Originally Posted by Chuck 21 View Post
I take that post as directed to my post"

I did not mean the diff pins weren't coming before June. The 3 local to me
hobby shops have checked on most all parts for the SCTE and all their
suppliers are showing back order till late May early June for all the rest of
the parts for the SCTE...

I know the diff pins will be here next week as I just talked to Losi &
Horizon this morning...
I was actually referring to all the other parts and not to any specific post really. Was just a place I could let people know they wont be waiting as long as the web says. Thats all.

As for the diff pins...we are working very hard to have them ready for next week. But we want them to be right and that is the most important part. Thank you to everyone that has been patient with us.
Old 03-23-2011, 01:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Feint Motion View Post
Question for hacker07
I work about 5 mins away from horizon/Losi. (falken tire) Is it possible to pick up orders from that warehouse?
I think if you order direct, there may be a way to set the order for will call as we have a will call office. Just not sure if thats only for dealers???
Old 03-23-2011, 02:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

[
Old 03-23-2011, 02:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker07 View Post
Plus, as I had already mentioned in an earlier post, we had parts air freighted in and will be here this week so June is not gonna happen. We should be shipping next week. This is minus the gears. We will not be releasing those as they come with the pins until we have a 100% correct pin.
Are you talking about the side gear play on the pins, are you making new side gears. Looked back and did not see anyone talking about this problem. Mine have a lot of play.
Old 03-23-2011, 02:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

It's 5-40 x 3/8" or 7/16".

Originally Posted by snowboardgeek1 View Post
Hey guys, I'm heading over to my LHS and wanted to confirm the screw size for the motor mount. Its a 5-40 x 1/2 or 5-40 x 5/8?

Here's the links I've found on Losi's website:

http://www.losi.com/Products/Feature...rodId=LOSA6240
http://www.losi.com/Products/Feature...rodId=LOSA6241

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Old 03-23-2011, 02:02 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AnonymousUser View Post
5-40 x 3/8 for the button head
Thanks! Any idea if I can go a little longer on the screw? Just wondering because they have 5-40 x 1/2.
Old 03-23-2011, 02:04 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ChrisAttebery View Post
It's 5-40 x 3/8" or 7/16".
Thanks! I found it at another LHS. You guys are awesome!
Old 03-23-2011, 02:08 PM
Tech Elite

The motor mount is held in place by the same size screw as the gear housings. For my TEN-T conversion I bought 8-32 x 1/2 because they have to go through the 3mm chassis and the 4mm thick spacer plate and then into the mount.

Originally Posted by TonysScrews View Post
Hey guys,

I'm working on screw kits for the Losi 810, Ten-T and Ten-SCTE that should be ready for shipping tomorrow. The exploded views are a little vague though with the screw sizes. I have the 2.5 x 10mm flat head countersunk screws for the diffs (Grade 12.9 alloy steel with a tensile strength of 180,000 psi minimum), but I'm not 100% sure on the motor mount screws. I am assuming they are 5-40 x 1/2" flat head countersunk screws (4 pieces) that go under the chassis. I'm also assuming the motor screws (motor to mount) are 3mm x 10mm flat head countersunk screws (2 pieces).

Also the front, center and rear diff appear to be held on to the chassis using 8-32 x 3/8" flat head countersunk screws (12 pieces).

Can anyone confiirm these sizes/types?

Thanks and best regards,
Old 03-23-2011, 02:09 PM
Tech Elite

I think you'd need a spacer between the screw head and mount.

Originally Posted by snowboardgeek1 View Post
Thanks! Any idea if I can go a little longer on the screw? Just wondering because they have 5-40 x 1/2.
Old 03-23-2011, 02:12 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Zako51 View Post
Anyone running the traxxas VXL system in there Losi. I am really considering selling my Slash 4x4 but keeping the electronics and putting it in the SCTE truck I just ordered?

