Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 12-31-2015, 08:45 AM
Tech Rookie

Does anyone know where to find a receiver box for either losi ten scte 2.0, or losi 22 sct 2.0??
Old 01-01-2016, 08:46 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by gernaat
Well why would I doubt you A quick bench test shows its in the center. With a some throttle... grabbed both rear tires and can see pinion and spur spinning but no rear drive shaft. Back to the drawing board.

Thanks
So I thought that spool locker entirely locked the center diff... wrong. I hot glued the center diff and now I'm in business. If the glue doesn't hold up I'll try the jb weld... but I'm happy with it right now.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread-image.jpeg  

Last edited by gernaat; 01-01-2016 at 09:23 AM.
Old 01-08-2016, 07:44 PM
Tech Rookie

Ok guys, I will apologize up front. Newbie here. Just purchased a brand new in the box Ten SCTE from a guy at the local track. Its about 4 years old but never taken out of the box. This isn't my first rc but is the first that I have to add electronics to and can race. Technically this is my ten year old son's rc. Already purchased a lot of stuff but unsure of some detailed items. What I already bought.
Tools, shock oil, diff oil, grease, tire glue, batteries, 4 bank charger, tx, ride height gauge, camber gauge, transponder, hitec 7055tg, tekin pro4hd 4300, tekin rx8. My question is what spur and pinion do I need? I have tried to research but there is just so much info available that it's confusing. 39 or 40 spur? What pinion? Is this a Mod 1? Known parts that need replacing/upgrading before hitting the track? Thanks in advance and specifics on spur and pinion or even links would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-09-2016, 05:46 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by CJClyde
My question is what spur and pinion do I need? I have tried to research but there is just so much info available that it's confusing. 39 or 40 spur? What pinion? Is this a Mod 1? Known parts that need replacing/upgrading before hitting the track? Thanks in advance and specifics on spur and pinion or even links would be greatly appreciated.
The truck comes stock with a 40T MOD1 Spur gear. Pinion gears will be your choice depending on what power system you plan on running. Pinion size is also determined by what size track you are running on, also what motor and ESC temps you are reading. The BEST tool for you to buy is an infrared temp gun. With this, you can monitor ESC, motor and even battery temps. My truck is equipped with the Novak Pulse V2 ESC with Tekin SC4X 4.5T 550 motor. I run on a medium sized indoor carpet track. Therefore, I only have use for a 13 and 14T pinion gear.
Old 01-09-2016, 06:41 AM
dtr
Tech Master

Definitely get an aluminum servo horn.
The stock shock towers are prone to bending; replace them with carbon towers when they are out of shape.
The kingheadz front upright for the center diff will reduce wear on the diif outdrive and drive pin.
Old 01-24-2016, 09:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

One thing about the used and or new V1 trucks that make them a great starting point for racing is that just about all the parts interchange with the 2.0 truck. Fix your diff leaks at rebuilt time and slowly upgrade to the 2.0 as parts need to be replaced. The V-1 truck is still a front runner, the updates just make it more durable and handle even better.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...f-diffs-3.html
Old 02-03-2016, 07:55 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Wtb and shims

What size shims will I need to rebuild diffs, also diff pinion and outer axle shims?

Anyone have the snr front and rear +9mm shock mounts they want to sell? And what aluminum shock standoffs work for this mod? Thank you...

Also looking for tekno front drive shaft and hub set.
Also looking for aluminum front and rear arm cariers....
Please pm me..
Old 02-04-2016, 02:26 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by shumway
What size shims will I need to rebuild diffs, also diff pinion and outer axle shims?

Anyone have the snr front and rear +9mm shock mounts they want to sell? And what aluminum shock standoffs work for this mod? Thank you...

Also looking for tekno front drive shaft and hub set.
Also looking for aluminum front and rear arm cariers....
Please pm me..
Not sure if you are asking for the info or for used parts.

Most diff info is in the link I posted above. It includes part numbers for the shims and seal info.

