Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 01-26-2015, 09:38 AM
  #46351  
Tech Master
iTrader: (91)
 
JourneyMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,676
Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by sp0097 View Post
http://www.casper-rc.com/images/TEN_..._13_reduce.pdf

CasperRc has his setup for 2.0, which I understand is very similar to the 1.0 setup.
close but no cigar.
JourneyMan is offline  
Old 01-26-2015, 10:01 AM
  #46352  
Tech Master
iTrader: (91)
 
JourneyMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,676
Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by hacker07 View Post
I have attached the most recent and final SCTE 1.0 setup.
Took me an hour to find, but it was in this post.



For the record, the 2.0 truck has different front and rear towers, so different rear camber positions. Also a different chassis/motor position, so weight transfer is different.
JourneyMan is offline  
Old 01-27-2015, 10:05 AM
  #46353  
Tech Prophet
iTrader: (34)
 
Casper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Orange, Ca
Posts: 17,869
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by sp0097 View Post
http://www.casper-rc.com/images/TEN_..._13_reduce.pdf

CasperRc has his setup for 2.0, which I understand is very similar to the 1.0 setup.
The original 2.0 setup is basically where we left off with the 1.0 and started the 2.0 setup wise.
Casper is offline  
Old 01-28-2015, 01:05 PM
  #46354  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (22)
 
Drift_Buggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,662
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

New Losi® 1/10 Troy Lee Designs TEN-SCTE RTR

Features

AVC Equipped 2.4GHz Receiver with 2.4GHz DSMR™ technology
Completely ready-to-run with everything needed in one box
Shaft Driven 4WD Drivetrain with sealed gear differentials
Pre-installed Dynamite® 3900Kv 4-pole 540-size brushless motor
130A LiPo Compatible Waterproof Dynamite ESC
Spektrum™ DX2E 2.4 GHz transmitter and waterproof receiver
Updated chassis layout based on TLR SCTE 2.0
Exclusive Trim-Scheme by Troy Lee Designs
ESC and battery come pre-wired with high-current EC3™ connectors
Waterproof Spektrum servo and electronics
Product Specifications

Type:Short Course Truck
Scale:1/10
Length:21.34 in (524mm)
Width:11.65 in (295.8mm)
Height:7.3 in (185mm)
Wheelbase:13.15 in (334mm)
Weight:6.3 lb (2.9 kg)
Chassis:3mm plate aluminum
Suspension:Independent
Drivetrain:4WD
Tire Type:Eclipse SCT
Motor or Engine:540 4-Pole Non-Sensored Brushless
Speed Control:Included
RadioX2E
Servos:Included
Gear Pitch:MOD1
Kit/RTR:Ready-to-Run
Shock Type:Aluminum Coil Over
Ball Bearings:Yes
Experience Level:Beginner
Recommended Environment:Outdoor
Is Assembly Required:No
Needed to Complete

• Rechargeable Battery 2-3S LiPo with EC3™ Connector
• Li-Po Compatible Charger






Youtube - Losi® 1/10 Troy Lee Designs TEN-SCTE RTR with AVC
Drift_Buggy is offline  
Old 01-28-2015, 03:58 PM
  #46355  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (2)
 
mojo 309's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Illinios
Posts: 320
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

is this a losi scte 1.0 reissue with a updated chassie with a 4pole system? and what are the chassis updates besides the battery box. looks like a scte 1.0 on 2,0 chassis to me,whats the point of this.

Last edited by mojo 309; 01-28-2015 at 04:11 PM.
mojo 309 is offline  
Old 01-28-2015, 04:30 PM
  #46356  
Tech Master
iTrader: (84)
 
Doug T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: NC by way of NorCal
Posts: 1,387
Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)
Default

So...... It looks like AVC is creeping into race vehicles. Is it legal to race with AVC? Just wondering. I always thought it was not legal to use any kind of vehicle control assist in racing. I wonder if tracks will start to look for this.......
Doug T is offline  
Old 01-28-2015, 05:01 PM
  #46357  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (2)
 
mojo 309's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Illinios
Posts: 320
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Doug T View Post
So...... It looks like AVC is creeping into race vehicles. Is it legal to race with AVC? Just wondering. I always thought it was not legal to use any kind of vehicle control assist in racing. I wonder if tracks will start to look for this.......

you make a good point with the AVC thing I always heard it wasn't allowed in racing but maybe its the winds of change thing going on or the RC canpanys are trying to drum up more bussisnes by making things easyer to drive.wouldnt surprise me if someday there is autpiolet control opions built into the radio's
mojo 309 is offline  
Old 01-28-2015, 05:20 PM
  #46358  
Tech Prophet
iTrader: (34)
 
Casper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Orange, Ca
Posts: 17,869
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

You can quite easily disarm the AVC for racing and the receiver has a "blinky" mode like a spec ESC for easy teching if rules require you not run it.

