Stock angles on front and rear pivot mounts? 3'?

Did Truhe post his recent setup sheet?

I just got mine today (surprise) and it's great looking.. swapped in those pins the guy is making on here, kept the center and rear grease, swapped the rear to 3k fluid. I've been told to run some w/ the grease first, I guess many are liking it more than the oils.. Anyway here she is, granted I didn't leave it whole for more than 10minutes The only bad thing is I know tomorrow when I run it my rear hubs are going to pull off the rear a-arms the moron who is pulling them from the mold is taking off WAY too much material. If they were to spec, they might be pretty good. Darn.. Guess I'll hitup losi when I call for the 'upgraded' replacement pins.

Sorry no weight yet, she is lighter.. also is a shot of the ten-t front carbon tower from integy.. actually looks prety nice, more options to mount as well.

First shots are the new and improved battery/esc tray.. cut a nice chunk off, lowered it 1/8" to the chassis as well. (had to tim nubs on the center plate and 2nd hole on whats left of the mud guard (just the excess). Went ahead and just cut off the mud flaps and sides of the rear bumper as well.
You should pick up some tekno steering servo towers and be the first? to to that mod and get rid of that rx/box.

Also I dont understand why people having bumper problems. What the heck are you guys doing?? long darting the tripple? This truck seems tough to me.
Old 03-24-2011, 08:23 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shortcut
They are custom pins, they are exact fit. I had only eight min. of run time on my truck, I think the gears may just need to be broken in.
Alright, problem solved, the gears just needed to be broken in. I ran it in a drill for 20 sec. each direction, smoothed right out. I was missing one of the 3mm shims between the spider gear and the square craddle the pin sits in. I just used a motor shim as a replacment.

Thanks to Chris Attebery for the awesome replacement pins, I will keep the ones Losi is sending for spares.
Old 03-24-2011, 08:28 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

I didn't see it on page #1 and didn't catch it in the thread..

Stock shock oil weight?
Stock shock pistons?
Stock angles on front and rear pivot mounts? 3'?

Did Truhe post his recent setup sheet?

I just got mine today (surprise) and it's great looking.. swapped in those pins the guy is making on here, kept the center and rear grease, swapped the rear to 3k fluid. I've been told to run some w/ the grease first, I guess many are liking it more than the oils.. Anyway here she is, granted I didn't leave it whole for more than 10minutes The only bad thing is I know tomorrow when I run it my rear hubs are going to pull off the rear a-arms the moron who is pulling them from the mold is taking off WAY too much material. If they were to spec, they might be pretty good. Darn.. Guess I'll hitup losi when I call for the 'upgraded' replacement pins.

Sorry no weight yet, she is lighter.. also is a shot of the ten-t front carbon tower from integy.. actually looks prety nice, more options to mount as well.

First shots are the new and improved battery/esc tray.. cut a nice chunk off, lowered it 1/8" to the chassis as well. (had to tim nubs on the center plate and 2nd hole on whats left of the mud guard (just the excess). Went ahead and just cut off the mud flaps and sides of the rear bumper as well.
Stock shocks are #3 pistons with what is about 30wt oil. (factory oil and genuine losi oil are not extactly the same).

I don't remember the stock kick up but if you get adjustable mounts all 0's is stock.

Rear is 3 deg of toe and 2 deg antisquat. Again all 0's for adjustable mounts is stock.

Stock pistons a #4? With those pistons what equiv oil to get the same feel as the #3/30wt do you think would be needed?

Also your rear link is on the b? The link doesn't appear to have enough threads to hold that position w/o issues.. did you replace that link w/ a longer one?

Do you guys have any limiters in your rear shocks?

Thanks!
Again stock piston is a #3 with about 30wt.

There should be plenty of thread to hold in all positions.

Originally Posted by kerby
Look at all that grease!!! I don't think that much is needed. That's what mine was like from the factory as well.
The grease is not for lubrication (it does that too) but it is in there to slow down the gears so you need to pack it in and not just coat the gears.
Old 03-24-2011, 08:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wcrase101
cool colors! cool truck, which chevy body is that?
proline silverado from my blitz
Old 03-24-2011, 08:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shortcut
Alright, problem solved, the gears just needed to be broken in. I ran it in a drill for 20 sec. each direction, smoothed right out. I was missing one of the 3mm shims between the spider gear and the square craddle the pin sits in. I just used a motor shim as a replacment.

Thanks to Chris Attebery for the awesome replacement pins, I will keep the ones Losi is sending for spares.
Just picked up my truck and looking forward to getting it running...How do you go about getting the custom pins. Also is that the only upgrade needed prior to really running the truck. Thanks guys
Old 03-24-2011, 08:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Best Post Ever.
Originally Posted by MarqueeRc
Im sick of this bs .....Aside from the silly diff-pin problem, this truck (from losi and not your lil concoption based off losi platforms) has been great for way more than the few that have encountered these "teething" issues...I am from florida, maybe it's the wether here but most have held up great durabiltiy wise on big loose(real off-road conditions)"hurtem" type tracks??You are flaming on here worst than a swedish hair stylist, sorry to be blunt as no one should give a rats azz that you built this truck b/f the manufacturer..You stating that you actually feel guilty for others having problems says alot about nothing and is simply unproductive to this thread...I dunno get a shrink? It's there platform and there truck that I have invested into and not some self appointed rc purist that seems like he wants recognition for something and comes off as he thinks he knows it all....Im getting sick of this crap just shut the f - up and move on!!!
Old 03-24-2011, 08:59 AM
Team Tekin

Originally Posted by Cult Racing
yes it will, here is the eliterc site:

http://www.elitercd.com/index.php
Elite mounts are awesome, I have them in both my 1/8s.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.