Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 02:59 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RAPER
This combo works well. I have this combo and it's killer in these trucks on 2s using a 20t pinion.

People need to stop telling others in this tread that it doesn't work well on 2s. I have posted numerous times in here that it does.
+1... stop the hating on this motor on 2s. I bashed the hell outa mine yesterday on 2s with a 19t and it flies. oh 3s is not uncontrollable either unless you are like 6 years old.
Old 03-23-2011, 03:10 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ridley
The rear bumper is certainly flawed. Just about everyone at the track has their rear bumper held together in some hodge podge manner as they have all broken. It needs to be made of some more flexable material...maybe that would save all the rear shock towers from turning into a taco as well.

All the accessory plastic on the truck is pretty poor. Nerf bars broken off, front bumpers pulled out on the lower mount, rear bumpers busting at all the screw mounts, body mounts busted up. Some guys locally are getting pretty peeved about the whole thing shedding plastic everytime it hits the track.

Certainly a ton of stuff that can be redesigned much better by companies like RPM.....they should be able to make a small fortune off this truck..........
What are the temps where you are running. Is it really cold? That is the only reason I can think you may have problems. The rear bumpers to the tower are stressed white on my car and Losi knows why but it is holding just fine. Nerf bars. I have been T-bones full speed by a Ofna and I drove away. He replaced his front end. I am curious as to the weather where you guys are driving. All the trucks in our area are holding up great and there are guys that are not being nice to them!
Old 03-23-2011, 03:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The rear bumper is certainly flawed. Just about everyone at the track has their rear bumper held together in some hodge podge manner as they have all broken. It needs to be made of some more flexable material...maybe that would save all the rear shock towers from turning into a taco as well.

All the accessory plastic on the truck is pretty poor. Nerf bars broken off, front bumpers pulled out on the lower mount, rear bumpers busting at all the screw mounts, body mounts busted up. Some guys locally are getting pretty peeved about the whole thing shedding plastic everytime it hits the track.

Certainly a ton of stuff that can be redesigned much better by companies like RPM.....they should be able to make a small fortune off this truck..........
Maybe I'm just lucky, over a month of running and racing mine looks perf! Front, rear,side Etc. How many slash over the trips is it supposed to be able to handle? RPM here we come!!!
Old 03-23-2011, 03:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

What is the weather like where you run? Maybe that has some effect on it and something we need to look into. If you are running where it is VERY cold, you can try boiling the plastic to soften it up, but it shouldnt be necessary. I have run the same truck with all the same plastic on it for 8 months and have had a few things that we looked at fixing but nothing like what you are going on about here. We are adding some material to the holes around that part on the rear bumper. We are only doing that because of the feedback here. In all my testing, I only ever saw one of those break and that was on a non conditioned part. We always look at things to improve...but to hear all of this, it would certanly be the first time i have heard it.
Old 03-23-2011, 03:22 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker07
What is the weather like where you run? Maybe that has some effect on it and something we need to look into. If you are running where it is VERY cold, you can try boiling the plastic to soften it up, but it shouldnt be necessary. I have run the same truck with all the same plastic on it for 8 months and have had a few things that we looked at fixing but nothing like what you are going on about here. We are adding some material to the holes around that part on the rear bumper. We are only doing that because of the feedback here. In all my testing, I only ever saw one of those break and that was on a non conditioned part. We always look at things to improve...but to hear all of this, it would certanly be the first time i have heard it.
80 F in Texas, is that too cold? Given I dont drive all that great, but I was expecting the rear bumper on mine to last a bit longer as well.... I've also busted one front body mount and other is cracked.
Old 03-23-2011, 03:23 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Plus, as I had already mentioned in an earlier post, we had parts air freighted in and will be here this week so June is not gonna happen. We should be shipping next week. This is minus the gears. We will not be releasing those as they come with the pins until we have a 100% correct pin.
Ohh boy - so when the friendly customer service guy ordered me up 3 diff kits he should have just put me on some list for diff pins huh?
Old 03-23-2011, 03:31 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by SaladFork
I really don't see that as drama... I see that as feedback. And I have seen Ridley drive, while RPM would be nice he wouldn't be needing it because he can't drive.
Thanks buddy

It's kinda funny how the truck comes on the market, the thread gets new peeps, and then guys forget about us who was pioneering the conversions months ago and posting about what designs worked and didn't work

Just like Salad said, the front bumper design was a failed concept by Jammin, definitely not something Losi should have emulated. It should have incorporated a front skid mounting like the slash 4x4 which has a nearly indestructable front bumper.