Team Losi Racing Aluminum Rear Gearbox Bearing Insert Set (2) [TLR3100] includes the side shims. Same shims fit front and rear diff housing bearings. Use those to adjust clearance between ring and pinion gears.

Losi 5mm/6mm Metric Shim Set [LOSA6356] works for diff pinion depth, but not often needed. I have used them on the stub axles as well.

Tekno RC HD Center Driveshaft/short (SCTE - Front/SCTE 2.0 - Rear) [TKR2213]

Tekno RC HD Center Driveshaft/long (SCTE - Rear/SCTE 2.0 - Front) [TKR2217]

Front and rear aluminum hubs are not necessary, but the 15 degree carriers have proven to be a worthy upgrade. Team Losi Racing Aluminum 15 Degree Front Spindle Carrier (+2mm) [TLR334017]

Not needed but Losi Aluminum Rear Hub Set [LOSB2130]

To get the most from the 15 degree carriers use Tekno RC M6 Driveshaft & Lightened Outdrive Set [TKR2210X] on the front.

Hope that helps. I don't know about the shock towers....
Old 02-04-2016, 08:25 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Yes looking for used or spares aswell

Originally Posted by Thunder Trail
Not sure if you are asking for the info or for used parts.

Most diff info is in the link I posted above. It includes part numbers for the shims and seal info.

Team Losi Racing Aluminum Rear Gearbox Bearing Insert Set (2) [TLR3100] includes the side shims. Same shims fit front and rear diff housing bearings. Use those to adjust clearance between ring and pinion gears.

Losi 5mm/6mm Metric Shim Set [LOSA6356] works for diff pinion depth, but not often needed. I have used them on the stub axles as well.

Tekno RC HD Center Driveshaft/short (SCTE - Front/SCTE 2.0 - Rear) [TKR2213]

Tekno RC HD Center Driveshaft/long (SCTE - Rear/SCTE 2.0 - Front) [TKR2217]

Front and rear aluminum hubs are not necessary, but the 15 degree carriers have proven to be a worthy upgrade. Team Losi Racing Aluminum 15 Degree Front Spindle Carrier (+2mm) [TLR334017]

Not needed but Losi Aluminum Rear Hub Set [LOSB2130]

To get the most from the 15 degree carriers use Tekno RC M6 Driveshaft & Lightened Outdrive Set [TKR2210X] on the front.

Hope that helps. I don't know about the shock towers....
Thank you..
-Yes looking for used or spare parts also,

-snr +9mm ft and rear shock tower
-Ft and rear aluminum adjustable hinge pin mounts
-tekno ft drive set and a spare dbone for front
-15 degree caster blocks
-Losi ft/rr light out drives if I can't get the tekno
-plastic rod ends, rear hubs
-center diff brace
-mip super diffs x3

I'm looking for someone who has extra parts and moved on from the scte, I don't mind buying used on some items also.
Thank you...Please pm me for parts
Old 05-19-2016, 05:46 PM
Tech Master

ops, double post
Old 05-19-2016, 05:50 PM
Tech Master

I just got the V3 ball bearing plate from Vision Racing. Took out a lot of slop on my V1 and 2.0 truck.
www.visionracing.net
Old 06-02-2016, 11:34 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Good thread will read more got the girl friend a nitro that was converted so will need help with the upgrades needed . should be here Monday . after teardown I'll know more
Old 06-04-2016, 02:11 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by barryjcm
Good thread will read more got the girl friend a nitro that was converted so will need help with the upgrades needed . should be here Monday . after teardown I'll know more
Don't forget that all the 2.0 parts will fit. even more info about the truck here
http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...it-thread.html
Old 06-05-2016, 08:13 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Thunder Trail
Don't forget that all the 2.0 parts will fit. even more info about the truck here
http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...it-thread.html
Thanks for info
Old 06-05-2016, 08:23 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Good idea to do a -search- in the "for sale" ads before u spend a ton of money on hop ups. You might find a killer deal on a quality finished one and have yours for spare parts or sell it as is and get the newer one less than 1/2 price. Just a thought.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.