The market for this truck is the guy who is going to bash with it so they add AVC to help guys handle the power to keep it under control and fun. Obviously you can and it will be raced but considering the intended market it is a neat option they include.
Casper is offline  
Old 01-28-2015, 07:02 PM
  #46359  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (2)
 
mojo 309's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Illinios
Posts: 320
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Casper View Post
You can quite easily disarm the AVC for racing and the receiver has a "blinky" mode like a spec ESC for easy teching if rules require you not run it.

The market for this truck is the guy who is going to bash with it so they add AVC to help guys handle the power to keep it under control and fun. Obviously you can and it will be raced but considering the intended market it is a neat option they include.
casper is this truck a reissue of the ten scte 1.0 chassis that has been drilled out to the scte 2.0 spec's? and can any of the parts like the battery tray wire holder for the top of the center diff steering servo set up work on original ten scte 1.0
mojo 309 is offline  
Old 02-02-2015, 06:03 AM
  #46360  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 7
Default

Hi all,
Just wondering which online stores do you people buy your losi spare parts from?
Im in australia.
Aprilia060 is offline  
Old 02-02-2015, 12:48 PM
  #46361  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (22)
 
Drift_Buggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,662
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Aprilia060 View Post
Hi all,
Just wondering which online stores do you people buy your losi spare parts from?
Im in australia.
International
1) AMain Hobbies
2) Losi Parts House

Australia
1) Model Flight - They are the Losi Distributor for Australia.
2) RC Hobbies
Drift_Buggy is offline  
Old 02-23-2015, 01:47 PM
  #46362  
Tech Apprentice
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 96
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

After 2 years of light to moderate racing, I figured time to overhaul the shocks... Can someone post a link or list the part number for the best shock bottom seal o-ring replacement? I have the stock blue shocks that came with the ARTR kit (not hard-anodized option).

I have read that the Kyosho 1/8 x-rings are a great replacement, but not sure what part number these are.

Also, I heard the 22 low friction O-rings are good (these I think: http://www.amain.com/team-losi-racin...ings-8/p207255) but maybe these are better: http://www.amain.com/team-losi-racin...al-set/p265892 ??)

I could get the Ten-T rebuild kit and keep in emulsion mode, but I really just want the darn seals: http://www.amain.com/losi-shock-rebu...-ten-t/p157920

Thanks guys
stelio279 is offline  
Old 02-23-2015, 02:31 PM
  #46363  
Tech Prophet
iTrader: (34)
 
Casper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Orange, Ca
Posts: 17,869
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by mojo 309 View Post
casper is this truck a reissue of the ten scte 1.0 chassis that has been drilled out to the scte 2.0 spec's? and can any of the parts like the battery tray wire holder for the top of the center diff steering servo set up work on original ten scte 1.0
It is basically a 2.0 spec truck as far as chassis layout and towers however you get normal anodize shocks, not coatings on the shafts, plastic chassis braces, non flex tuned chassis, battery holders do not look adjustable. Small things like that to keep costs down for an RTR but it is a 2.0 spec truck as far as cambers links and chassis layout.

Originally Posted by stelio279 View Post
After 2 years of light to moderate racing, I figured time to overhaul the shocks... Can someone post a link or list the part number for the best shock bottom seal o-ring replacement? I have the stock blue shocks that came with the ARTR kit (not hard-anodized option).

I have read that the Kyosho 1/8 x-rings are a great replacement, but not sure what part number these are.

Also, I heard the 22 low friction O-rings are good (these I think: http://www.amain.com/team-losi-racin...ings-8/p207255) but maybe these are better: http://www.amain.com/team-losi-racin...al-set/p265892 ??)

I could get the Ten-T rebuild kit and keep in emulsion mode, but I really just want the darn seals: http://www.amain.com/losi-shock-rebu...-ten-t/p157920

Thanks guys
Stock ones lasted 2 years and you are looking for something better?
Casper is offline  
Old 02-24-2015, 05:40 AM
  #46364  
Tech Apprentice
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 96
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Casper View Post
Stock ones lasted 2 years and you are looking for something better?
Casper, when has adequate performance stopped ANYONE in this hobby from trying to find the next best needless pseudo performance upgrade?

Seriously though, the stock ones don't seem to come separately, only the whole rebuild kit for 2 chocks, so more expensive for all 4, and it looks like it would be cheaper to buy a set of just the seals... If the seals come separately, it would be really helpful if you could provide a part number or the best alternative.

Thanks
stelio279 is offline  
Old 02-24-2015, 07:21 AM
  #46365  
Tech Prophet
iTrader: (34)
 
Casper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Orange, Ca
Posts: 17,869
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Anything on my cars that lasts 2 years without needing to be replaced would go back on my car. I honestly have not tried anything else in these shocks as the stock ones just plain work. I know others have tried other stuff. As for your argument that the o-rings only come with the rebuild kit. If you shocks have not been touched in 2 years might as well do a full rebuild vs just o-rings.
Casper is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.