Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 01-28-2015, 03:58 PM
  #46351  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (2)
 
mojo 309's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Illinios
Posts: 320
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

is this a losi scte 1.0 reissue with a updated chassie with a 4pole system? and what are the chassis updates besides the battery box. looks like a scte 1.0 on 2,0 chassis to me,whats the point of this.

Last edited by mojo 309; 01-28-2015 at 04:11 PM.
mojo 309 is offline  
Old 01-28-2015, 04:30 PM
  #46352  
Tech Master
iTrader: (114)
 
Doug T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: NC by way of NorCal
Posts: 1,723
Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)
Default

So...... It looks like AVC is creeping into race vehicles. Is it legal to race with AVC? Just wondering. I always thought it was not legal to use any kind of vehicle control assist in racing. I wonder if tracks will start to look for this.......
Doug T is online now  
Old 01-28-2015, 05:01 PM
  #46353  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (2)
 
mojo 309's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Illinios
Posts: 320
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Doug T
So...... It looks like AVC is creeping into race vehicles. Is it legal to race with AVC? Just wondering. I always thought it was not legal to use any kind of vehicle control assist in racing. I wonder if tracks will start to look for this.......

you make a good point with the AVC thing I always heard it wasn't allowed in racing but maybe its the winds of change thing going on or the RC canpanys are trying to drum up more bussisnes by making things easyer to drive.wouldnt surprise me if someday there is autpiolet control opions built into the radio's
mojo 309 is offline  
Old 01-28-2015, 05:20 PM
  #46354  
Tech Prophet
iTrader: (34)
 
Casper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Orange, Ca
Posts: 17,869
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

You can quite easily disarm the AVC for racing and the receiver has a "blinky" mode like a spec ESC for easy teching if rules require you not run it.

The market for this truck is the guy who is going to bash with it so they add AVC to help guys handle the power to keep it under control and fun. Obviously you can and it will be raced but considering the intended market it is a neat option they include.
Casper is offline  
Old 01-28-2015, 07:02 PM
  #46355  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (2)
 
mojo 309's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Illinios
Posts: 320
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Casper
You can quite easily disarm the AVC for racing and the receiver has a "blinky" mode like a spec ESC for easy teching if rules require you not run it.

The market for this truck is the guy who is going to bash with it so they add AVC to help guys handle the power to keep it under control and fun. Obviously you can and it will be raced but considering the intended market it is a neat option they include.
casper is this truck a reissue of the ten scte 1.0 chassis that has been drilled out to the scte 2.0 spec's? and can any of the parts like the battery tray wire holder for the top of the center diff steering servo set up work on original ten scte 1.0
mojo 309 is offline  
Old 02-02-2015, 06:03 AM
  #46356  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 7
Default

Hi all,
Just wondering which online stores do you people buy your losi spare parts from?
Im in australia.
Aprilia060 is offline  
Old 02-02-2015, 12:48 PM
  #46357  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (22)
 
Drift_Buggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,662
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Aprilia060
Hi all,
Just wondering which online stores do you people buy your losi spare parts from?
Im in australia.
International
1) AMain Hobbies
2) Losi Parts House

Australia
1) Model Flight - They are the Losi Distributor for Australia.
2) RC Hobbies
Drift_Buggy is offline  
Old 02-23-2015, 01:47 PM
  #46358  
Tech Apprentice
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 96
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

After 2 years of light to moderate racing, I figured time to overhaul the shocks... Can someone post a link or list the part number for the best shock bottom seal o-ring replacement? I have the stock blue shocks that came with the ARTR kit (not hard-anodized option).

I have read that the Kyosho 1/8 x-rings are a great replacement, but not sure what part number these are.

Also, I heard the 22 low friction O-rings are good (these I think: http://www.amain.com/team-losi-racin...ings-8/p207255) but maybe these are better: http://www.amain.com/team-losi-racin...al-set/p265892 ??)

