Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 07-01-2013, 11:11 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by mxgregg View Post
I know I did one of the first conversions and posted here. You really have to drill more than 3 holes. If you just do the 3 then the battery hangs over the left side. You have to move the front brace location and you also have to drill 2 holes to mount the battery tray. The chassis from BCE is already a stronger chassis and the new battery location and mounting will lower the battery and it will just be a clean setup for the same price as a couple sets of tires and wheels. Will be posting pictures early next week.
Ok maybe a few more than three, thought we were only talking about the diff mounts, I think I drilled about six to do the whole job, there are pics of mine about twenty or so pages back.
The new chassis looks nice but being on the other side of the world I tend to make stuff, my car had an aftermarket chassis when I got it, don't care or know what one it is but it works fine, and for me personally having the flashest gear and best of everything means nothing if your being lapped during a race, I just like mine to work. One great example is the new chassis braces on the MIP and SCTE 2.0 chassis, look great, great for indoor i'd say, but to stiff on our outdoor track, I'm getting a lap and a half on the guys running those, and there 32 second laps. Sure there will be other things as well but I know that is one thing that makes my car better on our track.
Losi hit a home run with the 2.0, and its great it's easy to change the 1.0 weight set up the same.
If I feel my 1.0 ever needs a new chassis tho, this BCE will be it for sure, does look very nice, and shiny
Best upgrade for me has been a full set of Tekno axles, smoothed out the drive train and felt faster.
Old 07-02-2013, 05:43 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RossNZ View Post
Ok maybe a few more than three, thought we were only talking about the diff mounts, I think I drilled about six to do the whole job, there are pics of mine about twenty or so pages back.
The new chassis looks nice but being on the other side of the world I tend to make stuff, my car had an aftermarket chassis when I got it, don't care or know what one it is but it works fine, and for me personally having the flashest gear and best of everything means nothing if your being lapped during a race, I just like mine to work. One great example is the new chassis braces on the MIP and SCTE 2.0 chassis, look great, great for indoor i'd say, but to stiff on our outdoor track, I'm getting a lap and a half on the guys running those, and there 32 second laps. Sure there will be other things as well but I know that is one thing that makes my car better on our track.
Losi hit a home run with the 2.0, and its great it's easy to change the 1.0 weight set up the same.
If I feel my 1.0 ever needs a new chassis tho, this BCE will be it for sure, does look very nice, and shiny
Best upgrade for me has been a full set of Tekno axles, smoothed out the drive train and felt faster.
I agree with you and that's why Bill decided to provide a chassis in mill finish instead of some fancy anodized color. His thought are performance not bling and offering a product at a reasonable price. Your truck looks great and if you ever decide to upgrade your chassis look to BCE. The center diff layout and battery setup will get you better handling for sure.
Old 07-02-2013, 06:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I agree with you and that's why Bill decided to provide a chassis in mill finish instead of some fancy anodized color. His thought are performance not bling and offering a product at a reasonable price. Your truck looks great and if you ever decide to upgrade your chassis look to BCE. The center diff layout and battery setup will get you better handling for sure.
How much is it?
Old 07-02-2013, 07:03 AM
Tech Addict

Bill will have to chime in but the others they are offering are $98.
Old 07-02-2013, 02:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

The new BCE H1Pro chassis is listed on their site to pre-order for $98.95. Says expected delivery 3rd week in July.

Is it fair to assume to use this chassis we would need to purchase the 2.0 battery end plates, battery brace (plastic or carbon) and 2.0 foam pads? Is there anything else you would need if you have a 1.0?

It looks like you can use long or short rear brace. Yes?

Are the front and rear driveshafts just reversed like the MIP chassis?
Old 07-02-2013, 02:37 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by E-Mann View Post
The new BCE H1Pro chassis is listed on their site to pre-order for $98.95. Says expected delivery 3rd week in July.

Is it fair to assume to use this chassis we would need to purchase the 2.0 battery end plates, battery brace (plastic or carbon) and 2.0 foam pads? Is there anything else you would need if you have a 1.0?

