Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 01-03-2018, 08:51 AM
  #46501  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (7)
 
1fastslash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: CO CO COUNTY CA
Posts: 337
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Casper
If geared properly should run till the battery dies. We really don't run "10th scale stuff" as we run 4 pole motors. The Tekin 4300HD is a monster of a motor in this truck. It is 2S only though. They do make ones that go 2S/3S. I would recommend something like Spektrum AVC is you are planning to run 3S or 4S power through this truck.
I will probably only run 4's one time just to see how stupid it is .lol. Ill mainly be running 2s and some 3s . I just have learned over the years for the way I play to err on the side of caution and go a little heavier duty then necessary on my electronics .
1fastslash is offline  
Old 01-03-2018, 08:53 AM
  #46502  
Tech Master
iTrader: (240)
 
nitro_mt_racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Wapakoneta OH
Posts: 1,683
Trader Rating: 240 (100%+)
Default

Are you gonna get enough speed out of an 1:8 motor on 2s?
nitro_mt_racer is offline  
Old 01-03-2018, 08:56 AM
  #46503  
Tech Prophet
iTrader: (34)
 
Casper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Orange, Ca
Posts: 17,869
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

If he chooses the right motor it will be fine. Big and heavy but can work. 540 4 pole motors get the job done quite well and are very powerful. The Dynamite systems with 3800kv motor are beats in cars like the Vaterra Glamis and Fear as well as the Halix. and go 2s and 3s.
Casper is offline  
Old 01-03-2018, 08:58 AM
  #46504  
Tech Master
iTrader: (240)
 
nitro_mt_racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Wapakoneta OH
Posts: 1,683
Trader Rating: 240 (100%+)
Default

Correct but he's talking about installing an Orion 1:8 system.
nitro_mt_racer is offline  
Old 01-03-2018, 09:11 AM
  #46505  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (7)
 
1fastslash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: CO CO COUNTY CA
Posts: 337
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by nitro_mt_racer
Correct but he's talking about installing an Orion 1:8 system.
Originally Posted by Casper
If he chooses the right motor it will be fine. Big and heavy but can work. 540 4 pole motors get the job done quite well and are very powerful. The Dynamite systems with 3800kv motor are beats in cars like the Vaterra Glamis and Fear as well as the Halix. and go 2s and 3s.
It's not like a big fat Momba monster system its a take out from Kyosho 8th scale car . Its what I would consider barely an 8th scale setup . lol. I have a sensored Hobbywing and a older Momba monster set up that I would consider true 8th scale. The motor is pretty much 8th scale size but the ESC is more of a beefed up 10th scale esc in my opinion . I can get both brand new for just over $100 so Im leaning heavily towards the combo .
1fastslash is offline  
Old 01-03-2018, 09:23 AM
  #46506  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (7)
 
1fastslash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: CO CO COUNTY CA
Posts: 337
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

You know what you gurus got me thinking and I'm thinking the motor is too big for what I want to do . I think I'm leaning back towards a properly sized motor for the truck.
1fastslash is offline  
Old 01-03-2018, 09:27 AM
  #46507  
Tech Master
iTrader: (240)
 
nitro_mt_racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Wapakoneta OH
Posts: 1,683
Trader Rating: 240 (100%+)
Default

It's all about kv on that 1:8 motor
nitro_mt_racer is offline  
Old 01-03-2018, 09:51 AM
  #46508  
Tech Prophet
iTrader: (34)
 
Casper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Orange, Ca
Posts: 17,869
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

I would recommend something like this for you.

Fuze 6-pole 540 4WD SCT WP Sensorless BL Combo V2 (DYNS0710): Vaterra

ESC can go to 4S but motor is only 3S rated.

Let me just say similar systems in a vaterra Glamis fear is just silly fast on 3S
Casper is offline  
Old 01-04-2018, 08:10 AM
  #46509  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (7)
 
1fastslash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: CO CO COUNTY CA
Posts: 337
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Casper
I would recommend something like this for you.

Fuze 6-pole 540 4WD SCT WP Sensorless BL Combo V2 (DYNS0710): Vaterra

ESC can go to 4S but motor is only 3S rated.

Let me just say similar systems in a vaterra Glamis fear is just silly fast on 3S
I was looking at that kit but I ended up going with the Hobbywing SCT Pro and a stock losi 2400kv which I think is just a blue CC motor .

https://www.amainhobbies.com/hobbywi...020262/p279090
1fastslash is offline  
Old 01-04-2018, 08:12 AM
  #46510  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (7)
 
1fastslash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: CO CO COUNTY CA
Posts: 337
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Thank you everyone for you suggestions and feed back it is appreciated . Ill be back for more info as this build moves along .
1fastslash is offline  
Old 01-04-2018, 09:41 AM
  #46511  
Tech Master
iTrader: (66)
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Mc Rae, AR
Posts: 1,463
Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by 1fastslash
I was looking at that kit but I ended up going with the Hobbywing SCT Pro and a stock losi 2400kv which I think is just a blue CC motor .

https://www.amainhobbies.com/hobbywi...020262/p279090
Castle 2400kv motor is very good on 3s. Its not the same as the Losi blue motor made by Castle though.
LOSI BLUE IS A 550-SIZED, FOUR-POLE, 2800KV SC MOTOR

I would say they are both very good on 3s. With same gearing the 2400kv will make more tourqe and the blue Losi motor will make more top speed while being slightly easier to drive down low. The Blue unit on 2s was not enough to run with a Tekin Pro4 4600kv on top in a racing format, but sure did give it a good run on bottom and mid-range which is everywhere else. Excellent basher motor on 3s.

