Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 07-16-2013, 01:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper
Only other reason I would see them breaking is the setscrew backing out and have to assume you are cleaning the threads and thread locking the set screw in place in the coupler.
Absolutely. Once I get it fixed you want to buy it
Old 07-16-2013, 02:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Are you over tightening them and maybe cracking it by the hole?
Old 07-16-2013, 08:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by mxgregg
Are you over tightening them and maybe cracking it by the hole?
I had not thought of that and it makes sense because where the set screw goes into the pin is the thinest part and could put to much pressure on it there. Do I really need the set screw to hold them in since there is a retainer sleeve that covers the ends of the pin?
Old 07-16-2013, 08:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Hmm , they did update that pin to add set screw long ago, i always preffered the original pin .yes the retainer holds it in for i while but its been known to fly out through the plastic retainer, others make an aluminum retainer. Then you can add pin if your choice with same measurments
Old 07-17-2013, 06:04 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

I have some quick questions about a order I'm about to place. I'm getting the Losi scte rtr as a roller and I want to order stuff for reliability. Ive done alot of reading and see that the out drives are weak, and that the drive shafts especially the front are prone to wearing out really fast.

My plan is to order these things:
Tekno HD front driveshaft
Tekno HD rear driveshaft
HD lightened out drive set front and back
HD lightened Center out drive set.
TLR kit
Aluminum rear gearbox bearing insert set (not sure on this)
and a xtreme racing carbon fiber center diff top brace.

also any advice on the king heads center diff brace that uses 2 bearings instead of 1. Does this actually help the front front wearing out as fast?

Future upgrade plans are:
Losi tuned chasis
King heads extended rear brace
Losi front brace.

My plan for electronics are:
Tekin pro4 hd 3500kv
MMP with castle BEC
savox 1258TG servo

My main question do you guys that race these trucks think this is a good starting point for a durable and dependable race truck, or if you could order anything else or remove anything from my list what would you recommend?

I'm also asking where to start gearing wise, I plan to start with a 16 tooth pinion and check temps along the way.

Thank you in advance for any advice you may give.
Old 07-17-2013, 09:11 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Darkgenerals
I have some quick questions about a order I'm about to place. I'm getting the Losi scte rtr as a roller and I want to order stuff for reliability. Ive done alot of reading and see that the out drives are weak, and that the drive shafts especially the front are prone to wearing out really fast.

Tekno HD rear driveshaft
TLR kit

also any advice on the king heads center diff brace that uses 2 bearings instead of 1. Does this actually help the front front wearing out as fast?

Losi tuned chasis
Losi front brace.

Tekin pro4 hd 3500kv
MMP with castle BEC
savox 1258TG servo

My main question do you guys that race these trucks think this is a good starting point for a durable and dependable race truck, or if you could order anything else or remove anything from my list what would you recommend?

I'm also asking where to start gearing wise, I plan to start with a 16 tooth pinion and check temps along the way.

Sounds like you got it covered pretty well. I had most of the upgrades you have and it was pretty much bullet proof.
Old 07-17-2013, 09:15 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Tekno HD rear driveshaft
TLR kit

Sounds good. Go with the new BCE chassis with the 2.0 layout and you will be stylin!

Losi tuned chasis
Losi front brace.

Tekin pro4 hd 3500kv
MMP with castle BEC
savox 1258TG servo

Sounds good. Go with the new BCE chassis with the 2.0 layout and your truck will rip!
Old 07-17-2013, 09:26 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

thanks for the input guys, I also plan to rebuild the diffs, would the HD diffs be a worth wile upgrade since Ill be in there? 8 bucks for better diffs sounds like a good deal, but if the stock ones are just as good I wont worry about it.
Old 07-17-2013, 10:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

Are the tekno center shafts more durable? I have no problem fixing the stock ones but if the other hold up I would be willing to give it a try
Old 07-17-2013, 10:33 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Amrcr
Are the tekno center shafts more durable? I have no problem fixing the stock ones but if the other hold up I would be willing to give it a try

Yes they are for sure !
Old 07-17-2013, 11:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

OMFreckingG so aggravated I only have a few days a month to race or practice with my work schedule. And for the past 2 months every time I can make the 1 hr drive to the closest track it rains like today rain out. Seriously thinking of selling all my Rc stuff.
Old 07-17-2013, 01:23 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Tekno HD rear driveshaft
TLR kit

Losi tuned chasis
Losi front brace.

Tekin pro4 hd 3500kv
MMP with castle BEC
savox 1258TG servo

Get a 2.0! With all the stuff you are getting to "hop up" an RTR why not just get the SCTE 2.0 that already has the majority of that stuff already on it! A lot of the stuff on that list is not needed IMO but others will disagree and that is fine.
Old 07-17-2013, 01:26 PM
Tech Prophet

All you need really for this truck is the HD diff cups , Lighten outdrives all around especially the center diff , Carbon towers Front and Rear. And a diffrent chassis after you bend the stock chassis which you will evently.

The other things like a better center Front axle you only need one when the stock part is shot. The King Headz center diff mount is to stop the wobble in the center diff and yea it will help with wear is it a must. Not really with the HD diff cups it takes a good amount out of it.
Old 07-17-2013, 01:36 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by Casper
Get a 2.0! With all the stuff you are getting to "hop up" an RTR why not just get the SCTE 2.0 that already has the majority of that stuff already on it! A lot of the stuff on that list is not needed IMO but others will disagree and that is fine.
I would, but I traded another truck for a RTR, So I'm happily stuck with a RTR.

TC5 man -
I was thinking of dropping off bearing inserts, the carbon top brace and getting the HD diff cups. Dropping off the bearing inserts and cabon top brace free's some up to buy new tires. Extra tires are always welcome.

is the HD diff cup the same front middle and back?
Old 07-17-2013, 02:19 PM
Tech Prophet

I would, but I traded another truck for a RTR, So I'm happily stuck with a RTR.

TC5 man -
I was thinking of dropping off bearing inserts, the carbon top brace and getting the HD diff cups. Dropping off the bearing inserts and cabon top brace free's some up to buy new tires. Extra tires are always welcome.

is the HD diff cup the same front middle and back?

Yea the Alum bearing inserts to me never seemed a must ive used the plastic ones on the Rear for a long time never a stripped diff or anything. I dont know anybody who i race with that uses them on the 1.0 at least.

Its up to you really . The Carbon brace for the stock chassis hum yea i would get that actually if you want to stop it from bending.

Yup the HD cups Front, Center, Rear are all the same.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.