I could get the Ten-T rebuild kit and keep in emulsion mode, but I really just want the darn seals: http://www.amain.com/losi-shock-rebu...-ten-t/p157920

Thanks guys
stelio279 is offline  
Old 02-23-2015, 02:31 PM
  #46359  
Tech Prophet
iTrader: (34)
 
Casper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Orange, Ca
Posts: 17,869
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by mojo 309
casper is this truck a reissue of the ten scte 1.0 chassis that has been drilled out to the scte 2.0 spec's? and can any of the parts like the battery tray wire holder for the top of the center diff steering servo set up work on original ten scte 1.0
It is basically a 2.0 spec truck as far as chassis layout and towers however you get normal anodize shocks, not coatings on the shafts, plastic chassis braces, non flex tuned chassis, battery holders do not look adjustable. Small things like that to keep costs down for an RTR but it is a 2.0 spec truck as far as cambers links and chassis layout.

Originally Posted by stelio279
After 2 years of light to moderate racing, I figured time to overhaul the shocks... Can someone post a link or list the part number for the best shock bottom seal o-ring replacement? I have the stock blue shocks that came with the ARTR kit (not hard-anodized option).

I have read that the Kyosho 1/8 x-rings are a great replacement, but not sure what part number these are.

Also, I heard the 22 low friction O-rings are good (these I think: http://www.amain.com/team-losi-racin...ings-8/p207255) but maybe these are better: http://www.amain.com/team-losi-racin...al-set/p265892 ??)

I could get the Ten-T rebuild kit and keep in emulsion mode, but I really just want the darn seals: http://www.amain.com/losi-shock-rebu...-ten-t/p157920

Thanks guys
Stock ones lasted 2 years and you are looking for something better?
Casper is offline  
Old 02-24-2015, 05:40 AM
  #46360  
Tech Apprentice
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 96
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Casper
Stock ones lasted 2 years and you are looking for something better?
Casper, when has adequate performance stopped ANYONE in this hobby from trying to find the next best needless pseudo performance upgrade?

Seriously though, the stock ones don't seem to come separately, only the whole rebuild kit for 2 chocks, so more expensive for all 4, and it looks like it would be cheaper to buy a set of just the seals... If the seals come separately, it would be really helpful if you could provide a part number or the best alternative.

Thanks
stelio279 is offline  
Old 02-24-2015, 07:21 AM
  #46361  
Tech Prophet
iTrader: (34)
 
Casper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Orange, Ca
Posts: 17,869
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Anything on my cars that lasts 2 years without needing to be replaced would go back on my car. I honestly have not tried anything else in these shocks as the stock ones just plain work. I know others have tried other stuff. As for your argument that the o-rings only come with the rebuild kit. If you shocks have not been touched in 2 years might as well do a full rebuild vs just o-rings.
Casper is offline  
Old 03-08-2015, 01:49 PM
  #46362  
Tech Master
iTrader: (66)
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Mc Rae, AR
Posts: 1,463
Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)
Default

I agree. The stock shock seals work great and last if you keep the shock boots in good shape. Boots are needed if you run on dusty tracks or outdoors.

Last edited by Thunder Trail; 03-08-2015 at 02:01 PM.
Thunder Trail is offline  
Old 03-09-2015, 11:11 AM
  #46363  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 1
Default hmm

Anyone know where I can buy a chassis skin for the tlr 4000 chassis? All the ones I see say 2.0 and I don't think their the same. Thanks guys
Grunt11b is offline  
Old 03-09-2015, 11:41 AM
  #46364  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
BmainStar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: pullin in,ca.
Posts: 1,993
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Thunder Trail
I agree. The stock shock seals work great and last if you keep the shock boots in good shape. Boots are needed if you run on dusty tracks or outdoors.
Do not run the boots,notice they were not carried over to the 2.0 ? The boots cause binding in the travel of the shock!!!!!! Cheers!
BmainStar is offline  
Old 03-09-2015, 04:50 PM
  #46365  
Tech Master
iTrader: (66)
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Mc Rae, AR
Posts: 1,463
Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)
Default

The boots do require some thought so they can flow a little air. They are so flimsy there is no way they can hinder the suspension. Just take a small screw driver and gently pull boot to the side in the spring cup slot so there is a very small gap. Rarely have to fix them. On dirty tracks you can still get a year or two out of shock seals and shafts show no wear. I know it is a pain at first, but pays for itself over time and gets easier as well. If your track is clean you may not need them.
Thunder Trail is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.