Much the same can be said for the Castle 2400kv. On 3s both of these motors can run with the best 2s motors available today. Ultimately, the 2400kv on 3s is great for bashing, but not necessarily better for racing on a track. You can only put down so much power and more often than not, smoother power is faster over time with fewer mistakes. The 2400kv can be overwhelming for the traction available on corner exit.

All motors have a place, but track lap times and basher fun meter are not going to be the same. Can be close if 3s is allowed on the track. You are using a good combo for what you described you wanted it for and that will prove to be a good system on 3s. Keep motor timing to 0 and run a fan to get the most life out of it. Should be fun.
Thunder Trail is offline  
Old 01-04-2018, 10:25 AM
  #46512  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (7)
 
1fastslash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: CO CO COUNTY CA
Posts: 337
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Thunder Trail
Castle 2400kv motor is very good on 3s. Its not the same as the Losi blue motor made by Castle though.
LOSI BLUE IS A 550-SIZED, FOUR-POLE, 2800KV SC MOTOR

I would say they are both very good on 3s. With same gearing the 2400kv will make more tourqe and the blue Losi motor will make more top speed while being slightly easier to drive down low. The Blue unit on 2s was not enough to run with a Tekin Pro4 4600kv on top in a racing format, but sure did give it a good run on bottom and mid-range which is everywhere else. Excellent basher motor on 3s.

Much the same can be said for the Castle 2400kv. On 3s both of these motors can run with the best 2s motors available today. Ultimately, the 2400kv on 3s is great for bashing, but not necessarily better for racing on a track. You can only put down so much power and more often than not, smoother power is faster over time with fewer mistakes. The 2400kv can be overwhelming for the traction available on corner exit.

All motors have a place, but track lap times and basher fun meter are not going to be the same. Can be close if 3s is allowed on the track. You are using a good combo for what you described you wanted it for and that will prove to be a good system on 3s. Keep motor timing to 0 and run a fan to get the most life out of it. Should be fun.
I might have miss spoken when I mentioned the kv of the blue losi motor . Thanks for clarifying all that for me . I run the same blue losi motor in a LCG slash 4x4 thats got way to much money into it ( I know I know lol). I run the Slash on 2s with an older pretty blue Hobbywing 80 amp ESC and it does pretty well for the back yard racing we do. On the SCTE I think this set up will be temporary until I find a screaming deal on a nice sensored 550 motor. Until then I just wanna get everything together and go race my friend that keeps kicking my Slash's butt with his SCTE . I think I might throw it down with the slash body on it and not even tell him whats under the hood should be pretty fun . Thanks again for the info
1fastslash is offline  
Old 01-05-2018, 07:30 AM
  #46513  
Tech Master
iTrader: (66)
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Mc Rae, AR
Posts: 1,463
Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by 1fastslash
I might have miss spoken when I mentioned the kv of the blue losi motor . Thanks for clarifying all that for me . I run the same blue losi motor in a LCG slash 4x4 thats got way to much money into it ( I know I know lol). I run the Slash on 2s with an older pretty blue Hobbywing 80 amp ESC and it does pretty well for the back yard racing we do. On the SCTE I think this set up will be temporary until I find a screaming deal on a nice sensored 550 motor. Until then I just wanna get everything together and go race my friend that keeps kicking my Slash's butt with his SCTE . I think I might throw it down with the slash body on it and not even tell him whats under the hood should be pretty fun . Thanks again for the info
Oh, your fine about the KV. I just wanted to share the info knowing others could benefit from it as well.
Thunder Trail is offline  
Old 01-05-2018, 07:45 AM
  #46514  
Tech Master
iTrader: (240)
 
nitro_mt_racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Wapakoneta OH
Posts: 1,683
Trader Rating: 240 (100%+)
Default

Hard to beat this 550 4 pole option:

https://www.rcjuice.com/motor-esc/br...sct-motor.html
nitro_mt_racer is offline  
Old 01-05-2018, 07:46 AM
  #46515  
Tech Master
iTrader: (240)
 
nitro_mt_racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Wapakoneta OH
Posts: 1,683
Trader Rating: 240 (100%+)
Default

Hard to beat this 550 4 pole option:

https://www.rcjuice.com/motor-esc/br...sct-motor.html
nitro_mt_racer is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.