Any thoughts?
Don't do it!! Sell your 4x4 as a RTR and take the extra money and get a hobbywing combo if money is an issue. The traxxas velenion system will absolutely not work in this set up. I had a Slash 4x4 ultimate, and it over heat like a clock at 12 to 15 mins it would go to thermal. The slash is 2 lbs lighter then the scte. Go to any traxxas slash 4x4 forum or thread and you will see a million threads about how to keep the system from over heating ( because it always overheats). I strongly urge you to get a new set up. with the extra money you make from the sale you could get a nice castle 3800 sct system. I feel that is a great motor and can recommend it, I have a 2650 and that little 3800 hangs with me on the track no problem. Now get me up at 4s and Ill tear it to pieces but actual usable speed the 3800 is pretty even with the 2650. It's like 400 hp small block lol.I sold my slash rtr with a extra set of rims and tires and maybe 30.00 in extra parts and a 30.00 flightmax lipo for 500.00 on flea bay the Demand is still great for slash's but I imagine the market will be getting saturated with losi ,T.A. Durango, Ofna all coming out with new 4x4 all the slash ownere will be upgrading. Just my 2 cents.
Old 03-23-2011, 02:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BmainStar View Post
So a Slash coming off a triple kills your back bumper and you think this is a design flaw??
The rear bumper is certainly flawed. Just about everyone at the track has their rear bumper held together in some hodge podge manner as they have all broken. It needs to be made of some more flexable material...maybe that would save all the rear shock towers from turning into a taco as well.

All the accessory plastic on the truck is pretty poor. Nerf bars broken off, front bumpers pulled out on the lower mount, rear bumpers busting at all the screw mounts, body mounts busted up. Some guys locally are getting pretty peeved about the whole thing shedding plastic everytime it hits the track.

Certainly a ton of stuff that can be redesigned much better by companies like RPM.....they should be able to make a small fortune off this truck..........
Old 03-23-2011, 02:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ridley View Post
The rear bumper is certainly flawed. Just about everyone at the track has their rear bumper held together in some hodge podge manner as they have all broken. It needs to be made of some more flexable material...maybe that would save all the rear shock towers from turning into a taco as well.

All the accessory plastic on the truck is pretty poor. Nerf bars broken off, front bumpers pulled out on the lower mount, rear bumpers busting at all the screw mounts, body mounts busted up. Some guys locally are getting pretty peeved about the whole thing shedding plastic everytime it hits the track.

Certainly a ton of stuff that can be redesigned much better by companies like RPM.....they should be able to make a small fortune off this truck..........
I am using a t-bone bumper from a Jammin SCRT without the support brace, I ran one like this on my Jammin all summer without issue (Elite towers have no mount to use the brace). Another option for peeps on the bumper. I asked Hacker about the design on the bumper pulling out, he said it wasn't a problem (sorry Ryan to keep putting you on the spot). I knew it would be, same as the Jammin... It's a design flaw not a plastics issue IMO. And the new Ofna truck also uses this same design (from the Jammin) but R2 assures everyone the bumper plastic is stronger, once again it's not a plastics issue. It's the design physics and leverage, it will not last without some hinge design to give plenty of flex without stressing the insert to the chassis where it mounts.

Just my .02
Old 03-23-2011, 02:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Not a shot at you personally,but people who need any RPM items are usually pretty hard on their equipment and more then likely a level of driver that warrants these parts. Thats not to say that the plastic on this truck is not as strong as it can be.I am sure the team losi guys are monitoring this thread regularly.Rather then hear yourself speak on a forum,try PM'ing the guys so they can pass on this important info with as little DRAMA as possible.What a concept?

Old 03-23-2011, 02:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racenut123 View Post
Not a shot at you personally,but people who need any RPM items are usually pretty hard on their equipment and more then likely a level of driver that warrants these parts. Thats not to say that the plastic on this truck is not as strong as it can be.I am sure the team losi guys are monitoring this thread regularly.Rather then hear yourself speak on a forum,try PM'ing the guys so they can pass on this important info with as little DRAMA as possible.What a concept?
I really don't see that as drama... I see that as feedback. And I have seen Ridley drive, while RPM would be nice he wouldn't be needing it because he can't drive.
Old 03-23-2011, 02:53 PM
SEF
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

You need a decent amount of force to break the plastic. Let us know what type of hits this truck can't take. I've been driving my SCTE pretty hard and at times pretty wrecklessly on a large 1/8 scale track on 3s with an 1/8 scale motor and haven't broken any of the parts you mentioned. Everything has been pretty bomb proof (at least much more durable than both my Slash 4x4 and Jammin). Only problem I have is the diff pins, but that's nothing new.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.