Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 05-23-2013, 08:56 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I tore into my diffs tonight and installed lightened outdrives in the rear and center diffs. I cleaned out all the old gunk and put 3000 in the rear and 7000 in the center diff so far. I am gonna go with 5000 in the front and probably do that one tomorrow.

I find it is way easier to just remove the whole rear assembly off to take the diff out. I found a guide that helped me take things apart much easier. I took my time cleaning and inspecting all my parts before I swapped into my HD diffs.
Old 05-23-2013, 09:31 PM
Tech Prophet

Depending on what surface you run on and what you like i would run the 7k in the center with the 5k F and 3k R . If its high grip dont run 5k in the center well at least on Carpet maybe Clay also. It will just spin the Front wheels and not have enough forward traction and lack of on power steering thats what i noticed at least.

5k in the center is pretty good on rough outdoor tracks although i still kind of like that all wheel drive affect and more torque feel with the 5,7,3.
Old 05-23-2013, 09:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I ran my scte on carpet with 5-5-3 and it was garbage... Gotta bump up the center oil weight... Unless you have dboots for tires.
Old 05-23-2013, 09:36 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by silveraider14 View Post
I ran my scte on carpet with 5-5-3 and it was garbage... Gotta bump up the center oil weight... Unless you have dboots for tires.

Yea i agree and i was running sc10 tires (broken in) with M3 holeshots on the rear and all it would do is push to the outside especially into a real tight corner where you brake after the straightaway. 7k in the center is much better for Carpet no doubt.
Old 05-23-2013, 11:43 PM
Tech Adept

the Ten - scte is awesome truck ! i love mine it has alot of up graded parts mostly just to make it last longer and easier to work on. You dont have to have every hop up part i learnt as a guy at our track who was Australia 2 has a stock truck pretty much , just drives super well !!
Attached Thumbnails Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread-getattachment.jpgten.jpg  
Old 05-24-2013, 05:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
Yea i agree and i was running sc10 tires (broken in) with M3 holeshots on the rear and all it would do is push to the outside especially into a real tight corner where you brake after the straightaway. 7k in the center is much better for Carpet no doubt.
Mine had so much steering off power it was terrible lol my shocks are setup for hard pac dirt tho. And i was using the stock tires with dead foams so i am sure that didnt help
Old 05-24-2013, 07:26 AM
Tech Adept

I am running 5-7-3 to see how it feels. Gonna give it a whirl on clay later today.
Old 05-24-2013, 12:37 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by silveraider14 View Post
Mine had so much steering off power it was terrible lol my shocks are setup for hard pac dirt tho. And i was using the stock tires with dead foams so i am sure that didnt help

Oh yea i had a ton of off power steering and understeer my saver was tighten also so it was maintly really the 5k in the center diff . The motor also heated up faster so i could tell i having wheelspin up Front.

PHAT: Yea but coming from running my compelety stock now with the TLR chassis and Carbon towers it handles 100% better on the track !

I think you will like that 7 in the center JetBlast you get that extra torque off the line and you dont really need to slam on the throttle as much to hit jumps or triples.

You do need to be smoother on the throttle though than with 5k in the center.
Old 05-24-2013, 03:01 PM
Tech Adept

Just came back from a 5 hour track-a-thon. I demolished my shell pretty good so it may be time for a new one. I did much better at my jumps towards the end of my day but when I hit the deck, I smashed pretty hard! I also smashed a rear hub and had to replace it. Also, my double sided sticky tape didn't hold and my ESC went for a ride! I ended up cleaning it off and buying some silicon sticky stuff. The shop owner had some alcohol for me to use to clean the surfaces to place it down. Hopefully this doesn't happen again.

I can see why this beast needs a diet! I think being a little lighter weight would help me out some.

Now lets talk about my Geforce batteries. I am not too sure if these are good enough to use. The slight hesitation on initial throttle input doesn't do me much good for clearing jumps and what not. I had my throttle expo set for -30 and it still had some hesitation. When I ran my Reedy battery, I took off like a rocket and had zero issues. My Monster 2 manual says I need to use 50c or greater. I don't know if the issue was the batteries being 50c or something else. My Reedy battery didn't fail me. The Gforce batteries will get you around the track but I would probably keep them for spares for practice sessions. When the time comes, I will probably go with Max Amps or something else.
Old 05-24-2013, 03:08 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

You don't need to spend a lot to get good batteries. SMC batteries are phenomenal and if you choose the right ones, Gens Ace still makes good packs. There is no need to spend over $100 on a battery.
Old 05-24-2013, 03:47 PM
Tech Adept

Yeah ill check into those SMC batteries. Thanks.
Old 05-24-2013, 03:58 PM
Tech Prophet

Dont give up on the G-Force lipos they take a few or more cycles to get them broken in than you will notice the extra punch. Some lipo brands are like that i practice and race with my. How did you like the 7k in the center diff ?

Yea on them tighter tracks is where you will really notice this truck needs to be lighten !

I would get the SMC lipos but dam if your in a hurry there out of stock most of time just like Gens ace well there worse lol.

Does no good if you in a hurry .
Old 05-24-2013, 04:30 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
Dont give up on the G-Force lipos they take a few or more cycles to get them broken in than you will notice the extra punch. Some lipo brands are like that i practice and race with my. How did you like the 7k in the center diff ?

Yea on them tighter tracks is where you will really notice this truck needs to be lighten !

I would get the SMC lipos but dam if your in a hurry there out of stock most of time just like Gens ace well there worse lol.

Does no good if you in a hurry .
I am actually not in a hurry at all. This is all a learning experience. I will give the Gforce batteries more time like you said and see what happens.

The 7k diff oil in the center makes me feel like I have a bit of torque compared to that stock grease stuff. I do like the lightened outdrives too. I seem to get a lot of acceleration for my jumps. I also have a new track layout I need to learn. It was designed with speed and jumping in mind this time. I am thinking about picking up some springs and trying different spring configurations.

Pretty soon, I may end up ordering a new lighter chassis plate. I am interested in the Jammin one but I will research the other ones too. Right now, I took my front and rear assemblies off my chassis so I can do an inspection and cleaning. I want to see what else I may have broke (or will break).
Old 05-24-2013, 05:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

We need a BCE conversion kit to 2.0
Where you at???
Old 05-24-2013, 06:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by JetBlast View Post
I tore into my diffs tonight and installed lightened outdrives in the rear and center diffs. I cleaned out all the old gunk and put 3000 in the rear and 7000 in the center diff so far. I am gonna go with 5000 in the front and probably do that one tomorrow.

I find it is way easier to just remove the whole rear assembly off to take the diff out. I found a guide that helped me take things apart much easier. I took my time cleaning and inspecting all my parts before I swapped into my HD diffs.
Can you tell me where you found this guide? Or a link would be great Thanks

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.