I designed my first rear bumper just like Losi's and said that it couldn't be mounted to the shock tower after I had bending issues. The Factory version pics came out, and I already knew the tower would taco. Sure enough, just about everyone running the stock tower here has had issues. Most don't even realize they have a bent tower until the body mounts start to not line up It's a non issue if you get the carbon or better aluminum shock tower. The stock shock tower is one step above a hammered flat soda can

I always thought the factory rear bumper, in and of itself, looked real nice. I like the lines and flow of the design......It's just made of a plastic thats a little too brittle. I ran a slash 4x4 rear bumper on my conversion for quite some time....and it held up great. Whatever plastic they use, is what Losi should have considered instead.

Also, for those trying to make it a personal thing, I said OTHERS at the track were having the issues. Most of which I would consider above average drivers. I personally don't even run a rear bumper as I go el durango style now, or the fragile stock nerf bar settup, or even the front bumper. I have the parts sitting here, but I think putting them onto what I designed would be a step backwards at this point as I haven't broken any plastic in months and my settup is an ounce lighter overall.

As always, YMMV, but sooner or later you will be replacing bumpers, body mounts, and nerf bars with this truck...and from what I have seen it will likely be sooner, even if you are an internet keyboard driving pro
Old 03-23-2011, 03:38 PM
Tech Master

The tracks I have seen most of the problems have been indoors, and around 60-70 degrees.

If you PM Minit76 on here, he could probably send you his broken bumpers and nerf bars, and body mounts. I think he is the only one that actually replaced the parts, everyone else just cut the nerf bars off, zip tied the rear bumpers, and hammered the shock tower straight and keep on running it as is.

Some have doubled up the stock rear shock tower, and that seems to work too, but not something I would want to do
Old 03-23-2011, 03:38 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RCJammer
Ohh boy - so when the friendly customer service guy ordered me up 3 diff kits he should have just put me on some list for diff pins huh?
They will send you pins...they just didnt have a new part number as of yet.

Thanks buddy

It's kinda funny how the truck comes on the market, the thread gets new peeps, and then guys forget about us who was pioneering the conversions months ago and posting about what designs worked and didn't work

Just like Salad said, the front bumper design was a failed concept by Jammin, definitely not something Losi should have emulated. It should have incorporated a front skid mounting like the slash 4x4 which has a nearly indestructable front bumper.

I designed my first rear bumper just like Losi's and said that it couldn't be mounted to the shock tower after I had bending issues. The Factory version pics came out, and I already knew the tower would taco. Sure enough, just about everyone running the stock tower here has had issues. Most don't even realize they have a bent tower until the body mounts start to not line up It's a non issue if you get the carbon or better aluminum shock tower. The stock shock tower is one step above a hammered flat soda can

I always thought the factory rear bumper, in and of itself, looked real nice. I like the lines and flow of the design......It's just made of a plastic thats a little too brittle. I ran a slash 4x4 rear bumper on my conversion for quite some time....and it held up great. Whatever plastic they use, is what Losi should have considered instead.

Also, for those trying to make it a personal thing, I said OTHERS at the track were having the issues. Most of which I would consider above average drivers. I personally don't even run a rear bumper as I go el durango style now, or the fragile stock nerf bar settup, or even the front bumper. I have the parts sitting here, but I think putting them onto what I designed would be a step backwards at this point as I haven't broken any plastic in months and my settup is an ounce lighter overall.

As always, YMMV, but sooner or later you will be replacing bumpers, body mounts, and nerf bars with this truck...and from what I have seen it will likely be sooner, even if you are an internet keyboard driving pro
We are always looking at fixing/updating/making the best products. When making 3000 of a part at a time, its possible a few here and there have issues. If you feel soemthing has broken and it was premature or not your fault, contact Horizon, its likely they will take care of you. I can tell you out of the 30 or so around here...I have seen one front bumper and two body posts and thats it. And trust me, they crash plenty.

But to say that everyone will be replacing all of there plastic is simply bashing, please take bashing elsewhere. I have no problem with personal experience but conjecture is simply rumor and that is not too great for anyone.
Old 03-23-2011, 03:46 PM
Tech Master

Thanks buddy

Oh sorry bro I didn't know you were a Pioneer,I`m just trying to keep a positve spin on this truck ,according to your thread everything about the factory truck plastic wise is crap..But since i`m an internet pro who loves this truck I just dont see that much damage on the trucks ive seen at the track.Sorry to keep butting in on your sewing circle!!!!
Old 03-23-2011, 03:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

man you guys put alot of posts up quick. Unfortunately i am back on page 20something. I plan on getting one of these soon. Was going to run the novak havoc pro sc with the ballistic 4.5. never had a problem with it in my hyper 10, but was looking into the tekin RX8 with there motor. Any input?
Old 03-23-2011, 04:05 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Cactus Classic setup info?

