Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 04:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BDRMBULLY View Post
the rear bumper is just whimpy and fragile like. in the 1st 10 min my buddy broke his just with a weird awkard landing and hit the bumper. now he's gotta pull out some zip ties to keep it together.guess thats why they say land nose first lol
We are working on the rear bumper on two spots right now due to the feedback here. Thank you to all for the feedback...but there is a way to keep the feedback positive so lets try.

Thanks
Old 03-23-2011, 04:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BDRMBULLY View Post
wrenching on two cars to get one going doesnt sound to fun to me. i won all this last nite...145 ish
jennys_rcsport Member id jennys_rcsport ( Feedback Score Of 85184) 99.8%

Total items : 6 $92.89
+$15.00
View order details
More actions

Team Losi 1/10 TEN-T 14mm Wheel Hex & wheel caps Team Losi 1/10 TEN-T 14mm Wheel Hex & wheel caps
Sale date: 03/22/11
$5.99
$8.00
Paid with PayPal on March 22, 2011. Shipped 03/23/11 Feedback not left Positive feedback received Leave feedback
More actions

Team Losi 1/10 TEN-T Center CV Driveshafts (front rear Team Losi 1/10 TEN-T Center CV Driveshafts (front rear
$12.12
See description
Paid with PayPal on March 22, 2011. Shipped 03/23/11 Feedback not left Positive feedback received Leave feedback
More actions

Losi Ten T 10-T 48T Center DIff Differential Spur Gear Losi Ten T 10-T 48T Center DIff Differential Spur Gear
$4.49
See description
Paid with PayPal on March 23, 2011. Shipped 03/23/11 Feedback not left Feedback not received Leave feedback
More actions

Wrong sized hex's, you wanted the 12mm not 14mm (unless you are running the stock Ten T wheels).

Rear drive shaft from the Ten T is to short and the 48T spur won't fit and is the wrong pitch, it's mod .8 not mod 1.

Just a heads up.
Old 03-23-2011, 04:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SaladFork View Post
Wrong sized hex's, you wanted the 12mm not 14mm (unless you are running the stock Ten T wheels).

Rear drive shaft from the Ten T is to short and the 48T spur won't fit and is the wrong pitch, it's mod .8 not mod 1.

Just a heads up.
If the center dif spur was only mod .8 then it could be useful. Its actually somewhere in between mod 1 and Mod .8. No pinion on the planet will work with it. For an electric conversion its basically a throw away. The only think Im aware of that will mesh with it is the losi clutch bell for the ten-t.
Old 03-23-2011, 05:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jhautz View Post
If the center dif spur was only mod .8 then it could be useful. Its actually somewhere in between mod 1 and Mod .8. No pinion on the planet will work with it. For an electric conversion its basically a throw away. The only think Im aware of that will mesh with it is the losi clutch bell for the ten-t.
Not only that but (as you know) it's to big, even with a 43T you have to shim the diffs up a few mm's... With a 48T you would have to shim the hell out of it.
Old 03-23-2011, 05:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Heres an update on my chassis
*I got rear ended by a Hyper 10sc doing about 40mph
*Rear bumper Trashed, Bought a new one + mud flaps
*Body Trashed
*Shocktower Bent.

Other than that, no other damage. Decided to upgrade the rear end.

Tires are getting Worn. I got DE racing wheels + Proline Glads are on the way.

Tough Truck. Very happy with it after 3 weeks.
Old 03-23-2011, 05:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

I know it might be somewhere in this tread. Anyone know the length and size of the turn buckles?
Old 03-23-2011, 06:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Feint Motion View Post
I run a MMM and the 2400 kv motor on 2s w/ a 20t pinion. It's insane how fast it is, even with the timing maxed out the motor never got above 145.
What size are the connectors on the 2400? Do they fit the MMM or did you have to solder some on?
Old 03-23-2011, 06:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BmainStar View Post
Oh sorry bro I didn't know you were a Pioneer,I`m just trying to keep a positve spin on this truck ,according to your thread everything about the factory truck plastic wise is crap..But since i`m an internet pro who loves this truck I just dont see that much damage on the trucks ive seen at the track.Sorry to keep butting in on your sewing circle!!!!
Perhaps you should read before you post as it's obvious english comprehension is not your strong suit. I've said all along, the major plastic on this truck is fantastic. The arms, spindles, hubs, bulkheads, basically everything brought over from the Ten-T parts wise has been phenomenal. Wears great, and holds up great. Not one broken part in 7 months of racing(besides the craptastic rod ends). You can follow all that back through this thread, and the "Ten-T E" thread that predates this one by several months. It's just the plastic parts designed to change this over to a SCT that has proven to be sub par either in design or execution. It's not a bash, and it's beyond a "coincidence" at this point....so it's a trend headed into a full blown fact.....the rear bumper is weak, the rear shock tower is insufficient, and the body mounts, nerf bars, and front bumper are highly suspect. Sorry if that doesn't sit very well with some fanboys, but it is what it is. I know it's not a great feeling when guys that bought their factory trucks because they either saw mine or drove mine, come to me and show me how theirs is falling apart Even though I probably shouldn't...I feel a bit guilty cause it really sucks for those guys. Hopefully all this talk turns into something positive and these things get fixed, either in design or in production. It's still the best 4x4 sct out there, it's just 6 or 7 "fixes" from being perfect.
Old 03-23-2011, 06:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Casper, hacker, Casey...