Yes you need to order the battery mounting parts but no foam pads. Bill will have to chime in on the braces. I will have the first prototype in the next day or two. The driveshafts are reversed like the MIP and the Losi 2.0. This will be the chassis you want if you want to keep most of the SCTE version 1.0 parts.
Old 07-02-2013, 03:25 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by nanoverse View Post
Do you still have all those crazy horns and lights wired up?
Sorry, I've been away for a while..
No, I didn't have that entire sound-and-light-kit installed when I puffed my lipo / (over)heated my Esc & motor.

It was just my SCTE, HW3656SD 4700Kv motor, HW SCT Pro Esc with no timing an punch on 5 I think, but with LVC set to 3.0V and overheat protection off (because everytime I raced I would qualify fine, but in the first race it would overheat in the last lap).
Gens Ace 7000mAh battery.
Savox HV servo, Glitch buster on the receiver, and that's it.

No funny stuff whatsoever, and really really no binding, My wheels spin freely, I can manually spin the spur and it'll move freely.
Old 07-02-2013, 11:09 PM
Tech Addict

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Doug T View Post
That's totally awesome. Thanks BCE and guys.
Originally Posted by E-Mann View Post

Yes you need to order the battery mounting parts but no foam pads. Bill will have to chime in on the braces. I will have the first prototype in the next day or two. The driveshafts are reversed like the MIP and the Losi 2.0. This will be the chassis you want if you want to keep most of the SCTE version 1.0 parts.
Thanks Again Guys, We have had a wonderful response from the series one owners who are not just ready to make the full jump to the 2.0, as most know
times are kinda tight. Glad we could get this one rolling

Regarding the online info We do have a small quantity available for the RCTech guys this week just would like to hear your feedback/pics . just make sure to post in the Order note section "RCT H1 Thread" and you will receive in the next week. so far we have all options open for the braces TLR, Asc B Brace ,etc.
we should have a lot of updates/Info soon from the racers builds.
(heres a little bit better shot of our Batt Index.)
BCE H1 Pro SC
Old 07-03-2013, 05:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Anyone know the correct size of the o-rings for the shocks, or ones from a different company that are known to work? I just need the o-rings and not the rebuild kit.
Old 07-04-2013, 05:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Will this work for weight bias? Moved the center diff back and added the APR-RC battery mount. Full TLR kit, upgraded diffs, carbon fiber shock towers, top plate, center diff plate with fan,& radio box cover with transponder mount. Ti-Nitrate hinge pins and Titanium king pins.Tekno axles and driveshafts are on the way. So this build compared to a 2.0? close enough not to upgrade to the 2.0?[IMG][/IMG]
Old 07-04-2013, 06:59 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OfnaJoe View Post
Will this work for weight bias? Moved the center diff back and added the APR-RC battery mount. Full TLR kit, upgraded diffs, carbon fiber shock towers, top plate, center diff plate with fan,& radio box cover with transponder mount. Ti-Nitrate hinge pins and Titanium king pins.Tekno axles and driveshafts are on the way. So this build compared to a 2.0? close enough not to upgrade to the 2.0?[IMG][/IMG]

Close but no dice, take another look at a 2.0 and you'll see one big part your missing.
Old 07-04-2013, 07:28 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

What you have there is going to make a significant difference in the way the truck drives. You don't have the ESC up in front of the battery but I'm not sure that is really necessary with as far back as the APE tray moves everything. Having angles on both front and rear drive shafts is going to add extra wear to both instead of just the front. Never been a huge fan of that design myself but it seems like almost all manufacturers do it. I'm still pretty quick with my 1.0 with APE tray so if you are a decent driver you will be competitive with it for sure.
Old 07-04-2013, 08:28 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Derry View Post
Anyone know the correct size of the o-rings for the shocks, or ones from a different company that are known to work? I just need the o-rings and not the rebuild kit.
These work with a 1mm shim in the end.
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ock-O-Rings-10

I have ordered the Losis too and will test them. Somebody has had success with these.
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...haft-O-Rings-8
Old 07-04-2013, 08:47 AM
Tech Master

Integra, what part?
Old 07-04-2013, 08:50 AM
Tech Master

INTEGRA, what part?
[IMG][/IMG]

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.