Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 03-17-2014, 10:21 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default CAN

Hey guys I just recently took apart my SCTE and was wondering what you guys recommend I use for lubricating hinge pins and my cvd?
Old 03-17-2014, 11:26 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by javi0sh View Post
Hey guys I just recently took apart my SCTE and was wondering what you guys recommend I use for lubricating hinge pins and my cvd?
I don't recommend adding anything to your hinge pins. I do recommend my Extreme Grease for ring and pinion gears and CV joints.

www.casper-rc.com
Old 03-18-2014, 01:31 AM
Tech Regular

Best lube ever for diff gears and crown pinions CVD's and the like.

http://www.amain.com/advanced_search...a+lube&x=0&y=0
Old 03-18-2014, 08:28 PM
Tech Regular

Got a scte recently with the tunning kit. Running the viper copperhead vx4.39 system with a futaba s9551 servo. So far, this setup feals very nice on the track.

Pink, my daughter who is 6 chose the color. Atleast my half blind self can see it
Old 03-19-2014, 10:18 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Casper View Post
I use less mah on my 8th scale for the same length race then with my SCTE. The reason is you get you power from the voltage increase.

I know this will sound weird but if your batteries are not up to the task it can cause all sorts of issues with your electronics. Now causing your connectors to fuse have not heard of that one yet. I do know batteries with low amp output can hurt your electronics. I don't know the scientific reason as I am not an electrical engineer (I am a mechanical however) but I have been told by many people I trust know what they are talking about that this can cause all sorts of issues.
In regard to Mah draw... I have put over 6300 back into my 6500mah MaxAmps after a 7 minute race. Very often.
Old 03-20-2014, 07:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 320 (100%+)

morning guys....picked up a 1.0 as a rehab project.....what a mess....Anyway I tt guys at losi because center dif keep binding and finally had to use two gaskets in case so gears wouldn't lock down....they finally admitted center dif is that way many times? My question is I am having trouble with right side bell crank/servo saver hitting on the servo mount bracket? I have to adjust steering camber links all the way to one side so it won't....chassis is jammin but Jay at JAMMIN swears it is exact match to stock chassis....Any input.....I don't want to dremmel the mount bracket if I don't have to....tx guys
Old 03-20-2014, 08:31 AM
Tech Adept

[QUOTMGCasper;13107034]I don't recommend adding anything to your hinge pins. I do recommend my Extreme Grease for ring and pinion gears and CV joints.

www.casper-rc.com[/QUOTE]

Thanks Casper I just now placed an order for 2 jars of that grease you have. How do I add this exactly just rub some on the CVD's? You also said for your ring and pinion gear.
What is a good Servo to use with the SCTE 1.0 I currently have a Savox 0251 MG.
Old 03-20-2014, 08:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 320 (100%+)

OK gets your laughs in.....bell crank was assembled 180 degrees in wrong direction outward over rx receiver box rather than inside under front top plate....lol....all good....peace guys
Old 03-20-2014, 08:40 AM
Tech Prophet

[QUOTMGCasper;13107034]I don't recommend adding anything to your hinge pins. I do recommend my Extreme Grease for ring and pinion gears and CV joints.

www.casper-rc.com

Thanks Casper I just now placed an order for 2 jars of that grease you have. How do I add this exactly just rub some on the CVD's? You also said for your ring and pinion gear.
What is a good Servo to use with the SCTE 1.0 I currently have a Savox 0251 MG.
Looks like you ordered the diff lube. For the SCTE you should have the extreme grease. I can just swap it out for you if you would like? The diff lube is a silicone based grease is for ball diffs.

For CV joints I coat the barrel and assemble. I usually put a little in the slot on both sides once the joint is fully assembled as well. You don't need a ton.

for the ring and pinion gears I use my small flat head screw driver to put a coat around the entire ring gear and then put some on the pinon gear teeth as well before I put them together then work it in by hand once you get the parts together.

Last edited by Casper; 03-20-2014 at 10:31 AM.
Old 03-20-2014, 04:12 PM
Tech Adept

Looks like you ordered the diff lube. For the SCTE you should have the extreme grease. I can just swap it out for you if you would like? The diff lube is a silicone based grease is for ball diffs.

For CV joints I coat the barrel and assemble. I usually put a little in the slot on both sides once the joint is fully assembled as well. You don't need a ton.

for the ring and pinion gears I use my small flat head screw driver to put a coat around the entire ring gear and then put some on the pinon gear teeth as well before I put them together then work it in by hand once you get the parts together.
Dang it!
If it wouldn't be an inconvenience please swap it.
It doesn't matter if it's not covered right I have the stock CVD's?
Thanks Casper.
Old 03-21-2014, 07:07 AM
Tech Prophet

Dang it!
If it wouldn't be an inconvenience please swap it.
It doesn't matter if it's not covered right I have the stock CVD's?
Thanks Casper.
No problem I took care of the grease and it will go in the mail today.

You talking about "CV Boots" when you say covered? It is fine they are not covered. Again you don't need a LOT of grease on the CV joints but enough to coat.
Old 03-21-2014, 07:19 AM
Tech Adept

No problem I took care of the grease and it will go in the mail today.

You talking about "CV Boots" when you say covered? It is fine they are not covered. Again you don't need a LOT of grease on the CV joints but enough to coat.
Yeah that's what I was talking about. Thanks again.
Old 03-21-2014, 08:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)
Default The Fix for sloppy Ackerman Plate Carbon Fiber Ball Bearings

Hey Guys,

I wanted to share this solution for sloppy steering. A fix for the ackerman plate, center link or bell cranks. No matter what you call it, the slop that develops here makes repeating toe adjustments impossible.

I just ordered a set and I will be doing a review once I get them.

These will fit the MIP Pro8, Losi Ten SCTE V1, Losi Ten Nitro and Team Losi Racing SCTE 2.0

Vision Racing is the first to bring this product to market and you can order them now.

http://www.vision-racing.net/

By using these plates and the MIP steering links you can eliminate about 99% of the free play in the steering.

I have been waiting for someone to offer this for the SCTE platform for 3 years. Long over due for such a popular rig.

Last edited by Thunder Trail; 03-23-2014 at 10:57 PM.
Old 03-22-2014, 06:00 AM
Tech Initiate

What is recommended gearing gor lrp sphere tc with tekin 4600 and 550 x12l 5.5? Thanks in advance.
Old 03-22-2014, 11:01 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Does anybody know if the 2.0 diffs fit the 1.0? Also, I'm looking for a setup for outdoor, 1/8 scale track with med traction and a lightly loomy top, anybody have a good one?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.