Ryan, Casey,

Got any setup info from the Cactus Classic race for us?
Thanks, in advance!
Old 03-23-2011, 04:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

the rear bumper is just whimpy and fragile like. in the 1st 10 min my buddy broke his just with a weird awkard landing and hit the bumper. now he's gotta pull out some zip ties to keep it together.guess thats why they say land nose first lol
Old 03-23-2011, 04:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chuck 21
Ebay won't keep you racing at the track on race day. Buying two trucks
and having one there for parts will"
wrenching on two cars to get one going doesnt sound to fun to me. i won all this last nite...145 ish
jennys_rcsport Member id jennys_rcsport ( Feedback Score Of 85184) 99.8%

Total items : 6 $92.89
+$15.00
View order details
More actions

Team Losi 1/10 TEN-T 14mm Wheel Hex & wheel caps Team Losi 1/10 TEN-T 14mm Wheel Hex & wheel caps
Sale date: 03/22/11
$5.99
$8.00
Paid with PayPal on March 22, 2011. Shipped 03/23/11 Feedback not left Positive feedback received Leave feedback
More actions

Losi 1/10 TEN-T Shock Towers (Front & Rear Body Mounts Losi 1/10 TEN-T Shock Towers (Front & Rear Body Mounts
$12.12
See description
Paid with PayPal on March 22, 2011. Shipped 03/23/11 Feedback not left Positive feedback received Leave feedback
More actions

Team Losi 1/10 TEN-T Center CV Driveshafts (front rear Team Losi 1/10 TEN-T Center CV Driveshafts (front rear
$12.12
See description
More actions

Team Losi 1/10 TEN-T Front Rear Axles (CVD Drive shafts Team Losi 1/10 TEN-T Front Rear Axles (CVD Drive shafts
$41.00
See description
More actions

Team Losi 1/10 TEN-T Steering Set (Bell crank, posts Team Losi 1/10 TEN-T Steering Set (Bell crank, posts
$5.50
See description
More actions

Team Losi 1/10 TEN-T Tie Rod & Turnbuckle Set 10-T Team Losi 1/10 TEN-T Tie Rod & Turnbuckle Set 10-T
$16.16
See description
More actions

the-toyz Member id the-toyz ( Feedback Score Of 65171) 100.0%

Total items : 6 $29.34
+$8.00
View order details
More actions

Team Losi Ten T 10- T Shock Damper Part Set LOSB2904 Team Losi Ten T 10- T Shock Damper Part Set LOSB2904
$6.49
$2.50
Paid with PayPal on March 23, 2011. Shipped 03/23/11 Feedback not left Feedback not received Leave feedback
More actions

Losi Ten T 10-T 48T Center DIff Differential Spur Gear Losi Ten T 10-T 48T Center DIff Differential Spur Gear
$4.49
See description
Paid with PayPal on March 23, 2011. Shipped 03/23/11 Feedback not left Feedback not received Leave feedback
More actions

Losi Ten T 10- T Shock Damper Rebuild Part Set LOSB2906 Losi Ten T 10- T Shock Damper Rebuild Part Set LOSB2906
$4.49
See description
More actions

Losi Ten T 10-T Differential Seals Shims Pins Gasket Losi Ten T 10-T Differential Seals Shims Pins Gasket
Quantity: 2
$9.38
See description
More actions

Losi Ten T 10-T F or R CV Couplers ( 4 ) Losi Ten T 10-T F or R CV Couplers ( 4 )
$4.49
$2.50
More actions
Old 03-23-2011, 04:28 PM
Tech Adept

I dont understand how you guys are breaking all these parts, ive been bashing my losi for a couple weeks now and the only thing ive broken is a rear hub (slid into a cobblestone, also bent the beadlock ring) but that was obviously my fault. And one of the nerf bumpers broke but i have been using it as a handle.

I couldnt be happier with the durability of this truck.

Ive gotten into a tussle with a HPI Vorza flux and came out unscathed.
Ive gotten hit by a 5B and it flipped the truck over a few times, no damage.

P.S. Its 40-45*F out here

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.