What are the size hole in the pistons? For instance #4 is 1.05mm. What are the rest of them?

Thanks guys.

Note: Salad. This might be some good info for the first post. It is really great how your keeping the first...How do I say....umm....Awesome sauce!!
Old 03-23-2011, 06:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ridley View Post
Perhaps you should read before you post as it's obvious english comprehension is not your strong suit. I've said all along, the major plastic on this truck is fantastic. The arms, spindles, hubs, bulkheads, basically everything brought over from the Ten-T parts wise has been phenomenal. Wears great, and holds up great. Not one broken part in 7 months of racing(besides the craptastic rod ends). You can follow all that back through this thread, and the "Ten-T E" thread that predates this one by several months. It's just the plastic parts designed to change this over to a SCT that has proven to be sub par either in design or execution. It's not a bash, and it's beyond a "coincidence" at this point....so it's a trend headed into a full blown fact.....the rear bumper is weak, the rear shock tower is insufficient, and the body mounts, nerf bars, and front bumper are highly suspect. Sorry if that doesn't sit very well with some fanboys, but it is what it is. I know it's not a great feeling when guys that bought their factory trucks because they either saw mine or drove mine, come to me and show me how theirs is falling apart Even though I probably shouldn't...I feel a bit guilty cause it really sucks for those guys. Hopefully all this talk turns into something positive and these things get fixed, either in design or in production. It's still the best 4x4 sct out there, it's just 6 or 7 "fixes" from being perfect.
English comprehnsion may not be my strong point,but I get what your saying.Didn`t mean to fling mudd but seemed like you were a little Kocky in yer reply.We both love the truck and that`s what matters and it will all be worked out soon,and ya I`m a Losi FanMan since my JR-T IN 1991
and yes i`m adding internet keyboard driving pro to my sig!! That was funny!
Cheers p.s. I spelled comprehension wrong LOL
Old 03-23-2011, 06:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Originally Posted by StPete40 View Post
What size are the connectors on the 2400? Do they fit the MMM or did you have to solder some on?
I ditched the connectors and soldered them together.
Old 03-23-2011, 06:21 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Ridley View Post
Im sick of this bs .....Aside from the silly diff-pin problem, this truck (from losi and not your lil concoption based off losi platforms) has been great for way more than the few that have encountered these "teething" issues...I am from florida, maybe it's the wether here but most have held up great durabiltiy wise on big loose(real off-road conditions)"hurtem" type tracks??You are flaming on here worst than a swedish hair stylist, sorry to be blunt as no one should give a rats azz that you built this truck b/f the manufacturer..You stating that you actually feel guilty for others having problems says alot about nothing and is simply unproductive to this thread...I dunno get a shrink? It's there platform and there truck that I have invested into and not some self appointed rc purist that seems like he wants recognition for something and comes off as he thinks he knows it all....Im getting sick of this crap just shut the f - up and move on!!!
Old 03-23-2011, 06:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Feint Motion View Post
I ditched the connectors and soldered them together.
Thanks for pic. I have a 2400 on the way and an MMM ESC on the bench. Looks like my next combo.
Old 03-23-2011, 06:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by titotime View Post
Ryan, Casey,

Got any setup info from the Cactus Classic race for us?
Thanks, in advance!
Yes Truhe and I both ran my std set up with the following changes

#3 pistons in the front shocks and 30wt
5-3-2 for diff set up
and silver rear springs
soft wishbones with black AKA foam

I can post my std set up here in a bit.
Old 03-23-2011, 06:47 PM
Tech Regular

I am going to order another Ten-t Scte for my nephew and me,for i have enjoyed it so much...I spoke with horizon and they told me that the next shipment of trucks should be in next week or two??Next, I inquired from both horizon and losi on if this next batch would have the corrected up to spec hardened diff-pins...They said they would have the hardened pins in the trucks, but was hoping i could get another confirmation on this info from the "factory guys"??If they are not that is fine as I could then just order the truck now from a-main or ultimate hobbies..I would rather wait to get it from horizon with the pins ready to rock!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.