Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 06-25-2015, 11:19 AM
Tech Addict

Default LOSI 2.0 SCT CHASSIS FROM M2C RACING

These chassis are made using 1/8 inch(3.25mm) thick 7075 aircraft grade materials and clear anodized.

we have tested and tweeked these chassis to provide the racers a top notch chassis that will perform very well on all surfaces.

this model is made for the tracks with a low wear charastic.

FEATURES:

hardened droop screw stops to prevent chassis wear and droop changes.

Steel replacable rear skid plate

weight 271 grams

REPLACEMENT SKID PLATE 6752
Old 10-31-2015, 01:18 PM
Tech Addict

Here is footage of a buddy enjoying his along with a Traxxas Slash:

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 11-25-2015, 05:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

OK this thread maybe dead but I'm trying to get my truck to handle on carpet. It's not stock and has the first tlr upgrade pack and chassis. I'm tuning a pro and a rx8. The problem is I'm getting a terrible push. When going slow it turns OK but give it throttle and it pushes the front wheels almost straight. I have a Hite 7955 or six whatever the high torque servo is.
Old 11-26-2015, 07:04 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by LosiMadMan
OK this thread maybe dead but I'm trying to get my truck to handle on carpet. It's not stock and has the first tlr upgrade pack and chassis. I'm tuning a pro and a rx8. The problem is I'm getting a terrible push. When going slow it turns OK but give it throttle and it pushes the front wheels almost straight. I have a Hite 7955 or six whatever the high torque servo is.
What tires are you using? Also, how is your suspension setup? The reason I ask is because I run carpet off road exclusively. You can PM me if you like and we can talk setups.
Old 11-26-2015, 07:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LosiMadMan
Check your servo saver and make sure it's tight. I always run mine almost locked down. Especially on high traction tracks.
Old 11-26-2015, 05:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by rcgod
Check your servo saver and make sure it's tight. I always run mine almost locked down. Especially on high traction tracks.
Not sure why I didn't even think about checking it. Thx
Old 11-26-2015, 05:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by EJ2civic
What tires are you using? Also, how is your suspension setup? The reason I ask is because I run carpet off road exclusively. You can PM me if you like and we can talk setups.
Tried to send you a pm but it wouldn't send. Not sure why... I'm just racing my truck as a secondary class with my 22 2.0 buggy being my main focus. I'm running aka city blocks because that's what I have.
Old 12-02-2015, 01:40 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stelio279
Thanks guys, I figured I could use heavy diff fluid, but didn't realize that such heavy weights were available.

Indeed Casper, this would be a tank of a 2-wd SC truck. It would probably be powered by a 4-pole 540 motor, with EPA throttled down for a young child... I don't think balance will be an issue as much as driving in a straight line without crashing! I figured this will make a great car on which to learn RC driving skills.
How is your 2wd project going Stelio279. I might try this. Any updates are appreciated. Diff fluid used etc. Thanks
Old 12-03-2015, 06:49 AM
Tech Apprentice

Its on indefinite hiatus! Working on growing the family :-) so there is no chance of getting a new 4x4 anytime soon :-( Too much baby furniture to buy! I'm still racing my (heavily upgraded) SCTE when I get the (rare) chance lol.
Old 12-03-2015, 10:19 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by stelio279
Its on indefinite hiatus! Working on growing the family :-) so there is no chance of getting a new 4x4 anytime soon :-( Too much baby furniture to buy! I'm still racing my (heavily upgraded) SCTE when I get the (rare) chance lol.
Nice. I'm out of that stage now, my wife had to have surgery so the factory shut down and now is just a fun center 😊. My kids enjoy the hobby along with me but they don't like the maintenance and repair part of it. I'll see if I can pick up where you left off. Good luck.
Old 12-16-2015, 07:40 PM
Tech Apprentice

Anyone have any experience with hot racing brand parts for the scte? They good quality?
Old 12-29-2015, 08:19 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Casper
What you plan to power it with? This will be one heck of a heavy 2wd car. Balance will be way off as well.

You could fill the center diff with million to 2.5 million diff oil/grease. and see if that works?

http://www.teamgravityrc.com/store1/...=0&sort=normal

or try the puddy stuff

http://www.reflexracing.net/RSD-Sili...ty_p_2204.html
I have a mip convernted scte that is not being used. I want to test it out as a 2wd sc mod car before buying a 2wd truck. Since I've lightened it up with mip options... figure I might as well try it first. I bought a hot racing diff locker and put that in the center diff. I removed the front diff, dog bones and front drive shaft. Gave it a test run and it was awful... rear was slipping like crazy. I could slowly squeeze the trigger and get it up to top speed after about traveling 60yds. Anyway... the rear diff has some mobil red synthetic grease in it. Do i need to try one of these 500K or million wt oils? I've never had any experience with those heavy weights to know if those are heavier than grease.

-thanks-
Old 12-30-2015, 05:15 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by gernaat
I have a mip convernted scte that is not being used. I want to test it out as a 2wd sc mod car before buying a 2wd truck. Since I've lightened it up with mip options... figure I might as well try it first. I bought a hot racing diff locker and put that in the center diff. I removed the front diff, dog bones and front drive shaft. Gave it a test run and it was awful... rear was slipping like crazy. I could slowly squeeze the trigger and get it up to top speed after about traveling 60yds. Anyway... the rear diff has some mobil red synthetic grease in it. Do i need to try one of these 500K or million wt oils? I've never had any experience with those heavy weights to know if those are heavier than grease.

-thanks-
I would think JB weld the center diff. The rear diff is not slipping causing acceleration issues. Does not work that way. All the "slipping" is from the center diff.
Old 12-31-2015, 07:11 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Casper
I would think JB weld the center diff. The rear diff is not slipping causing acceleration issues. Does not work that way. All the "slipping" is from the center diff.
That's what I was thinking... but I'm certain it's not the center diff slipping. I removed all gears and put in the spool locker... there is no give there. I'll rebuild the rear diff and try another test run.

Thanks
Old 12-31-2015, 08:12 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by gernaat
That's what I was thinking... but I'm certain it's not the center diff slipping. I removed all gears and put in the spool locker... there is no give there. I'll rebuild the rear diff and try another test run.

Thanks
Well why would I doubt you A quick bench test shows its in the center. With a some throttle... grabbed both rear tires and can see pinion and spur spinning but no rear drive shaft. Back to the drawing board.

Thanks

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.